Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement is Currently Annoying

Ranzinzo

Currently in order to move long distances in Warframe the most optimal way is to bullet jump like crazy. This is clumsy, since it's easy to get stuck between objects and to climb edges you didn't even know were there. Bullet jumping not only goes faster but can make warframes cross ridiculously large gaps and climb anywhere. Honestly, it feels wrong that sprinting is less effective than sliding and jumping, and it also feels wrong how bullet jumps makes movement abilities obsolete. There is no point in a warframe that can fly, bounce, propel, etc, since bullet jump can do all that. This always bugged me and I have been dealing with it. But now with PoE on its way, it scares me that if I want to travel without archwing I'll have to bounce around like a boosted frog in order to be as fast as possible. I don't want that. I want travel by foot around the plains to feel nice and easy.

I put up a small list of changes that I think will help making traveling around better. Here we go:

• Nerf bullet jumps. This one is probably the one that is gonna trigger most people, but I firmly believe that bullet jump is way too much right now. Even some map aspects like stairs and elevators were made obsolete by it, so nerfing bullet jump would make platforming more fun and challenging. The nerf would be:

1. Decrease jump distance and make it scale more with the warframe's momentum. I think it's wrong that a warframe standing still can jump such long distances, but I don't mind when a Loki gets a Volt's speed buff and does it. It's totally ok to jump great distances if resources were spent. This would also slow down the combo slide/bullet jump/repeat since the warframe loses speed after the first jump.

2. Remove air bullet jump and air roll. First of all, doing those on the air feels weird. Second, they allow much of the movement exploit, specially the air roll. The warframe gets a huge momentum out of nowhere and suddenly is traveling at high speeds. Those should be ground actions only.

3. Sliding doesn't cancel landing stun. Valkyrs aside, all warframes have to wait for a small animation after they land from high falls. Unless of course they slide, magically making all impact disappear. Falling from a mountain and just sliding is dumb and the warframe doesn't do anything to help itself land. Instead of sliding, players should be required to make a roll at the last moments of the fall. So landing stun canceling would still be there, but triggered differently. Since it’s not possible to immediately follow a roll with a bullet jump, this change would slow down movement combo.

Enough with the nerfs, now it's time to talk about the good stuff.

• Buff sprinting. Sometimes there is barely any difference between running and sprinting. That's why people prefer bullet jumping, because sprinting sucks. Unless you spend a mod slot to buff it, but most think it's not really worth it, and most would be right. Players shouldn’t need a mod to do such a basic thing as traveling around. When a warframe sprints, it should not only instantly increase it’s speed, but also accelerate over time as long as it doesn’t make any tight turns, so traveling in the same general direction will have it going faster and faster.

Traveling around shouldn’t require the players to press the same buttons over and over, but be fluid and easy. When I go to the Plains of Eidolon, I want to have the best experience as possible, and that doesn’t involve boosted frog cosplaying.

Sorry for grammar mistakes. English is not my native language. Feel free to agree or disagree with me on the comments, and tell me if you have other ideas.

========================================================================================================================================

EDIT 1

========================================================================================================================================

After reading the community’s feedback, I revisited my ideas and tried to see what could get better. Some of the most constructive comments pointed out the importance of air rolls to change direction mid air, and how a print buff by itself doesn’t compensate for the proposed nerfs. To better balance this, I made changes to various parts of the parkour system, applying small buffs here and there to keep the gameplay fast and diverse movement wise.

It should be noted that yes, the map design is part of the reason mobility isn’t perfect. There are lots of minor issues that combined form a big pile of annoyance, especially when we talk about wall movement. There a lot of places that we should be able to wall dash/latch, but can’t. That is part of the reason bullet jumping is to used, because it eliminates the wall problem by not touching it at all. Warframe definitely needs a revisit to various tilesets, to make small adjustments and improve movement overall.

That said I still believe that some mobility maneuvers are overshadowed by others that are just better and simpler to use. The nerfs I suggested intend to stop with some combos that were dominating the movement meta. The nerfs are still there, but there are a lot of other changes to compensate for them. The new momentum system allows for sprint/wall dash acceleration, longer jumps and a more intuitive movement style, that rewards players that can fluidly keep up their movement. In other words, momentum is easy to get but not that easy to maintain.

