Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Prime Part Ducat Values with Hydroid Prime Access

aidan890

Hey all,

With the release of Hydroid Prime Access right around the corner, we have some news for you regarding some shifting Prime part rarities and Ducat prices. 

In order to accommodate incoming Relics and keep the total number of Relics as low as possible, the Ducat value of the following items will be changed from 100 to 65:

• Saryn Prime Blueprint
  • Fragor Prime Blueprint
  • Nikana Prime Blueprint

Future Relic placement of these parts will also have them appear in the Uncommon (silver) tier. You should be able to exchange any stockpiles of these for Ducats in advance of this change. The change will happen when Hydroid Prime releases on Tuesday, August 29. 

Thanks Tenno!

• Like 1

This is where ducats really fall short with relics.... without relics, each item had a price, with relics it can be one price one week and the week after it's completely different because it's now easier to get on another relic...

Maybe ducats need to be 'redesigned' to be better with relics.

And it's not like baro has been dropping his prices to compensate in the lost value in ducats.

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

This is where ducats really fall short with relics.... without relics, each item had a price, with relics it can be one price one week and the week after it's completely different because it's now easier to get on another relic...

The prices won't change week to week, only when a new Prime Access is released, and when values are changing we will update you, like with this thread.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

The prices won't change week to week, only when a new Prime Access is released, and when values are changing we will update you, like with this thread.

I never said it was a weekly thing, I said one week it can be one price and then the next week it can be something different because it's now easier to get on another relic, which is exactly what is happening here. As I said this is a problem because of the relic system, the item itself hasn't changed and they're still just as important as before for building said items, it's just been made 'easier' to get because it's been stuck at a lower tier on a new relics... which in themselves aren't always that easy to get. 

It still doesn't change the fact that it's actually devaluing previous items that we've 'saved up' in case baro brings something new.  Yes you can say you're telling us early enough to change them to ducats but you can also argue that it's not really worth doing that until we know something is there to buy from baro... once an item is ducats it can't be sold for plat etc.  Just look at this weeks baro... all I actually had from him to buy were 2 armour pieces for iirc 375 ducats, and an affinity booster which is kind of pointless for me at MR 23. 

If we knew there would be new stuff worth buying from baro we'd be happy to stockpile ducats but lets be honest there hasn't really been much new stuff from baro for ages.

If the dropchances for the "rare" parts would increase by the same ammount this might not be as bad as it is now. Getting a golden drop that gives barely more ducats than a silver drop is...well. But it's good to see the player effort is valued here as much as it was "valued" with the Hema!

9 hours ago, almostsurelymarkovian said:

We got Primed Bane of Corrupted recently - the first new primed mod in over 6 months.

I didn't say there wasn't anything, we've been getting cosmetics quite frequently but that's one item to buy for ducats which isn't going to be a huge amount in general is it and many of us you can just cash in some of the stockpile of prime items we have from generally not needing it... it's not like we get exactly what we want every time we go there, I get no end of 'junk prime parts' while farming forma blueprints.

On 25.08.2017 at 5:11 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

With the release of Hydroid Prime Access right around the corner, we have some news for you regarding some shifting Prime part rarities and Ducat prices. 

In order to accommodate incoming Relics and keep the total number of Relics as low as possible, the Ducat value of the following items will be changed from 100 to 65:

• Saryn Prime Blueprint
  • Fragor Prime Blueprint
  • Nikana Prime Blueprint

Future Relic placement of these parts will also have them appear in the Uncommon (silver) tier. You should be able to exchange any stockpiles of these for Ducats in advance of this change. The change will happen when Hydroid Prime releases on Tuesday, August 29. 

Thanks Tenno!

@[DE]Aidan you know, a ducat price value in reward selection screen in relic mission would be a good idea.

• Like 1

How is this keeping relics to as low as possible? Looking at the number I feel this system is just a growing problem and needs to be tweaked or reworked.

There are 22 Lith 23 Meso 23 Neo 24 Axi. A total of 92 different relics and 61 are vaulted since relics came out July 2016. Sets of between 10-16 relics have been vaulted 4 times because of new primes and the prime vault has opened 3 times to release and then remove 4 brand new relics each time.

This round there will be a 14 relics vaulted out of the current 31 available.(+1 f you consider Axi A2 from Baro "available")

Lith S4 S6 Meso D1 S4 F1 Neo N6 N7 S6 T1 Axi C2 G1 A1 V5 H2

Any player that has played for the past year would probably have a messy list that 92 relics and it is much faster to find intact or rad share teams for the newer relics. How will it look like in another 6 months or a year? another 90+ relics? Is DE gonna start charging people to store relics like with rivens when the number reaches too big?

Why not just have it like Prime vault released relics and concentrate the waves of primes in 4 relics. And properly balance the rarity of parts so we don't get have instances like all parts of vauban prime are rare while none of trinity parts are rare.

This change of ducat prices seem like a lousy band aid fix to the problem of growing relic numbers because this has already happened before where DE suddenly changed ducat prices. (Ash prime systems, carrier prime cerebrum, etc...) While I'm grateful this time that the change was announced beforehand but how many players will read this one post in the forums within these 5 days.

• Like 1

For people whining about the whole "and keep the total number of Relics as low as possible" thing, it's really quite simple to understand if you think for half a minute. 

All three parts are found within relics that are currently vaulting because they held one of the parts from either Trinity, Kamas, or Kavasa. Hydroid prime and his weapons are clearly going to have some rare parts, meaning they'll take up the one rare slot on their relic. If the three items whose ducat values are changing had remained rare, DE would have had to add not one relic to account for the parts, but at minimum 2. Changing the value of a few rares to uncommon means that those parts can be found inside one of the new relics along with the rare part of one of the new sets.

On 25/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

• Saryn Prime Blueprint
  • Fragor Prime Blueprint
  • Nikana Prime Blueprint

Thanks Tenno!

I'm ok with the fact that there are too many relics atm and we need to lower the number... i will not say anything about vauban and nikana (in the past not anymore) having all the parts rare... anyway.. if your goal was to "keep the total number of Relics as low as possible" why you made the fragor prime handle rare now? why not just leaving the blueprint rare?

I think you underestimate the problems of the relics... sometimes u forgot some parts... sometimes u change the rarity.. sometimes i get vaulted relics from missions like capute.. or like now u can get relics with volt parts from syndicates... and volt is vaulted in case you dont know...

if you really want to help players with relics you should set up some rules, for example "only one part rare for item" and follow that rule at every prime access release and also remove mods and low endo rewards from rotation tables... no one want the 432141134th vitality mod after 20 waves of a defence!

Edited by Matteoz991

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

• Saryn Prime Blueprint
  • Fragor Prime Blueprint
  • Nikana Prime Blueprint

Thanks Tenno!

19 hours ago, Matteoz991 said:

I'm ok with the fact that there are too many relics atm and we need to lower the number... i will not say anything about vauban and nikana (in the past not anymore) having all the parts rare... anyway.. if your goal was to "keep the total number of Relics as low as possible" why you made the fragor prime handle rare now? why not just leaving the blueprint rare?

I think you underestimate the problems of the relics... sometimes u forgot some parts... sometimes u change the rarity.. sometimes i get vaulted relics from missions like capute.. or like now u can get relics with volt parts from syndicates... and volt is vaulted in case you dont know...

if you really want to help players with relics you should set up some rules, for example "only one part rare for item" and follow that rule at every prime access release and also remove mods and low endo rewards from rotation tables... no one want the 432141134th vitality mod after 20 waves of a defence!

Actually... the fragor prime handle rare relic i found was the one that should be vaulted with volt systems Lith v1..