Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the best and worst kinds of treatment another Warframe player has given to you?

user_85631

Worst was when someone blocked me after a successful trade from WFMarket because I said "meow" in my opening message to see if he was online.

Best was during the gift event when random people actually sent me things both big and small. Nice peeps out there.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

Worst:

Farming Equinox I had a moan about rng because the last part would not not drop, then for the next few runs the team basically griefed me, going on endlessly about salt and constantly switch teleporting me into the water during the boss fight.

The part I was waiting for dropped before the part they were after, so i gave them a snarky line and quit the party.

Best: I got free prime parts from a player that I had just met and they really recommended me to keep playing and taught me quite a few things I didn't know about.

Worst: Guy kept harassing me after I turned down his Ash prime offer down. Wouldn't let it go and he even sent me a few rude comment even though all I said no thanks it's a little too much for my price range.

19 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

Best: everyday in Larunda Relay! People there are always so kind! 

Worst: People calling me out on my rainbow colours by throwing homophobic slurs. Also stating I'm an attention w--re because of it. These people I usually just ignore, or for the attention part I'd play along like "Yes, you've noticed me! My life is sustained for another hour, soon I'll be able to consume the whole universe!" 

I honestly expect such toxicity from people because of how I look in a game, but it's VERY minimum, definitely something that won't make me lose sleep over. In the end, just shrug, and let them be idiots elsewhere. 

I don't like the rainbow colors because I don't like the bright colors on a warframe. I don't really care about what color someone else has on otherwise.

Best: Completing LoR NM with everyone knowing what to do.

Worst: Going into Hydron and someone starts playing their trashy music on their mic. I respond my saying I am gonna mute him. He tells me "Go f*ck yourself" and leaves the mission.

Edited by WNxMatthew

11 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Best: When I started Warframe, the person that got me into the game 2+ years ago sold me a Frost Prime set for 150p when that Frame was circulating around consoles for 800p+.

Worst: Got into Trade Chat trying to find a seller for a Euphona Prime Satidex Riven, got in talks with 2 peeps over at PSN party chat about it. Unexpectedly, one of their "friends" on their PSN list was scouting their and my names and used that opportunity to extort me by DDOS my connection and demanded 1000p to be sent to a certain user to stop the attack.

Result? You didn't give them anything did you?

Best treatments I got?

Well...there's 2:

-My old clan accepted me even though I clearly stated I only need a clan to get the Nikana (that was over a year ago).

-Someone here gifted me the Twin Kohmak after I complained about how Kela never even dropped the blueprint once after MONTHS of trying.

Worst treatment? Boy, I could write a book about it. But here's a few that I remember very well:

-On the forums: Tried to help somebody, got a warning point for bad language. I admit, my choice of words wasn't the best, but come on.

-Also on the forums: Somebody wanted an explanation for something he didn't understand (I don't know what it was, but said person was quite salty), so I tried to explain things as easy to understand as possible, got insulted by said person. Yeah, sorry for trying to answer your question.

-In game: I was somewhat new, around Mastery 6 maybe, played a defense mission with some random people. All of us died several times due to high enemy level, but then the literal most useless member of the squad insulted us all as "fat ugly noobs" or something like that. Sorry for reviving your sorry butt 6 times.

Best :

in game : follow my clan mate to 80 mins ++ intercept ( 2 years ago )

in forum : polite people say thank you for my post

Worst :

in game : somebody go in sorties to AFK

in forum : one person who is active in forum argued with me why venka prime cant be used to unlock riven because it does not have a x3 combo multiplier. Along with a few keyboard warriors who agrees with him.

Note : i dont have problem with trade because i only buy things at price i want. if he say no just leave it.

For worst, I just had this happen to me:

Long story short, I'm putting out WTB filled anasa advertisements in trade chat and this guy randomly messages me saying my price is too low. I like to think my price is fair considering some people sell for as low as 5p an anasa, but he didn't. Granted, I didn't exactly respond in the nicest way possible because I was kind of annoyed that someone just goes right off the bat and says my prices are bad, but whatever. He then decides to insult me, block me, and message me again asking for a sale. The nerve of some people.