I wrote down a lot of numbers, because I realized that since I was not specific in the original post, people thought the bullet jump nerf was worse than it actually is. Since it’s impossible for me to actually test the new mechanics, I can’t know for sure if they are too low or too high. So take all the numbers with a grain of salt and don’t expect exact results.

I wrote down a short summary in case the detailed version was too big:

• Summary

Spoiler

Buffs and Nerfs

Sprint base speed increased by 20%

Sprint max speed increased by 140%

Sprint generates momentum

It’s harder to lose contact with the ground unwillingly

Roll is a ground maneuver only

Landing with a roll generates momentum

Hard fall prevention generates momentum

Sidespring is a ground maneuver only

Landing with a sidespring generates momentum

Backspring is a ground maneuver only

Landing with a backspring generates momentum

Slide can knock down and damage enemies

Sliding down ramps generates momentum

Bullet jump base speed decreased by 40%

Bullet jump max speed increased by 20%

Bullet jump can’t be done mid air

Wall dash base speed increased by 20%

Wall dash max speed increased by 140%

Wall dash generates momentum

Wall Latch base duration increased by 2 seconds

Wall Latch max duration increased by 6 seconds

Aim glide base duration increased by 1 seconds

Aim glide max duration increased by 3 seconds

Well timed edge grab jumping generates momentum

Divekick starts with a dash

Divekick deals more damage

Divekick at the ground for a shockwave

Divekick can be aimed at any direction

Divekick can’t prevent hard falls

Enemy Vaulting can be chained from divekicks

Enemy Vaulting generates momentum

Faster, more fluid Zipline animations

Warframes can cast one handed skill on ziplines

Sliding down ziplines generates massive momentum

New maneuver: Impulse Charge

Warframes can charge for instant momentum

New maneuver: Vault

Warframes can vault over small obstacles and generate momentum

New maneuver: Latch-turn

Warframes can turn around on walls and generate momentum

New (not actually) maneuver: Wall Slide

After wall latching, warframes slowly slide down instead of a regular fall

• Detailed Explanation:

Momentum

Momentum is a hidden variable available to all warframes. Many of the movement maneuvers scale with momentum and affect it in some way. For the sake of context, let’s say regular momentum goes from 0 to 100.

Some maneuvers consume momentum to use, but they can be used even if the warframe has zero of it (slide, aim glide, wall latch). The minimal momentum allowed is -100. When that number is reached, the warframe won’t be able to perform momentum consuming maneuvers.

Ground Maneuvers

Unless said specifically, these maneuvers can only be used on the ground.

• Walk/Run - The regular movement just by pressing WASD. Any warframe that is walking, running, knocked down, or is not moving while on the ground for any reason has its momentum set to 0.

• Sprint - Sprinting increases speed for a flat bonus that scales with momentum. Sprinting warframes have higher gravity so they don’t lose contact with the ground so often and consequently lose directional control. That gravity is there only to assist sprinting and is gone as soons as the warframe do anything else.

• A warframe with 0 momentum has 120% our current sprint speed.

• A warframe with 100 momentum has 240% our current sprint speed.

• Sprinting gives warframes 20 momentum per second.

• Roll - An evasive maneuver used to avoid damage and quickly move from cover to cover. During a roll, the warframe takes reduced damage and can remove some effects and clinged enemies. Pressing the roll button while in the air and landing in the next 0.5 seconds will perform a landing roll, preventing possible hard falls. This has a 1 second cooldown in case the player misses the timing.

• Landing rolls give 20 momentum to the warframe.

• Preventing hard falls gives an additional 20 momentum.

• Warframes take 75% less damage during rolls.

• Sidespring and Backspring - Very similar to rolling, but are directed sideways and backwards respectively. These get the same treatment as rolling.

• Slide - Sliding into opponents now knocks them down and do Impact damage scaling with momentum. Sliding consumes increasingly higher momentum over time. A quick slide consumes little to no momentum, but holding down the button will slow down the warframe due to friction. On contrast, sliding down ramps or cliffs will actually quickly build up momentum instead of consuming it. How fast it build up depends on how steep the path is.

