Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulbjorn's Infested Shenanigans - Ivara complete, Gauss postponed

Vulbjorn

1 hour ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Really curious what you had to change with the Grendel sword skin, due to DE's feedback. Looks like the texture is a little different but its hard to tell from memory.

Mainly the spine of the sword. It now has ichor-like bone texture there instead of hundreds of tiny, broken teeth. And it also has better, more meaty profile, instead of stick like profile of old version.

12 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

Mainly the spine of the sword. It now has ichor-like bone texture there instead of hundreds of tiny, broken teeth. And it also has better, more meaty profile, instead of stick like profile of old version.

To bad, I liked the teeth. That's the theme of the whole set. Although it still looks fantastic. Hope the set makes it though soon, still itching to get my hands on it.

Any plans to do some shoulder armor for the great devourer now that they've opened up those slots?

Thanks, finally my Ash came out of the limbo, two years in the work for one of the simplest frames. I'm not sure what DE will need to be changed on Moloch, I didn't receive feedback on him, meaning - it will be rather substantial. But it's good. I'll be able to transfer my new artstyle onto him, which I used on Ash and meat cleaver, will be more infested. And not sure about skana, I don't think I ever made a skin for it, unless I'm forgetting something?

That's a bit sad, so young and losing your mental faculties already... Well, I was looking in your Steam workshop for things I might still be able to buy and it does have a skana: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1264471675. Seems like 2 and a half year old since your last comment. It looks great, but I would hope they wouldn't mess up the facing like they did with the Inaros deluxe Kopesh if it were accepted. But I am getting the distinct feeling I can consider it discontinued if you can't remember it exists. Just focus on the things you want to do, I'd say. Passion is a great vehicle for quality. 

Oh that thing. Yes, yes, I remember the time I had whole two braincells, that was a good year. I forgot about this skana, but I always wanted it to be more of a machete skin. I'll probably rework into machete skin (because I like their sole useful stance more) soon. Or should it be shortsword? Khopesh feels like it would fit machete more. 

To think of it, feedback on that thing was relatively light, and I could've redone is pretty easily. 

On 2020-08-24 at 3:47 AM, Aramisaki said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that a bunch of your stuff made it through this round. But the Grendel skin not getting through is criminal.

I'll be working with DE to both make it better and make sure it passes next time. Will be better, more violent looking.

after seeing what someone did to make the mag Trypo skin, i'm excited to see what you do with mag.

I'm also curious; when you eventually come to do a Baruuk skin would it be possible to have the cloth physics enables sash hanging from his waist be transparrent texture as i don't know how well it woukd pick up infested textures, unless the texture could look like a matting of infested tendrils with see through parts between them, that would look stupidly cool nd tie in the cloth physics to the infested. (i didnt really like how it looked on harrow and equanox) i know models can't be changed which is why i was wondering about textures.

Thank you and looking forward to your future work.

19 hours ago, Benjamin_Smaridge said:

after seeing what someone did to make the mag Trypo skin, i'm excited to see what you do with mag.

I'm also curious; when you eventually come to do a Baruuk skin would it be possible to have the cloth physics enables sash hanging from his waist be transparrent texture as i don't know how well it woukd pick up infested textures, unless the texture could look like a matting of infested tendrils with see through parts between them, that would look stupidly cool nd tie in the cloth physics to the infested. (i didnt really like how it looked on harrow and equanox) i know models can't be changed which is why i was wondering about textures.

Thank you and looking forward to your future work.

If baruuk has thin cloth, I'll be able to do whatever, but if it's thick, probably won't make it transparent, Warframe doesn't support double sided polygons and inside will just be completely see through. Mass of tendrils, tho, is not hard to make 

il y a une heure, Vulbjorn a dit :

If baruuk has thin cloth, I'll be able to do whatever, but if it's thick, probably won't make it transparent, Warframe doesn't support double sided polygons and inside will just be completely see through. Mass of tendrils, tho, is not hard to make 

Baruuk has thick cloth sadly, so you won't be able to make some cool tendrils with oppacity 😧

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Baruuk has thick cloth sadly, so you won't be able to make some cool tendrils with oppacity 😧

Well, there goes a possibility for interwoven tendrils, and here comes the opportunity for literal hanging organ skirt. You win some you lose some. You lose cup half empty, you get cup half full. You lose some goats, but get some sheep. You kill someone and get a free permanent friend. You try to think of more jokes, but it only gets more awkward.

I dunno about making Baruuk any time soon though, I need to get Gauss going, and Wisp is there somewhere too.

il y a 54 minutes, Vulbjorn a dit :

Well, there goes a possibility for interwoven tendrils, and here comes the opportunity for literal hanging organ skirt. You win some you lose some. You lose cup half empty, you get cup half full. You lose some goats, but get some sheep. You kill someone and get a free permanent friend. You try to think of more jokes, but it only gets more awkward.

I dunno about making Baruuk any time soon though, I need to get Gauss going, and Wisp is there somewhere too.

Oh, don't know if this is what you mean but this could be super cool if treat the cloth as ripped skin hanging skin with inside visible, and put organs on the upper torso.
A bit like this :
unknown.png

25 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Oh, don't know if this is what you mean but this could be super cool if treat the cloth as ripped skin hanging skin with inside visible, and put organs on the upper torso.
A bit like this :
unknown.png

Have you worked on him? Is he symmetrical in that area? I looked at his skirt briefly and it looked mirrored in Z.

il y a 41 minutes, Vulbjorn a dit :

Have you worked on him? Is he symmetrical in that area? I looked at his skirt briefly and it looked mirrored in Z.

He is entirely symmetrical exept the the belt and the cloth attached to it. The long triangle cloth piece on front and back is symetrical and the same on both side.
This is a lot of restriction but there is definitely cool stuff to do with the belt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived