Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not really looking forward to playing as the operator

Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Nonono, you misunderstand me. Its gonna kill diversity by killing every build whats dependant on high energy replenishment.

I know a lot of people who use builds with high energy replenishment needs, that don't use energy overflow, and have gotten by just fine for years even before Focus was around. 

I'm sure they will continue to do just fine. But keep telling yourself and everyone else the sky is falling. 

While I welcomed the introduction of the Operators, I don't like the cliched shonen manga scenario of "boy becomes a hero" DE is trying to shove up my rectum. I don't mind the concept, just find my interest in it depleted.

I was just fine with my Operator being a cute gril that controls her Warframes from orbit and occasionally says things (too bad all lines are painstakingly obnoxious, had to turn that part off).

Then they added imperative use of the Operators in Kuva missions. I don't find the idea fascinating. It breaks the flow of the game, it breaks the theme, but whatever, it's just for a few seconds.

Then they turn squishy Operators in "warriors".

Do they plan on giving Operators more and more attention in main gameplay, instead of being a narrative focus?

Should we expect Warframe 2.0: the no-frame in the near future, where kids become the main gameplay and warframes become an outdated gimmick?

Not sure if want.

4 minutes ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Do they plan on giving Operators more and more attention in main gameplay, instead of being a narrative focus?

Should we expect Warframe 2.0: the no-frame in the near future, where kids become the main gameplay and warframes become an outdated gimmick?

Exactly.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the PoE landing in the same manner as a sociopathic passerby curiously watching two buses full of people seconds before colliding at full speed.

As in, go on, DE. Go full shonen, add some sempai-melodrama galore, add some panzu flashes, throw in more idiotic hairstyles, make the entities spell entire speeches before attacking or doing anything. 

Come on, DE, I know you wanna :3

Edited by Teloch

24 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Exactly.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the PoE landing in the same manner as a sociopathic passerby curiously watching two buses full of people seconds before colliding at full speed.

As in, go on, DE. Go full shonen, add some sempai-melodrama galore, add some panzu flashes, throw in more idiotic hairstyles, make the entities spell entire speeches before attacking or doing anything. 

Come on, DE, I know you wanna :3

the last one is a norm by now. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I know a lot of people who use builds with high energy replenishment needs, that don't use energy overflow, and have gotten by just fine for years even before Focus was around. 

I'm sure they will continue to do just fine. But keep telling yourself and everyone else the sky is falling. 

Well im open for suggestions, bring me a high range max possible p.strenght atlas build what can reliably punch things into unidentifiable meatchunks where i dont have to depend on rng energy orb drop and energy syphon.

On 9/16/2017 at 12:51 PM, Koldraxon-732 said:

@LazerSkink, The only reason I raised 'this BS rumor' about (The Sacrifice and) the option of pulling a Stalker/Rell and putting our Operator's mind into a Warframe (killing the Operator in the process, but keeping their power) was because there are actually people out there that want to be rid of them

I suppose that's true, but I believe that this rumor was mostly spread because of some who loathe the Operator and want to see nothing but their removal from the game's canon entirely. I'm not trying to generalize, it's just every time I read a post from someone who despises the Operator's existence solely because their headcanon was ruined, they'll take any opportunity to rid "their game" of it by raising speculation about a future quest involving a choice to "kill the Operator and become the warframe", "permanently merge with the warframe", "become one with the Umbra frame and disband from the Lotus following only your own guidance" blah blah.

It's only lead to misinformation and confusion for the past two years.

2 hours ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

I think it'll be more a matter of Warframe having more equipment options.  We have our primary, secondary, and melee weapon, and soon we'll have our warframe, operator, and archwing to swap between.

I do have to agree that the idea of requiring us to whip out the operator to make something vulnerable seems rather contrived though.  The operator should have their own customizations and benefits without needing some kind of gimmick to get us to use them.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, FashionFrame said:

You misinterpreted what I meant, the Eidolon fight is a MUST for the operator, you can't get around it, everything else you don't have to use the operator if you don't want to. Just like fighting the kuva, just like the Queen fight, just like Harrow, only this time their combat is going to be different. That's pretty narrow thinking to throw away an idea without even trying it. Whining for the sake of whining is what I read in that last statement. 

I didn't misinterpret anything,

the fact is the operators probably aren't going to some how become some majorly dynamic fighting machine and will likely still be mostly what they currently are, with minor buffs attributed to their existing skills through the focus system and the amp. thinking its going to be bad because it will be, while mentioning the neglect to more important aspects of the game, is far from whining. 

if anything ill whine about the  pain blood in my eyes from your color schemes. 

Edited by PookieNumnums

9 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I think it'll be more a matter of Warframe having more equipment options.  We have our primary, secondary, and melee weapon, and soon we'll have our warframe, operator, and archwing to swap between.

I do have to agree that the idea of requiring us to whip out the operator to make something vulnerable seems rather contrived though.  The operator should have their own customizations and benefits without needing some kind of gimmick to get us to use them.