• A 0 momentum warframe does 50 damage and slides for 2 seconds max.

• A 100 momentum warframe does 250 damage and slides for 3 seconds max.

• Sliding downwards gives warframes 20 - 50 momentum per second.

• Knocking down enemies costs 10 momentum for each one.

• Jump - Gives the warframe upwards velocity. The jump remains the same. Can be performed from the ground or from a wall.

• Bullet Jump - The warframe crouches or slides before launching itself into the air. The initial speed (and consequently final distance) scale with momentum. Can be performed from the ground or from a wall.

• A 0 momentum warframe should jump for 60% of current distance.

• A 100 momentum warframe should jump for 120% of current distance.

• Vault (new) - If a warframe sprints towards an obstacle that is smaller than it, it should automatically vault over it and gain momentum. A Grineer blunt is a nice example of a vaultable object.

• Vaulting gives the warframe 20 momentum.

• Impulse Charge (new) - Press and hold the crouch button while not moving to automatically initiate a Charge Dash. During this, the warframe will charge itself with burst of momentum, releasing it on the next roll/bullet jump. The warframe will flash and emit sounds three times during the charge. After each flash, the stored momentum grows larger. The player has a small window of time to roll/bullet jump after the third flash, otherwise the move will fail and the warframe will have to restart. After rolling/bullet jumping, sprint automatically activates if it is set to toggle mode on options.

• After the first flash, the momentum goes up to 20.

• After the second flash. it goes up to 35.

• After the final flash, it goes up to 50.

Air/Wall Maneuvers

Unless said specifically, these maneuvers can only be used on the air or wall parkour.

• Double Jump - A mid air jump, this can be done only once while in the air, but is refreshed after touching the ground or moving/grabbing on a wall. There is no change to be made on double jump.

• Wall Dash - Wall dashing animation goes back to being an actual run instead of hops. The running speed scales with momentum and receives the same base buff as sprint.

• A warframe with 0 momentum has 120% our current wall dash speed.

• A warframe with 100 momentum has 240% our current wall dash speed.

• Wall dashing gives warframes 20 momentum per second.

• Wall Latch - Like sliding, Wall Latch consumes increasingly higher momentum over time, but that cost is very low for short duration latches.

• A 0 momentum warframe latches for 8 seconds max.

• A 100 momentum warframe latches for 12 seconds max.

• Aim Glide - Aim glide is a tool used both for mobility and combat. Since it slows down the warframe, it consumes momentum like wall latch and slide.

• A 0 momentum warframe glides for 4 seconds max.

• A 100 momentum warframe glides for 6 seconds max.

• Edge Grab - While climbing, warframes can grab ledges. They can manually pull themselves up or jump. When the warframe grabs the ledge, the player has a 0.5 seconds window to quickly jump to the platform and generate momentum.

• Performing a quick jump gives the warframe 20 momentum.

• Mistiming the quick jump doesn’t affect the momentum.

• Manually climbing up consumes 40 momentum.

• Divekick - The biggest overhaul of this system, divekick now air dashes the player towards the cursor direction, and is capable of completely changing the movement direction. The kick can be aimed anywhere, even upwards or backwards, but most momentum is lost if you divekick in a direction opposed to your speed. The dash has an initial fast burst that ignores gravity and has a set speed, responsible for changing the movement direction (dash phase). After that the warframe can keep kicking but is no longer affected by any force and is moving due to inertia. The speed after the dash phase is directly affected by your prior movement. Move and divekick in the same direction and you will get far. Move but divekick in the opposite direction and you won’t go very far.
    Divekick is meant to replace our current air roll/bullet jump method of air directional control, since those wouldn’t exist in the new system. Although divekick can be used indefinitely, the dash phase will only occur once per jump, refreshed by touching the floor or a wall. Hitting an enemy with the divekick deals Impact damage scaling with momentum and knocks it away. When an enemy is hit, the player can quickly press the jump button to perform an Enemy Vault, extending air mobility. Divekick can’t be used to prevent hard falls anymore, but if a hard fall were to occur, players can aim the divekick down. Upon hitting the ground a shockwave will damage and knockdown enemies nearby.

