Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Twitch Prime Free Primes

Voltage

Ah, it all make sense now.

*turns on Ambulas trailer music

- Eidolon Hunt rewards will create "watchers" (who will not be watching at all, come on it's A NEW BIG UPDATE, I will be PLAYING) so Warframe will be on the popular channels page! I hope partners will be ready for it. And will not focus only on negative sides of a game. And will not act like a bag of unfunny divas wannabe. And I am too optimistic, am I?

- Ok, update is awesome, partners done their homework. It may encourage new people to try WF and look, another nice little bait for them - they can get Soma Prime and Scindo Prime! But wait, there is MOREFrost Prime!!! (extending that offer was a smart move btw).

- If said potential new Tenno will not be scared away by the early game and will not run into the trade chat headfirst, GROFIT!!!

*shoots the music box with Plasmor

Will this work? Who knows. I will definitely "watch" some channels, hey I may even watch them for real. I will try to help new players if I see any. Directing to Wiki and Codex, telling to stay away from trade chat for now, telling about plat discounts and that you need platinum only for slots and that rushing foundry is a bait... The stuff I wish I knew then I started. No map nuking on early planets in PUGs.

Will this affect trade chat? Twitch bundles will probably hit "hoard Primes, wait till they are vaulted, wait for prices to rise, start selling" strategy, but there always will be something else to sell if you played long enough. Yes, any Prime will be in danger of becoming cheap, but we have so many of them already!

Do I (as a veteran greedy player with some aging Prime sets and delusions of getting rich with Odonatas) like it? Depends on how it will turn out: if it will bring some fresh blood – awesome. If it is a testing ground for loot crates – now, this is a reason to be worried (looks at the random drops for watching streamers getting any in-game achievement, puts on tinfoil hat).

Wait..... Scindo Prime is one of "most popular and feared weapons in Warframe"? :shocked: I can not sell/buy it even with Ambulas trailer music.

Edited by rand0mname

1 hour ago, AgentQthehomeless said:

The whole game doesn't revolve around you and never will. You have to look from the other people's perspective. For newer players this is an amazing opportunity. Not only that but if you're a trader stuff like this shouldn't even bother you. Half my playtime has been spent in trading, and i have accumulated a lot of plat overtime, stuff like this doesn't bother me at all.

You are trying to say that this is great for new players. It actually hurts new players as it gives them a false sense of progression. On top of that, players who have farmed soma after Vault (and I am not alone) are getting spat in their face. The game isn’t always about new players either. A free weapon with twitch is cool by me if it was say Braton Prime. Giving away Soma Prime though? That is pushing it.

It also isn’t a free market if DE ruins prices by doing stuff like this. 

Greetings to all Tenno and greetings to DE. :)

To understand the scope of this post and in case you're wondering, this doesn't affect me in terms of platinum. 

Also (even back when I was in need of platinum) I did (and still do) understand the DE may decide to influence the prices of the platinum market as they see fit since it's their market.

If they see fit they can depreciate all ingame ways to make platinum. It's their game, their choice.

However, I am sceptical as to what repercussions giving out for free a top tier weapon has on the psychology of new players and to those players that do posess it for that matter.

The whole essence of Warframe lies in its progression.

Awakened from an eternal sleep, from humble beginnings, elevating eventually to a God.

Perhaps someone at DE should take the time and watch this vid and try to see what we see.

(Even though that's a humorous vid about his warframe addiction, do pay attention between 0:55 - 1:55 as to why this player stopped playing Diablo 3.

The sense of accomplishment cannot be paired with instant gratification.)

I'm out for now. pz

Edited by disco_inferno6

4 hours ago, mstriker said:

Im with you here man, i dont mind people getting S#&$ for free but im starting to think that the partnership programs is going a bit too far.

You pay for it outside of warframe and you get it in the game, i would like tl have some exclusive things bit i wont pay for twitch prime since i dont like nor use the platform

What if we want that stuff but we dont want to tie ourselves to that product?

"littered with gamers who think unhealthily... high, of themselves."

Yeah true, and those are dragged to the game.

Im ok with the soma and farmable things being given, but exclusive not obtainable anymore cosmetics? Man veterans who stick with the game should be given this not newish members that may leave the next day.

What if we dont want to pay for an external product, are we excluded from the exclusive things syandanas etc they get? This is not fair in any way.

This is really what I was meaning though in looking at many of these comments, a lot of people don't read. It's not about "a few free things". (I have them, I give them away.) It's not about "traders having a cry". (I don't trade for plats)

It's about Warframe using a third party platform, again, to give away things from within the game that actual members who play, have (possibly) bought at some point.

One of my housemates bought the Frost pack, only to see it thrown out like free trash not long after. How is that NOT spitting on your own community? Access and/or Prime packs are not cheap in our currency. He felt basically betrayed by a company he sought to support as best he could within his means.

And it's not going to stop at this. They've already told us that PoE giveaways are going to be connected to streamers. Because I definitely want to sit around watching someone else play the new additions, rather than play it myself? okkkk

The community members who are against this type of crap need to voice their thoughts because currently, only the dopey ones who can't see ahead are bleeting about how fantastic it is. Blinders are never a good thing to wear constantly.

DE provides tons of free actual game content but y'all are sore when two or three in game items lose most of their market value temporarily? All for the sake of promoting their game? If you think they're selling out, then go buy some triple A game that sells DLC. See how your patronage is rewarded then. It was always your decision to buy things with real money or farm for them. It was always your decision to wait and get free stuff.