Exactly, i would love operators to be viable in their own so people can choose if they want or not to use them

11 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I didn't misinterpret anything,

the fact is the operators probably aren't going to some how become some majorly dynamic fighting machine and will likely still be mostly what they currently are, with minor buffs attributed to their existing skills through the focus system and the amp. thinking its going to be bad because it will be, while mentioning the neglect to more important aspects of the game, is far from whining. 

if anything ill whine about the  pain blood in my eyes from your color schemes. 

We still don't have enough to go on other than some screen shots of their looks and your lack of faith in Digital Extremes. And yes, that is the purpose of my fashion, to burn out the retinas of everyone! All shall suffer!

On 9/16/2017 at 10:15 AM, JSharpie said:

I play this game because I wanted to kill things, operators will now be better at killing things apparently.

I fail to see any problem with operators.

I see you posting a ton of DE-defensive stuff on the forums, as do I, usually. So when I have an issue with DE it's usually a good one.

I just feel like they're sinking a ton of resources into a system that most players sort of ignore, when they could be working on other things we've needed for years. Now I could totally be wrong and the operator could be the next big thing but from what I've seen....Meh. I'd rather have like 4 or 5 new frames instead of one system I'll only use when they shovelfeed it into the gameplay.

14 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I see you posting a ton of DE-defensive stuff on the forums, as do I, usually. So when I have an issue with DE it's usually a good one.

I just feel like they're sinking a ton of resources into a system that most players sort of ignore, when they could be working on other things we've needed for years. Now I could totally be wrong and the operator could be the next big thing but from what I've seen....Meh. I'd rather have like 4 or 5 new frames instead of one system I'll only use when they shovelfeed it into the gameplay.

Lol what?

21 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That's not what bait and switch means. 

Also this has been progressively happening for a long time. And they have been talking about it happening for a long time. 

Why are people acting suddenly so surprised about the operator taking on a bigger role? Are we playing the same game? 

that is bait and switch.

Just because they have explanations it doesnt mean that you are not goofing around with a kid when the game is about playing with bioarmors.

I mean, look at the lore. Up until recently they were nothing but batteries, and now they are all of a sudden warriors that are actually going up against orokin machines themselves?

Even though there's a progressions DE's progression is just jumping from one thing to the next. It's not an actual build up.

I've said this before and i'll continue to say it. DE needs to separate lore from game mechanics to actually build a breathing world. Tenno would probably be better accepted if they were just the thing that was added so you can farm this other thing and that's it.

On 9/16/2017 at 6:37 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I've built a connection to my Warframes. Switching the focus to operator warrior mode feels like a bait and switch. I'm not sure how I feel about losing my focus abilities for my warframe. I was kind of hoping that the operators would've stayed as an npc.

This is just me prejudging it though. Hopefully PoE will make those operators more endearing.

I'm glad you're optimistic, but I'm afraid that operators will only become even more annoying after PoE comes out. 

It's been proven that most players don't like operators, except the ones who are total DE fanboys who love everything they do blindly and don't even give the kind of helpful feedback DE desires. 

I like how people have been pointing out this game is called WARFRAME, not OPERATOR, or "angsty teenager who mind controls ancient space ninjas" for that matter. 

16 hours ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

While I welcomed the introduction of the Operators, I don't like the cliched shonen manga scenario of "boy becomes a hero" DE is trying to shove up my rectum. I don't mind the concept, just find my interest in it depleted.

I was just fine with my Operator being a cute gril that controls her Warframes from orbit and occasionally says things (too bad all lines are painstakingly obnoxious, had to turn that part off).

Then they added imperative use of the Operators in Kuva missions. I don't find the idea fascinating. It breaks the flow of the game, it breaks the theme, but whatever, it's just for a few seconds.

Then they turn squishy Operators in "warriors".

Not sure if want.

As long as they keep operators as options with this new update is not bad; some people like me want to play as warframe AND as operator; tho i dont like the kuva guardian gimmick i would love to see them being useful in their own without any mechanic forcing their use.

38 minutes ago, UmbraCorporation said:

I'm glad you're optimistic, but I'm afraid that operators will only become even more annoying after PoE comes out. 

It's been proven that most players don't like operators, except the ones who are total DE fanboys who love everything they do blindly and don't even give the kind of helpful feedback DE desires. 

I like how people have been pointing out this game is called WARFRAME, not OPERATOR, or "angsty teenager who mind controls ancient space ninjas" for that matter. 

"It's been proven that most players don't like operators, except the ones who are total DE fanboys who love everything they do blindly and don't even give the kind of helpful feedback DE desires. "

Ad ignorantiam fallacy; nothing has been proven, man, dont you think that calling everyone who likes the operator idea a blind fanboy (actually an ad hominem fallacy) is not a good idea? Its just ignorant and stupid to do that.

