The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, that Volt Deluxe concept art...

KaizergidorahXi

So I'm sure it's not the final design, but...004-FinalPass.jpg

Like so far I've loved all the deluxe skins, I own most of them. But why does he look like he's Grineer? Volt has always sort of embodied speed and sleek design, and to be perfectly blunt, this looks more like it's a Tank-styled warframe. It's asymmetrical to the extreme, which I don't mind usually, but this doesn't fit Volt's theme at all in my opinion. I was hoping for something sleeker, with electric effects and such. This looks like an Infested Grineer. Like I was hoping for something more like that fan-made Volt Rajin concept from January: 1b6WcLk.jpg 

That's my view on it, what are your thoughts? I really hope they make a new design for him, cause I'll certainly be passing on this.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi
  • Like 1

It reminds me more of Ash than Volt to be honest.

This is only a concept, it's all subject to change afterall - but I would like a change, even if I don't play Volt, I just don't think it fits him as a whole.

Infact it's giving me Nova deluxe vibes, I was so hyped to hear a Nova deluxe skin was in the works but it also had a similar effect that this concept has, it doesn't feel right for that warframe.

Edited by Latiac

Volt Deluxe (the first pic) concepept art looks terrible in my opinion. It's even more dull-looking than Nova with tennis balls all around her body. Most of the Deluxe skins have some kind of... relation to their abilities (maybe except Proto Excal, he's just a tribute to DS, maybe Nemesis Nyx too, but she still has here distinguishable horn on her head): Saryn is basically flower, Trinity has some kind of halo, Loki somehow reminds me of a thief, Rhino is a heavy knight, Mag is gonna have her parts connected via magnetic force. Meanwhile Volt's skin doesn't seem to have ANY relation to it's theme. It looks more like early version of Nidus connected with some Grineer parts. I'd see him in something more streamlined, some tiny poles with some electric arcs between them.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Go find the second's concept art at the same point as the first. No effects, basic coloring, if any, no textures.

It's rather disingenuous to compare a complete concept to one that is a WIP.

Will textures and effects make it more symmetric? Because that's a pretty substantial design difference that can be a deal breaker. 

3 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Will textures and effects make it more symmetric? Because that's a pretty substantial design difference that can be a deal breaker. 

I find it baffling that this much salt is being thrown at an unfinished piece of concept art, one of several being considered for Volt's deluxe skin.

Symmetry is irrelevant at this point because the art is unfinished. It might be a cool concept, it might be an asymmetrical blob of nothing that is rejected.

The Volt Deluxe concept shows elements from different warframes and cosmetics. It shares elements from previous deluxe skins and particularly knave's cosmetic armor. The left legging seems to be a version of Excalibur's default legs in a way, and the face looks like someone has started a an early graft from Excalibur or Rhino onto the model's ceramic looking very organic looking head. The body has fuses and circuit lines going across while pulling an overall design not unlike that of some works in the style of the artist Brom. It doesn't look all that similar to the current incarnation of Volt but perhaps when fleshed out, could prove unique if nothing else.

I like how the volt deluxe is going as it's a different take on him. I like seeing frames in different ways tbh. I like what's goin on with the deluxe and the notes about vfx when powers are cast are neat to think about.

The 2nd is good too but looks like generally it could just be a skin while deluxe are generally model alterations.