For those that want to see the chat: https://imgur.com/a/mwibl (names blocked out of course)

*Note: There is one other guy in there who popped into the messages to say thanks for the sale. Kinda gives proof that I did actually just get some sales done at the price I was looking for.

Best : I found my partner within the game that was the best day in my warframe career but there are some good aswell.

Worst : Insulted by many players because of my gender and just because I am not hiding myself. I know the internet is a place where these kind of things happens but it is sad to know still here we are.

10 hours ago, WNxMatthew said:

Result? You didn't give them anything did you?

20 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

It is, but I didn't budge. I didn't nor am I going to satiate their stupid ego and pay up that platinum. I reported all of the alt-bots, screenshotted the name and conversation they used to extort me on Trade Chat, and  reported them to Warframe Support and PSN. Adjusted my privacy settings, turned off DMZ on my router, and after about 3 hours the attacks stopped.

I don't have time to deal with these kids these days. At all.

Best: I’ve only been playing for six days but I’m amazed at how great and helpful the community is. When I’m caught doing something I shouldn’t be, instead of being berated and belittled like most online games, I’ve had people pm me and explain what’s what. I’m talking like 30 minute chats not just a quick “don’t do that because x”. 

I haven’t had a bad experience yet except for one emotional chap to call everyone an idiot (as you can imagine, he used rather worse language) because he died and ragequit the group. 

So yeah, thanks to everyone for being awesome and welcoming! 

On ‎09‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, Oxideds said:

Hi, I am curious about your experiences with other players of the community as I have been playing for about 3 years now and I know some people have played longer than me so will probably have more experience when it comes to playing with other players.

The best, being given additional platinum in a trade because the buyer thought my price was too low.

The worst, being called a scammer because my asking price was higher than what warframe market stated.

Best: My clan interactions in general. We talk about stupid stuff, exchange gifts, give advice, play together, complain together; Really, if it wasn't for the clan I would've quit ages ago and never came back.

Worst: Trade chat. Nothing more needs be said. All hail warframe.market.

• 1 month later...

Just got a new worst one. 

So I haven't had alot of time on my hands for PoE what with school and all, so I haven't had time to attack the grindwall, learn about Teralyst fights, etc. I just did three hunts in one night with a group of (What I thought were) nice people. They helped me learn for a little bit, I did my part, everyone wins. Until the third hunt.

The Teralyst retreated into the water. With my small amount of knowledge and experience in the new update, I got confused quickly. Lures died, the Teralyst healed, and things got bad. So somehow, since I was the new guy, everything that happened was my fault. Now I'm not saying these guys didn't have a right to be unhappy, but they said some pretty hurtful stuff to me. For example...

"You ####### pile of ####, you just cost us another Eidolon Shard!"

"A brand new guy did more damage than you could. He killed the Sentient faster than you ever could with your ###### weapons."

"You shouldn't have come. We could have done so much better without you."

"You need to get out of here and play something else."

Now not all of this was invalid. Yes, because of my ignorance, plus them not listening to me about being confused and needing help understanding this new concept, I cost them an Eidolon Cap. And yes, I don't have self-damaging weapons to superbuff my Chroma's damage. (It's not my fault that I am running a clan for my friend since he left to France. It's inactive save for me. I can't research stuff all by myself. No Opticor, no Plasmors, etc.) But aside from this, I think these guys should have at least tried to have some sympathy. Surely they couldn't understand the low amount of time I have had with the update, but I gave them some footnotes ahead of time.

I still only have the Mote Amp. I can't be the most efficient since I lack the proper weaponry.

I flat out said this exactly.

I am not the best choice to take, but I would appreciate it if some people could take me on an Eidolon hunt. Maybe show me the ropes.

So yeah. I got my feelings hurt quite a bit. I will give them the benefit of the doubt in that maybe they were just as confused as I was. Other than that, I don't think they should get much else. So yeah. I was shown some of the toxicity of the community tonight. I am a little disappointed. I really am.