I would love to see operators be viable alongside warframes so people have more options to use them or their warframes at their desire. I dont know why you are against options; i know that gimmicky mechanics as kuva guardians ones are just bad, but that doesnt mean they cant remove them and make operators viable in their own for players to choose; i dont see why you just want everyone to play as a warframe just because the game is called warframe; let players choose.

On 16/09/2017 at 3:00 PM, Sloan441 said:

Not really.

For veteran players, the reason you signed up with the game to begin with is to play warframes and do what they do. Now we have something different and it is somewhat outside the box, kuva missions (which I personally detest) being a case in point.

What DE actually has in mind is still a bit up in the air. We'll see what comes of it, but I can certainly understand concerns.

This, I'm not a huge fan of the Operators at all, the only reason why I "Fashion Framed" mine, is so she looks at least pretty to look at, for her age that is. *clears throat*. I guess in an RP stand-point, shes also the "Daughter" of my "Real Operator" but due to Warframe won't allow full grown adults in their game cuz (omg booty sliders and gender sliders, wahh-wahh!). I make up the idea that each Warframe is their own person inside, just either a Cyborg or a person under the helmet.

But yes, still very annoyed with them not understanding the definition of "Maturing" (of a person become fully grown or developed. ageing up into adulthood), It does not mean "give them a cool space suit, cuz cool"

On 16/09/2017 at 3:01 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

"Killing the operator" seems like a stretch.  

I don't really hate the operators themselves, I just don't want them forced into combat or content focused on them. 

Again,  I haven't played poe so this is just my concerns.  Maybe I'll love it,  I'm not ruling that out. 

I highly doubt they will let us kill the brat in the chair, cuz one, that's jsut..wrong, child killing? theres a reason why you can't-do it in fallout, so you can;t do it here. 

But I have the same feelings until DE give us the true definition of Maturing, I'm not going to be touching this new system, besides just to "have" cuz I'm forced to. They are still gonna be behind my ship, as an NPC to talk to, if I get lonely and to rank up my special powers. In fact, I might not even use them at all.  

Until they are children no longer (Sliders, less emo hair, facial hair, adult body). I mean if Umbra comes out and is all like "We control warframes, but warframes are their own being and we make what they look like under the frame" then yep, gonna try my best to avoid the Operators altogether.

I don't know about killing them, but removing them "Cosmetically" (AKA: Put a Warframe skin on them, make them Invs or put armour that removes their voice and face, so they are faceless ghosts)

On 16/09/2017 at 3:15 PM, JSharpie said:

I fail to see any problem with operators.

I'm not defending anything

You keep telling yourself that. Granted its odd how people leave feedback to something that's not already out, but that's what FEEDBACK is for.

Look at other games, if it's not good, they tell the Devs, it's not, they go back to the drawing board until it's as good as it can get, You can't please everyone, yes, but no reason not to take feedback to an upcoming title or update.

However, I can understand takeing risks, is a good thing, as they did say it themselves. Play big or go home.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 16/09/2017 at 5:03 PM, phoenix1992 said:

The game is called Warframe.
Each time i hear the word "Tenno" I visualize a Warframe.

While I have no idea why the Operator is pushed so much, and can not speak for anyone else beside me - the mode is breaking my immersion at best, and borderline annoying at worse. 

This, however, a title is just a thing

What does confuse me is: If the other children are inspired and look up to the Waframes? then how do you image their disappoint when it's just another brat like themselves controlling such a "Super Hero" lol.

That be like superman revealing him to be a child in an adult body. 

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This, however, a title is just a thing

What does confuse me is: If the other children are inspired and look up to the Waframes? then how do you image their disappoint when it's just another brat like themselves controlling such a "Super Hero" lol.

That be like superman revealing him to be a child in an adult body. 

"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." 

As mentioned I speak only for myself. I don't know how you read trough the comment, but it comes down to both how Warframes execute as power fantasy and gameplay implementation.  I am really not in the mood to derail this topic into that, so let's leave it as it is, eh?

Edited by phoenix1992

On 16/09/2017 at 5:37 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

How would y'all feel about a quest mission which involves the Operator clambering around inside the ducts and machinery of the Orbiter, talking to Ordis via headset, holding soldering irons and Allen keys in their teef, fixing the various broken crap and unlocking the elevator to the lower decks? Having to vaporize rogue elements of Helminth which are loose in the pipes, and dodge environmental hazards from broken machinery?

That should be insisting, as long as they are you know, fully grown adults. 

On 16/09/2017 at 6:31 PM, Sziklamester said:

I never liked the operators because that ruined my head canon what the operators and warframes. I am still look on these kids as cannon fodders

Same here, tho the only "Head" cannon I had was each warframe was its own being and person. Just a bit...Infested and cybernetic, then..normal?

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:
  •  

Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." 

As mentioned I speak only for myself. I don't know how you read trough the comment, but it comes down to both how Warframes execute as power fantasy and gameplay implementation.  I am really not in the mood to derail this topic into that, so let's leave it as it is, eh?

Same here, I can;t afford to derail it anyways lol!

But yeah, I agree, let's leave it at that