• A 0 momentum warframe deals 100 damage upon kicking enemies.

• A 100 momentum warframe deals 500 damage upon kicking enemies.

• The shockwave deals 200 damage over a 4 meter radius.

• Landing divekick on the dash phase increases damage and radius by 50%.

• Divekicking in the movement direction gives the warframe 20 momentum.

• Enemy Vault - Jumping or divekicking enemies allows the player to Enemy Vault. This has the warframe jump by pushing down the enemy, gaining momentum. Enemy Vault refreshes once-per-jump maneuvers like Divekick and Double Jump, and can be chained indefinitely.

• The warframe gains 20 momentum after enemy vaulting.

• Latch-turn (new) - If the warframe is wall dashing, the player can aim to a different direction and quickly press and release the Wall Latch button. As long he doesn’t hold the button down, the warframe will not hold itself to the wall and instead will change the dash direction and gain momentum. The player can turn vertical dashes into horizontal ones, or completely flip an horizontal wall dash.

• Latch-turns give the warframe 20 momentum.

• Wall Slide (new) - After a wall latch, if the warframe doesn’t move away from the wall, it will use its hand to break down the fall. As long as the warframe keeps touching the wall, its effective gravity will be lower. At any time the player can wall latch again or jump from the wall. This effect can be canceled by simply moving away from the wall (the warframe itself doesn’t need to actually get far, just by pressing the buttons the game should recognize that the player wishes to cancel it). The fall speed is faster than old, original Wall Slide.

Ziplines

Climbing a zipline no longer should be clunky and interrupt the movement. The animation should be fluid and conserve momentum 100%. There is no difference between sprinting on a zipline or on the ground, the speed is the same. Also, Sliding down a zipline gives huge amounts of momentum, just like sliding down ramps. Overall hoping in and out of ziplines should be fast and fun. Also, one handed skills now work on ziplines as well.

• Sliding downwards gives warframes 30 - 60 momentum per second.

Edited by Ranzinzo
New ideas due to feedback

Why do you want the game slower? Yes movement is annoying, but not for these reasons.

Movement is annoying because half our movement abilities don't mesh at all with the current maps. Wall hopping is pointless because of all the jagged geometry. If they fixed that, and added wallrunning/vaulting again, we'd see a lot more smooth movement. Right now though? It's pointless to wallhop, wall cling, or any of the like unless doing it for a Riven.

Yes I agree that Parkour 2.0 trivializes the game. Tilesets were designed with P 1.0 in mind. All those Orokin test that are now extremely easy were once an actual challenge.
The only thing they had to do with Parkour 1.0 was remove stamina, coptering, and add double jump and wall cling. Maybe some other tweaks. In consequence, make tilesets smaller.
But for some reason, Warframe needs to be frenetically FAST. Like GOTTA GO FAST (insert sanic theme).

Spoiler

"If you don't want bulletjump don't use it". "If you want to walk through the Plains you can do it" comments incoming.

Considering how much of an inprovement Parkour 2.0 is compared to how 1.0 was. 

Yes it trivializes a lot of tileset traversal, but compared to how dumb comptering was, things are much better now than they were. 

Also I don't feel like slowing down things would be the right answer. 

Not to be that guy, but movement doesn't require bullet jumping. It makes it a whole lot faster and is the best competitive option, but running will still get a Warframe from A to B in decent time. There is a trade-off (though not a perfect one) in that Parkour 2.0-based travel is faster but requires more effort of the player. And most importantly, there are many players who really like the 2.0 system. Asking for sweeping nerfs to it so you don't feel sub-optimal using your preferred method of travel is a little selfish.

For me this is a core "feature" of this game. The fast moving pace.
Why nerf something that defines in a way the game?
If I wanted something that has a slower pace I would have played Destiny or another game that has slow moving fights. Your feedback is not constructive, you just want nerfs because YOU think that: "I think it's wrong that a warframe standing still can jump such long distances" "Remove air bullet jump and air roll. First of all, doing those on the air feels weird." There is a big difference between an aspect of the game that is overpowered / broken / needs to change because x,y,z. and a personal feedback like "I don't like it, change it!"

