Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #98!

[DE]Rebecca

Dear people of DE

Just some questions:
• Are you considering the idea of adding companions like a roller (or a tenno version of a grineer roller), or an osprey now that POE will be adding more to the rooster?
• Are you going add more fan arts from the Codex Art Contest 3.0. I want to put in display my Excalibur with the swords from the honorific mentions.
• I remember that somewhere in the forums or a past devstream was mentioned that archwing could have a node for ARCHWING RACING!!!
• Is Cephalon Cordylon still answering Tenno questions?
• Is DE-Steve the one who does Warframe sunday morning streamings goning back to do DE-Steve's Warframe sunday morning streamings?
• Why doing finishers I fall out of the game? (I'm OK, I do return to the tile after a while)
• Is the man in the wall (the one who shows up in the orbiter) something for troll us?
• Will the arts from 8/bit, be available as profile pics?
• Do Plains of Eidolon generate white mana?
• What comes after? swamps of sedna? forests of loka? mountains of mars? islands of ura...um...over there?

Clems
  • Like 1

My questions:

1. Before moving on to newer ideas for warframe, can some older ideas be revisited/improved upon, such as dark sectors, trials, archwing, rivens, etc.
  2. What are your plans for warframe in the future? What will change and what will stay the same?

Can't wait to see what's up your sleeve!

Will Archwing get some look at and/or new content in the future? Specifically, the experimental mode has a very different physic from the legacy one (e.g. it drifts a lot when turning, making Corpus Trench Run a bit difficult to navigate on fast-paced mission).

Also is remastered earth tiles on Law of Retribution (and possibly some raid fixes) coming soon or soon after PoE? :laugh:

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

so we’ll only have time for a few specific questions about the upcoming release!

Welp.

Edit:
Actually, I have one.

Am I mistaken in assuming that Plains Day and Plains night work as separate, concommitant static levels, like a normal and Flood mission on a single node with a dynamic transition between them based on the 'time of day' - and not with a scaling/endless mechanic?

That question also serves to lay the groundwork for the following question:
We know that Damage 3.0 became a new paradigm / set of mechanics for minibosses, with no changes to armor scaling, level scaling, or Damage 2.0's modifiers double-dipping vs. armor both for the actual damage done, and the armor value calculated (both for better and worse) - which has a huge impact on the swing between 'super effective' and 'not so effective' matchups.
How will the Plains, and Eidolons themselves, fit into this?
It seems obvious they'll incorporate the locational damage reduction, and I'll grant you that scaling issues are less pressing in a static, DE Approved Content-level environment, but I'd still be interested in hearing a bit about this.

Feel free to condense or rephrase the questions if/as you feel needed. (If, for instance, you feel that the context-exposition isn't required.)

Edited by Chroia

What can we get at the companion shop in Cetus for our companions?

Will there be any new comapanion stuff in general?

Could Oberon have the passive to take 2 companions of the same species on misson, instead of the one he has yet? If not, why?

Will PoE content be combined or intertwined with the regular content we have yet in any form? If yes, how?

Who else can I contact with dev questions instead of Rebecca? Cause my last PM isn't even read yet, after over two months.

5 minutes ago, BoostedPenguin said:

I have a very important question about the future of rivens. How are you going to handle rivens for custom weapons when plains of eidolon. Since it will be exremely lucky to get a riven for your specific custom weapon, are we looking at a riven rework or just a new mechanic around it.

Already been mentioned that if rivens were to apply to the Ostron weapons as well, they would be tied to the weapons' first part, the head/blade/whatever

Heyy!! 

1. Are there different types of eidolons or jst one? If not, do you have plans for that in future?

2. How long will be the day night cycle?

3. Only one eidolon will roam the plains at night or more than one?

4. Can we still roam at night in the plains collecting resources and stuff or the sole purpose will be to fight the eidolon? Also from how far the agro for eidolons are?

5. How dense will the plains be in terms of enemies like there will be one or two petrols here and there or we will often engage in combat while in there??

6  Will the density change at night and of what level will the grineer troops be at night?

7. What is the estimate download size of u22?

Edited by _QuXotic_RagE_

So there's been something on my mind a lot lately, and it's something that I'd really like an in depth explanation from the developers themselves. I don't think I necessarily want an off-the-cuff response in the devstream, but more... can I put the bug in someone's ear?

Beam weapons. They've been changed for quite some time now. Can we get an indepth explanation from DE how the damage and status per second works?

I was testing in the simulacrum with my 235% status per second Glaxion, and comparing that to my 99% status Akstiletto Prime. It seemed like I was only getting 2 status effects per second with my Glaxion, and countless status per second with my Akstiletto. I was under the assumption that beam weapons were supposed to be this low-damage high-status type thing. But they aren't. I've wondered if I'm missing something, or there's some information about how the beam mechanics work that's just going over my head. I read breakdowns from players about it, but there's seems to be conflicting information and reports. I want an explanation from the source.

In my best Seinfeld. "What's the DEAL with beam weapons?!"

PS. Can't wait to see all the cool new stuff. PoE is so exciting!

Couple of questions:

Non-PoE related:

1. Will we see Dark Sectors coming back soon?
  2. Will we ever get the space ship combat shown by Steve?
  3. Will we ever see the relay reconstruction system? (maybe after PoE, to get feedback on its relay system)
  4. Acolytes when? Missed the main and secondary events, and i would really like to fight some, it looks cool.
  5. LOTUS VOICE PACKS WHEN?!? (DE plz)
  6. Will old and bad (yes, really) weapons recieve a buff? I am pointing beam weapon with the clunky status/sec and raw damage weapons like Tiberon.

PoE related:

1. Will we see diverse mission like spy, in the grineer camps? Will we see that with increased difficulty and reward during night?
  2. Will we be able to ride the grineer ships shown in trailer?
  3. Will there be multiple spawn points on PoE, and will we have teleporters?
  4. Will we be able to mix gems to have multiple buffs (maybe decreased) on the same ornament?
  5. Will we have a way to have like "mining skill level" or something like that? Same for fishing?

That is all. A lost of "Will" questions, but i am still hyped!

(really hope you guys don't make the same huge mistake as for TWW, but i have faith!)

Cordially,

mael9740.

• Like 1

Convergence orbs! all they seem to do is systematically reinforce the tactics of meta dps affinity farming as they incentivize you to squeeze as much death as possible into a 45 second window using every trick you can think of, firmly moving focus out of the position of "endgame mechanic you can gain points in passively" to "endgame mechanic you have to directly focus yourself on if you want to make any progress" As well, they came at the same time as team shared affinity affecting focus gains while still adding many ways that convergence mechanics can get in the way of teamwork.

Any chance convergence orbs will be getting the sledgehammer smash alongside the focus schools?

Edited by Jakorak

First off, wanna say I'm really excited for PoE to drop and this upcoming devstream, open-world opens up alot of possibilities for Warframe and Its all very exciting. Now I do have a question for Steve in particular about the morality system.

--

Question:

Do you think the dialogue for our Tenno can reflect the choices we made in-game?  For example right now, the Dialogue reflects a truly neutral Tenno, A Day Tenno can have more of a noble tone that reflects one of a protector , While Moon Tenno will be more "blood-knight".

--

I think with Operators becoming full-fledge warriors themselves , we can finally have them more immersive when they fight the Eidolons (ex: Like how they may say Archwing looks fun) and would make them more customizable like our warframes. 

Edited by Juebev
  • Like 1

So, there was talk about how Eidolons will require Operator to battle and defeat them. And also, you guys said that when night comes out, new players will not be extracted from Plains, but it will be difficult to them to play on night Plains.

First Q is: Will these Eidolons drop something really cool and different from what we have seen in the game, and will it be worth to fight these creatures in order to obtain these thingies?

Second Q: If Eidolons will have some kind of drop table, will it matter what MR am I or other people, so that I will receive the cool stuff?

I mean, I wanna play with my friends, but it will be difficult for them to walk all alone in these plains at night. And so, they will probably ask me to help them, blah-blah-blah. I want my friends to feel that they actually playing this update, I don't wanna sweep all the goodies for myself.

TL;DR: Will Eidolons have some kind of drop table?     |      Please, make Eidolons drop table available to everyone, regardless of MR.

Looking forward to the stream ^^

Question:

We all know you are busybusy making awesome new content. :) But what about more old content, like when will you add more pigments for us to farm for our dojo. this should be easy to add, its just more colours. :) Interior design fashion frame is happy frame! And I feel our Dojos could need some more love soon, It's dosen't have to be groundbreaking, just more stuff to do and get for our Dojos. :)

Suggestion:

How about making it possible to open up clan dojos for members of other clans in our alliances. Like a portal or docking bay, or something similar so that it could be possible to visit other dojos without an elaborate inviting prosess. :) That way we at least could show of our dojos to our new frends at the same time :) More exciting scoreboards in dojos etc.

Keep up the good work and stay temnofabulus! ^^

Edited by gressklipper

Excited for the DevStream! My question today is, with the recently discussed new Arcanes and hinted at changes to the Arcane System in Plains of Eidolon, will we finally see a way to get Arcane Helmet effects like Trinity's Arcane Aura Helmet and Rhino's Arcane Vanguard Helmet without keeping those helmets equipped? Thanks for your time, and good luck with the final development pushes!