The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let this be the volt deluxe skin.

lightdragon64

If we take the Proto-Excalibur skin as actualy being a Warframe's system stuffed into a Zero Tech combat suit and Nemesis Nyx as first attempt at giving a Warframe a technocyte based shell (but too stiff, metalic and unformed), than that Volt concept could fit as first attempt at creating a flexible chassis for and having the signature tech bits in.

Maybe they are trying to tell a story there?

3 minutes ago, Othergrunty said:

If we take the Proto-Excalibur skin as actualy being a Warframe's system stuffed into a Zero Tech combat suit and Nemesis Nyx as first attempt at giving a Warframe a technocyte based shell (but too stiff, metalic and unformed), than that Volt concept could fit as first attempt at creating a flexible chassis for and having the signature tech bits in.

Maybe they are trying to tell a story there?

If the information about the Dark Sector game was not so wide spread, maybe. But as it is right now, it is a fool's errand to hide Hayden Tenno and Nemesis.
Speaking of that, the skin does remind me of "The infestation" enemies from there.

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

If the information about the Dark Sector game was not so wide spread, maybe. But as it is right now, it is a fool's errand to hide Hayden Tenno and Nemesis.
Speaking of that, the skin does remind me of "The infestation" enemies from there.

Yeah, but with the more "flexible fabric" skin and the tech bits that the Warframes have.

Some of the Infested from Dark Sector, judging by art and screenshots looked a lot closer to Warframes, than they do to the squishy looking Infested we have now. Makes me wonder what the original plot for Dark Sector would have involved or be based around?

Anyway, i didn't meant they were trying to hide the Dark Sector connection, but perhaps trying to turn these references into actualy parts of the new setting. Like how a legendary sword from Setting A could appear in Setting B, with a similar backstory, but unconnected to the Setting A.

41 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

It really isn't that bad, use some imagination and add some textures (as that concept does not have any yet) and a different color scheme and it looks fine. It is more of a metal soldier than infested, just think guys. 

I don't like the shape. Textures cannot change that. And I already tried photoshopping my own colors. 

Edited by Kinetos

Still waiting on a Deluxe skin concept where Volt's legs are constantly sparking with electricity. Maybe legs that are just pure electricity defined by your chosen energy color and accent color preference. I just need something that defines Volt as the electrical speed demon as per his Power 2, Speed.

Kinda cheesy, but I figure if it was close to YuGiOh GX's Sparkman* with PBR, shading, and the concept I mentioned above, that would be a great idea for his deluxe skin.

*Reference:

275?cb=20120430185116

3 hours ago, DrBorris said:

It really isn't that bad, use some imagination and add some textures (as that concept does not have any yet) and a different color scheme and it looks fine. It is more of a metal soldier than infested, just think guys. 

While taste is subjective, this concept art is just not fit for Volt.
On the scale of Chroma Deluxe to Nova Deluxe, if it comes with its current visual aesthetics, regardless of coloring or material, I will just do the thing that is usually implied each time when there is an issue with a purchasable item.
Vote with my wallet, and ignore that this is even in the game.

To be honest, that design could work as an entirely new warframe. To me, it definitely doesn't work for Volt's deluxe skin concept.
I'm being fair and considering it as a new warframe so we don't have to completely scrap the idea, because it's not BAD, it just doesn't fit Volt.

Edited by Trowicia

10 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

While taste is subjective, this concept art is just not fit for Volt.
On the scale of Chroma Deluxe to Nova Deluxe, if it comes with its current visual aesthetics, regardless of coloring or material, I will just do the thing that is usually implied each time when there is an issue with a purchasable item.
Vote with my wallet, and ignore that this is even in the game.

It looks to me like Warframe's version of the Iron Man suit. I could be completely off with this guess, as none of us know how it will be textured, but that theme does feel like it fits Volt. 

Definitely don't like this for volt, it's way too simple and it strays way too far from the frame's aesthetic traits.

Sure some might argue that deluxe skins are meant to be a new take on existing warframes, hence the remodeling but something deluxe skins have also been able to mantain is small semblances, even if slight ones, to the frames they are based off while this concept looks absolutely nothing like volt and is very weird looking to fit his theme.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate this idea, but I don't see it working for volt. I truthly hope there are other concepts in the works and a more fitting one gets picked over this.

Edited by RahuHordika

• 3 weeks later...

Suprisingly i like this skin, it is more of an old organic-"alien"-nature theme, when modern frames becomes more and more ethnic/cultural themed. Im not tellin that cultural\ethnic thems are bad, im talkin that this skin is definetly a fresh air in this asian flood.

P.S. yes i find Chroma skin is disgustin and overloaded with design - but it was expected that asians will bite and claw for smth like this. Mabe DE will SOON make some extra deluxe skins for frames that alrdy have deluxe skin. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:32 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Still waiting on a Deluxe skin concept where Volt's legs are constantly sparking with electricity. Maybe legs that are just pure electricity defined by your chosen energy color and accent color preference. I just need something that defines Volt as the electrical speed demon as per his Power 2, Speed.

Kinda cheesy, but I figure if it was close to YuGiOh GX's Sparkman* with PBR, shading, and the concept I mentioned above, that would be a great idea for his deluxe skin.

*Reference:

Hide contents

275?cb=20120430185116

this is the only concept for Deluxe Volt I like. All the other concepts have him looking like he's missing armor, but personally I think they should go the opposite direction and give him a deluxe skin that is full of polish and slightly resembles a mecha theme.

But I don't really play Volt.

On 9/16/2017 at 11:10 AM, lightdragon64 said:
Hide contents

V2vJowK.png

I just figured out the reason I don't like this one as much. It's something that I never truly understood until now...

I feel like I am Volt. Just the way he looks as his normal self...

Spoiler

promo316291558

He is alot like me. Very skinny... (Lol, I didn't notice that about him until now.) Has extremely low armor. I am not a super tough person overall. But he just looks weak on the outside to me. That's what he seems to have most in common with me. I'm honestly surprised that he can actually sever Grineer and Corpus with melee weapons. But it's what's on the inside that counts most for him. His abilities are his backbone, like me. But the first picture I have up there looks to beefy to be Volt. (Or me)

Also, I just noticed that this was my 100th post! I feel like it was a worthy contender for that title.

Edited by KelsierSurvivor