Edited by DualParadox

Maybe just go play Destiny or Borderlands.

Bullet jump is kinda unique and looks awesome when you look at someone doing this - which i think in the prime trailers was shown only once with Valkyr. THAT bit in particular made you believe that warframes aren't just something meh and an actual force as it's nothing you've seen before.

Sprint on the other hand is boring af. I personally hate Volt and even when I use it, his sprint speed isn't that high because animation looks ridiculous and you have little to no control over your movement/momentum, getting stuck in some bullst like door frames' 1 pixel as it opens.

There is no point in a warframe that can fly, bounce, propel, etc

Most warframes, currently just zephyr were made when there was no bullet jump. It's that simple. She needs a rework freaking yesterday already.

Why do you hate speed? This game is not Walking Simulator.

Neither it is a need for speed. Not to mention 100% of stunlocks happen when your feet touch the floor. You will have to double jump/run around moas, most corpus units and other such things like a headless chicken in order to avoid that otherwise.

"If you don't want bulletjump don't use it". "If you want to walk through the Plains you can do it" comments incoming.

Well of course nerfing the sht out of something is easier. Instead of actually ya know. No pressing a whole set of buttons like someone makes you.

And no one actually cares about puzzles, no one does them and there's no rewards for doing them. Plus you have Titania now anyway.

Edited by -Temp0-

As much as I'm used to flying around with bullet-jumps I can't disagree with you. Everything you proposed about bullet-jump nerf is acceptable. As for sprinting, it'd be nice if not only its speed was increased, but also its animation reworked to look visually appealing, maybe even add a visual channeling effect to warframe.

1 hour ago, Ranzinzo said:

Remove air bullet jump and air roll. First of all, doing those on the air feels weird. Second, they allow much of the movement exploit, specially the air roll. The warframe gets a huge momentum out of nowhere and suddenly is traveling at high speeds. Those should be ground actions only.

This will change profesional Dojo duels as we know them...

Also I only agree on these points:

Decrease jump distance and make it scale more with the warframe's momentum.

Buff sprinting.

And Sprinting doesn't suck, it just requires basically an entire mod build around it, plus one of a few certain frames for top performance...on other frames though, ya it can be better.

These maneuvers don't have to make sense, they should feel fun and be a little over the top since Warframes are biomechanical and can use Void energy to amplify their mobility (which is why we see them glow during wall hop, bullet jump, double jump, etc).

The high speed that Bullet Jump and the bullet air roll combo grant us players is a compromise of the old movement system where melee coptering dominated (now that was unintentional and exploited). It's been dialed way back since Parkour 2.0 landed, and smacking the nerf hammer down to flatten that already reduced speed doesn't sound at all appealing for what Warframe has been for a long while: a fast-paced action shooter where we're ninjas performing impossible feats.

No.

Parkour 2.0 is supposed to trivialize stairs. The stairs are not there for you to take, it's there for you to soar over, emphasizing WF mobility.

I do wish bullet jumped were less twirly though. I wish we at least had a choice in animation to make bullet jumps look more like great leaps instead.

Bullet jumping everywhere makes sense though. If you could jump faster than you could run, it's what you would do. It's what a Ninja warrior would do. It makes traversing the environment an active action that requires a rhythm to maximize. It's far far better than just toggling sprint.

Well. Our operator has void dash. Next thing you know we will have people performing 3 void dashes with the tenno after jumping with the warframe.
Also, you'll notice that when you sprint at high speeds, sliding then bullet jumping is actually slower in some cases. Try sprinting and rolling instead.

I agree with the sprinting buff though. Different frames have different mobility, Atlas runs slow as hell, would be cool if he started speeding up.

10 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Why do you want the game slower?

10 hours ago, BasKy said:

But for some reason, Warframe needs to be frenetically FAST. Like GOTTA GO FAST (insert sanic theme).

Reveal hidden contents

10 hours ago, Cyriann said:

Also I don't feel like slowing down things would be the right answer. 

10 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Why do you hate speed? This game is not Walking Simulator.

10 hours ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

You can take away my weapons, but you can't take away my mobility, i need that to survive

10 hours ago, DualParadox said:

For me this is a core "feature" of this game. The fast moving pace.
Why nerf something that defines in a way the game?