And for those who think the Soma Prime and Scindo Prime are too OP for new players, please try to remember that without good mods, those weapons are practically useless at higher levels.

So new players will still need to play the game in order to get mods and endo.

Edited by Tricky5hift

When I see someone complain about those weapons coming out, and they were holding on to the parts to sell, I see you as being pretty greedy. Most of these merchants are only angry because they can't boost the platinum price of these parts and profit off of people's misfortune of missing them when they were out. 

I know I'm gonna get attacked for saying that, and yes I know DE did basically put us in this unstable market, but don't be so upset you couldn't scam a player out of their virtual money. 

I get it is a bummer for people with complete Soma/Scindo sets or even parts and I can also understand that this is very attractive for new players since Prime weapons are cool because they are Prime. But to be honest Primes or Prime weapons are not expensive or hard to get anymore. I had to pay way more when I started playing for any Prime part but it was part of the fun and made those kind of exclusive because difficulty to get or grind to get so many plat to buy those. Warframe is getting easier and it should not be this way, if you want something earn it, people would appreciate much more their gear and spend some time building those instead of using it to rank up MR.

And to those saying that sellers need to stop complaining/crying, be a bit empathic, these people spend time farming those parts to get complete sets and are part of this community. I would not have many Primes without others selling those items. And yes I have paid things way over price and I'm just fine with it because you learn how to get and spend plat smartly.

20 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

When I see someone complain about those weapons coming out, and they were holding on to the parts to sell, I see you as being pretty greedy. Most of these merchants are only angry because they can't boost the platinum price of these parts and profit off of people's misfortune of missing them when they were out. 

I know I'm gonna get attacked for saying that, and yes I know DE did basically put us in this unstable market, but don't be so upset you couldn't scam a player out of their virtual money. 

Its not that we dont earn as much plat is that is not fair that you have to pay a premium outsider servise to get those things and if you dont you dont get the items

19 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It... boggles to think about, Devs giving away free stuff and people are complaining about it.

The only thing I know is that it will hurt the selling of my Soma Sets which is... fine as far as I'm concerned.

This community gets a lot of praise, but when threads like this one, and the Baro thread last week complaining about him "bringing nothing", I begin to have my doubts. Put yourselves in the shoes of a new player, of which we have a massively growing number of, and you'd be ecstatic at getting these weapons. I know I would be. These are exciting times for Warframe, and I'm glad more people are coming to enjoy the game. Giving them a little boost is awesome on DE's behalf.

Be happy for them, and drop the jaded attitude.

3 minutes ago, mstriker said:

Its not that we dont earn as much plat is that is not fair that you have to pay a premium outsider servise to get those things and if you dont you dont get the items

Ohhh, I honestly thought you could get a free trial of it first, and get the 2 items. I guess it was like that for the first bit with frost, I didn't realize the same can't be applied with the weapons. My bad! They didn't make it as clear for me, and now I definitely see why people are upset! 

3 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

Ohhh, I honestly thought you could get a free trial of it first, and get the 2 items. I guess it was like that for the first bit with frost, I didn't realize the same can't be applied with the weapons. My bad! They didn't make it as clear for me, and now I definitely see why people are upset! 

Supposedly you can; but free trial doesnt last forever, and when it ends, only paying on an outside platform would get you free S#&$ while the people who just want to play the game and dont want to pay for that kind of service would be left behind.

Think as I said elsewhere... Just waiting for the free Frost promo to end. Had a few bad Frost experiences and they are just all over the place now.

EDIT: also, on the note of new players it's also ever so slightly counter productive as I could see them just ranking most weapons up, but hardly using them and getting decent experience, comparing them to and falling back to the Soma Prime.

Edited by Valiant

6 minutes ago, mstriker said:

Supposedly you can; but free trial doesnt last forever, and when it ends, only paying on an outside platform would get you free S#&$ while the people who just want to play the game and dont want to pay for that kind of service would be left behind.

Especially when it's a month subscribe (shivers) no thanks!! 

4 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

This community gets a lot of praise, but when threads like this one, and the Baro thread last week complaining about him "bringing nothing", I begin to have my doubts. Put yourselves in the shoes of a new player, of which we have a massively growing number of, and you'd be ecstatic at getting these weapons. I know I would be. These are exciting times for Warframe, and I'm glad more people are coming to enjoy the game. Giving them a little boost is awesome on DE's behalf.

Be happy for them, and drop the jaded attitude.

It gets praise for not being as toxic as most, but I found a comment on Youtube saying

"It's not really toxic but more like needy and a bit entitled, sometimes when i go on forums, the complaining i see is just so unreal. "

I'm inclined to agree...

9 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Frost prime as well, stop taking it so lightly.

Right, another 4 year old item. Maybe you shouldn't take it so seriously since it has little to no negative effect on the game, rather the contrary? Maybe you should think a bit further than your wallet. And I really don't buy the frame/weapons ruining the new player's experience argument either. As for the people who have bought the frame with real money, they bought instant access to the items and supported the company, they didn't buy life time assurance that the items in question were to be only available through purchasing. 

DE are promoting their game by giving away free stuff, good free stuff. Had they given meh primes like the previously suggested Braton Prime wouldn't have had the same effect. Most likely people will search information about the things that they will receive if they opt in for them and since Soma P and Scindo are mostly praised, the possibility for them to get in the game and spend more would be higher. 

Edited by aligatorno

25 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Frost prime as well, stop taking it so lightly.

There's no real legitimate reason why this is a bad thing. It's just marketing, and getting cool stuff will make new players stay more. Please stop being salty and realize that this isn't a bad thing.