Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hour Long Survival, weapon went from level 12 to 13. What?

MagPrime

Question

I just finished this hour long Survival.  Throughout the mission, my weapon shows leveling normally, but at the end of mission, I get this

Spoiler

bJnpSlA.jpg?1

The weapon was Rank 12 when I went in, and I come out an hour later and it's...13?!

No, I wasn't tagged by the AFK timer.  No, I did not lose connection at any time. 

I even got a screencap of it being higher than level 13 during the mission

Spoiler

u1JVSI1.jpg?2

I self revived once during the mission, at the very end (got hooked by an Ancient and drug into a group of leeches and other melee types) but that shouldn't have been enough to kill almost all of my progression on the weapon, right?

Just trying to figure out if this is a bug or if self reviving has one Hek of a price tag at higher levels now.

Edited by MagPrime

22 answers to this question

To be perfectly honest...Survival isn't really a good way to level up things. I mean it makes sence that it should be, you kill lots of enemies (which on it's one is frankly the worst method) and so on, but other then that there is no way of gaining exp in Survival.

Meanwhile: Stealth bonuses are more or less op for leveling; Mobile Defence and Spy missions have objectives which give decent exp; Defence (with a team) is usually on smaller maps, or at least maps which don't give you anything if you explore them; Interception has a exp reward which can easily be exploited...

There really isn't a reason to do Survival anymore unleass you are looking for Mutalist Alad V Coordinates (even then, Defence has almost double the chance to drop them at the same rotation), the Octavia helmet (Derelict) and possibly Life Strike in Dark Sectors.

12 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Does your teammate was on the affinity range ?
Maybe he done all the kills and you wasn't close enough to get XP.

Does it look like they got all the kills? 

Spoiler

9kt12G7CTx26dKVax2PBUQ.png

Still a third but not all of them, other then that your question is valid.

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Does your teammate was on the affinity range ?
Maybe he done all the kills and you wasn't close enough to get XP.

We were standing next to each other.  Even if we weren't, the second screenshot shows the weapon was level 26 at minute 50 something.  Also, please check the first screenshot where it gives my total for kills; 2330.  That lone would have granted more than a single level worth of xp.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

To be perfectly honest...Survival isn't really a good way to level up things. I mean it makes sence that it should be, you kill lots of enemies (which on it's one is frankly the worst method) and so on, but other then that there is no way of gaining exp in Survival.

Meanwhile: Stealth bonuses are more or less op for leveling; Mobile Defence and Spy missions have objectives which give decent exp; Defence (with a team) is usually on smaller maps, or at least maps which don't give you anything if you explore them; Interception has a exp reward which can easily be exploited...

There really isn't a reason to do Survival anymore unleass you are looking for Mutalist Alad V Coordinates (even then, Defence has almost double the chance to drop them at the same rotation), the Octavia helmet (Derelict) and possibly Life Strike in Dark Sectors.

I never said I went into that Survival with the purpose of leveling, nor is this really relevant to the missing xp.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Did you go in arsenal to double ckeck, but it looks like a bug.

I did and it showed level 13 on the weapon. 

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Should be a bug.

Maybe relogging will fix it, in case it's only a display bug.

I logged out and back in, showed the same.  Going to try going all the way to the desktop and seeing if that changes anything.

EDIT: Nope, still 13 after that.

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

If you kill enemies with your abilties, the frame gets all the exp and not the weapon. Either leech from others or use the weapon to kill things.

I am aware, however, the issue is that, per the screen shot provided, the Pyrana was level 26 54 minutes into the mission but at the end, was 13.  It somehow lost 13 levels worth of XP in 6 minutes.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I am aware, however, the issue is that, per the screen shot provided, the Pyrana was level 26 54 minutes into the mission but at the end, was 13.  It somehow lost 13 levels worth of XP in 6 minutes.

Oh I didn't notice that, I'm sorry. :o

Report a bug then. This seems like a sync issue.

9 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Ugh. 

And people wonder why some say that DE hates Mag. 

They don't even let her level her stuff. 

Ha!  Aint that the truth. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

My guess would be when you revived a bug happened and lost all affinity. The stats and focus earned don't match kill count.

That's what I'm thinking as well.  I've already submitted a bug report.

8 minutes ago, ZenHare said:

It happens every so often. I wonder if when the person hosting the mission quits and it changes to a new host that it resets everything but whether the mission was a success or not.

There were no host migrations though, and the mission was a success.

If you kill enemies with warframe skills, then 100% of kill xp goes to the warframe, so you most likely only got a small % of the 170 kills your partner did.
But since you revived at the very end, a huge portion of the total xp was lost.
Is the 2nd screen before or after the revive?

Edited by Nakrast

11 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

If you kill enemies with warframe skills, then 100% of kill xp goes to the warframe, so you most likely only got a small % of the 170 kills your partner did.
But since you revived at the very end, a huge portion of the total xp was lost.
Is the 2nd screen before or after the revive?

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

- snip-

I self revived once during the mission, at the very end (got hooked by an Ancient and drug into a group of leeches and other melee types) but that shouldn't have been enough to kill almost all of my progression on the weapon, right?

- snip-