I don't want the game slower. I want to change how to be fast. It's trivial to be fast right now and the movement isn't fluid at all since it heavily depends on the same repetitive actions. I want to nerf bullet jump to make room for other movement tools to shine. Ideally any warframe should be able to cross a map as fast as before, but instead of spamming bullet jumps they would have to actually use wall hops and clings. Run when you are supposed to run, jump when you are supposed to jump.

You all are saying how the game would be slow without bullet jumping, and that's exactly the problem. The movement relies too much on it and underwhelms every other tool. I repeat: the game wouldn't be slower, but it would require much more skill in order to be fast.

10 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

no... suggest something better than gutting all movment and just making people run faster.

If "all movement" of the game is just bullet jump, than the game is doing something wrong.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

Maybe you should try some conclave and then make suggestions. PVE is far different than conclave.

I've tried conclave. Don't really like it. It just isn't fun for me. Also the game isn't designed around conclave.

10 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Not to be that guy, but movement doesn't require bullet jumping. It makes it a whole lot faster and is the best competitive option, but running will still get a Warframe from A to B in decent time. There is a trade-off (though not a perfect one) in that Parkour 2.0-based travel is faster but requires more effort of the player. And most importantly, there are many players who really like the 2.0 system. Asking for sweeping nerfs to it so you don't feel sub-optimal using your preferred method of travel is a little selfish.

I'm well aware that movement doesn't require bullet jumping. But it is the best way to move, so people are gonna do it. I do it. It's not fair to ask players to handicap themselves in order to have a better gaming experience. Parkour 2.0 requires no effort whatsoever. What's hard about doing bullet jumps over and over? Want to cross a big gap? Bullet jump. Want to climb a wall? Bullet jump. Just want to move forward? Bullet jump. Wall hop and wall cling are useless because you can just bullet jump. If bullet jump was nerfed just a little bit players would have to expand their movement arsenal in order to be as effective. Switching between hops, clings and jumps to make from point A to B as fast as possible. THIS would require effort.

And are you really calling me selfish for exposing an idea that I belive would benefit all players? Wow, just... Wow. So I guess we can just shutdown the forums, because I guarantee you that there are many players who really like each aspect of the game. It doesn't make the game perfect and doesn't mean I'm selfish for trying to help.

9 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

And Sprinting doesn't suck, it just requires basically an entire mod build around it, plus one of a few certain frames for top performance...on other frames though, ya it can be better.

So in order for running around to not suck all I have to do is pick the right warframe and build my mod list around RUNNING AROUND? That's just not worth it and shouldn't be this way.

4 hours ago, INight00 said:

Well. Our operator has void dash. Next thing you know we will have people performing 3 void dashes with the tenno after jumping with the warframe.

That actually sounds awesome and I wouldn't mind it at all. Just imagine it: sprint - bullet jump upwards - switch to operator mid air - peform the void dashes - switch back to warframe. That would require timing and skill. It would also be limited by the operator's resource and would LOOK FREAKING AWESOME.

Thats the kind of movement I like. Skilled, fluid and precise. Not a repetitive button spamming.

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It makes traversing the environment an active action that requires a rhythm to maximize. It's far far better than just toggling sprint.

No, it makes traversing the enviroment a boring and repetitive task. Even if sprint speed were to be buffed, toggling sprint wouldn't be the fastest way to travel. Players would still be required to bullet jump, but also wall hop and cling. Movement abilities would be useful and minimizing travel time would require much more skill and timing.

10 hours ago, DualParadox said:

Your feedback is not constructive, you just want nerfs because YOU think that: "I think it's wrong that a warframe standing still can jump such long distances" "Remove air bullet jump and air roll. First of all, doing those on the air feels weird." There is a big difference between an aspect of the game that is overpowered / broken / needs to change because x,y,z. and a personal feedback like "I don't like it, change it!"

How my feedback is not constructive? I specifically said that bullet jumps make other movement tools obsolete, which is obviously bad. When game system A makes game system B useless, one of them has to change. In this case, bullet jump makes systems wall hop, wall cling, elevators, ziplines, Zephyr's 1, Valkyr's 1, Titania's 4, etc useless. I also said that it's easy to get stuck or climb invisible edges while bullet jumping, because the maps aren't designed around it. This is also bad. None of it is my opinion. I suggest you read my whole comment again.

3 minutes ago, Ranzinzo said:

That actually sounds awesome and I wouldn't mind it at all. Just imagine it: sprint - bullet jump upwards - switch to operator mid air - peform the void dashes - switch back to warframe. That would require timing and skill. It would also be limited by the operator's resource and would LOOK FREAKING AWESOME.

Void dashing mid-air is cool. I do it as often as necessary (especially for uncomfortable heights). The only problem is, it isn't fluid most of the time. You end doing a hard landing with the operator or pausing mid-air because you re-tapped 5 too soon then end up falling into an abyss with your warframe... yes, I exaggerated.

Things change over-time, your constructive feedback on the current parkour is good. While you're at it, try suggesting more ways around it. One idea isn't enough.
Don't expect a change too soon. Try raise it in a devstream and see what they think.

31 minutes ago, Ranzinzo said:

If "all movement" of the game is just bullet jump, than the game is doing something wrong.

congrats on ignoring your own main post. you specifically say you think bullet jumping, jumping, air rolling, and sliding all need nerfed the only thing you dont mention is double jumping

12 hours ago, Ranzinzo said:

Nerf bullet jumps. This one is probably the one that is gonna trigger most people, but I firmly believe that bullet jump is way too much right now. Even some map aspects like stairs and elevators were made obsolete by it, so nerfing bullet jump would make platforming more fun and challenging. The nerf would be:

1. Decrease jump distance and make it scale more with the warframe's momentum. I think it's wrong that a warframe standing still can jump such long distances, but I don't mind when a Loki gets a Volt's speed buff and does it. It's totally ok to jump great distances if resources were spent. This would also slow down the combo slide/bullet jump/repeat since the warframe loses speed after the first jump.

2. Remove air bullet jump and air roll. First of all, doing those on the air feels weird. Second, they allow much of the movement exploit, specially the air roll. The warframe gets a huge momentum out of nowhere and suddenly is traveling at high speeds. Those should be ground actions only.

3. Sliding doesn't cancel landing stun. Valkyrs aside, all warframes have to wait for a small animation after they land from high falls. Unless of course they slide, magically making all impact disappear. Falling from a mountain and just sliding is dumb and the warframe doesn't do anything to help itself land. Instead of sliding, players should be required to make a roll at the last moments of the fall. So landing stun canceling would still be there, but triggered differently. Since it’s not possible to immediately follow a roll with a bullet jump, this change would slow down movement combo.

31 minutes ago, Ranzinzo said:

How my feedback is not constructive? I specifically said that bullet jumps make other movement tools obsolete, which is obviously bad. When game system A makes game system B useless, one of them has to change. In this case, bullet jump makes systems wall hop, wall cling, elevators, ziplines, Zephyr's 1, Valkyr's 1, Titania's 4, etc useless. I also said that it's easy to get stuck or climb invisible edges while bullet jumping, because the maps aren't designed around it. This is also bad. None of it is my opinion. I suggest you read my whole comment again.

just because you  have one constructive thing in your post doesnt make the rest of your post constructive also. and just because you focus on a single part of his comment doesn't mean the rest of his comment doesnt exist either. so to quote you "i suggest you read the WHOLE comment again"

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

The only place that needs a nerf to movement is conclave because there its next to impossible to hit anyone when the target is flying across the map.Other then that why would you nerf our current movement in PvE thats one of the most fun things in warframe getting good at skipping across the map taking shortcuts with bulletjumps and avoiding enemy fire.Sure there are some tweaks to be done but there is literally no need to go that far

The running into things part is the difference between where the Warframe is on screen and the point of movement with the reticle/crosshair.

We would be far better served by having the camera be more dynamic, where the camera at least shifts behind the Warframe to align the Warframe to the reticle/crosshair.

That would do much to help with moving in corridors and exists with Archwing, move faster and the camera does shift to be behind the Archwing:

Spoiler

xVhe9LB.jpg

XAo8Zyy.jpg