The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roadmap: Glassframe Quest & the Plains of Eidolon!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, TheTundraTerror said:

Before people put their carts before their horses.

Goal. Their "goal" is to have it out.

"within the next 10 days Month"

I wish DE would just not say anything about PoE at this point until it was finished. In 4 years they have never released when they hoped or said and I doubt that's going to change now.

Edited by xFrostKnightx
rearrange

On 2017/10/4 at 5:25 AM, Voltaic_Backlash said:

As to the name of the Glass frame, I really think they should reconsider.

As to why, Garasu is indeed a Japanese word for glass, but it is not the Japanese word for glass.

What do I mean by this?

Japanese basically has three alphabets.  Hiragana, the flowey native script and the one words from Japan are written in. Katakana, the angular script used for words taken from other languages, such as Pan (Italian for Bread), Persocom (Personal Computer, abbreviated), and Garasu (take a wild guess). Finally, there is Kanji, which are basically specific symbols that mean specific things when ordered specific ways. 

Back to my first point.  Garasu is not the Japanese word for glass. That word is Hari.  It would also be a suitable name for the 'Frame IMO, and wouldn't feel so... Cliche'?

Please take the time to consider this matter.

Garasu here in the description is usually used in 'Garasu no XX'(硝子の orガラスの), means 'XX made by glass' in an artistic way(like some Visual Kei bands), there's no doubt about this Garasu's meaning, it's glass indeed. And Hari is the onyomi-kanji of '玻璃', '玻璃' isn't always used, they use '硝子'(pronounce in ガラス Garasu) instead, don't mix these two words up mate.

BTW, Garasu has other meanings, a crow will be also called Garasu(鴉 in Kanji).

Edited by Phantazmagoria
add some explanations

On 10/3/2017 at 4:41 PM, KaizergidorahXi said:

Gara isn't going to follow the path of Nidus and Harrow with being almost impossible to farm, is she? Because if that's a trend you're setting, it sure isn't a great one.

Harrow or Nidus wasn't that hard to farm for their pieces, I still think the hardest frame to obtain still to this day is Equinox, and thats because of both aspects night and day, it took me a solid 83 runs in total to get equinox (just to get the parts, not build them) Both Harrow, and Nidus didn't take me that long to get their parts. I think in total for both I ran about 30 runs. Would like to see Ivara's RNG increase too, cause she was a pain in the rear to farm for as well. If they follow the Equinox route for farming, it might take a casual player a good week to farm for Gara then.

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

thats usually when the quest is live though....actually for all we know we could get all the parts via the quest like say limbo

It would have been great for frames to have continued with quests to gain all the parts along the way as stage rewards (without needing to build parts as you go), but it seems there needed to be the grind wall involved for some inexplicable reason.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fine to have a farm with things like primes and weapons, but i would think after the work put into frames DE would want them in players hands without the sour/salty grind aftertaste with it.

Edited by Loswaith

2 hours ago, Phantazmagoria said:

Garasu here in the description is usually used in 'Garasu no XX'(硝子の orガラスの), means 'XX made by glass' in an artistic way, there's no doubt about this Garasu's meaning, it's glass indeed. And Hari is the onyomi-kanji of '玻璃', '玻璃' isn't always used, they use '硝子'(pronounce in ガラス) instead, don't mix these two words up mate.

BTW, Garasu has other meanings, a crow will be also called Garasu(鴉 in Kanji).

鴉 or 烏 reading method is Karasu, Not Garasu.This Kanji doesn't read with Garasu unless a modifier is attached like 嘴太烏(Hashibuto Garasu, en:Jungle crow), 嘴細烏(Hashiboso Garasu,en:Carrion crow).
I think that 玻璃(hari) is a good idea.:thumbup: However, since it is the same reading as Kanji of the needle(針:hari). The name Hari, many Japanese people will associate needles. Japanese Kanji is troublesome. :facepalm:

On 2017/10/4 at 10:25 AM, Voltaic_Backlash said:

That's more on the translator than on anything else. 

Japanese doesn't have a proper 'L' sound as English does.  It basically gets rolled into their 'R' sound most of the time.  Thus, Garasu can be validly translated as Glass or Grass.  As the translator doesn't have any way of differentiating, it just does the best it can. 

You said it. The English that the Japanese speaks is said to be Engrish.:sad: I can't laugh because My English is very poor.

Edited by gosteady

I'm not gonna gripe about the name of the new Warframe; everyone else is already doing fine with that.

Release date? Well, I'm a console player, but I'm fine with waiting. I only got this game a few weeks ago (even though you couldn't tell by now), so there's still a lot for me to experiment with and test. Weapons and Warframe collecting will keep me busy for a while.

Meanwhile, enjoy you're ride on the hype train, and run that last check on your arms and armament. Tenno, there's a new world waiting for us. Let's not disappoint it!

Ah, who am I kidding, I know you lot will be camping out on a hilltop with a sniper rifle taking pot-shots at birds.

The legendary saviors of the system? *Sigh*

2 hours ago, Cmdr-A said:

So by Friday next week huh? Friday....friday *looks at calander* the 13th? Inb4 a cursed friday the 13th launch.

I don't see the problem.

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me.

My weeb senses are tingling with the new frame (Gara). Anything with Japanese roots would make sense -y'know, ninjas- so i don't honestly mind what they call her. We'll likely end up calling her by a nickname, like Buns for Nova, or in my case T*ts for Titania. :P

Edited by Havarkus

Honestly the hype/deleys make me just want to go play something else again. I barely log in to do my dailys and that a month and a half after coming back to game.

Honestly at this point I see Soon (tm) and go K ....  I'll go spend my money on S#&$ that actually exists, They way they dropped arca was awesome. Can they stop hyping freaking vapor, and maybe actually you know announce something when its ready ( looks Side-eye at Glassframe)  and not vapor ( kingpin). 

Edited by MagisD
i spel gud

10 hours ago, Gronknor said:

Harrow or Nidus wasn't that hard to farm for their pieces, I still think the hardest frame to obtain still to this day is Equinox, and thats because of both aspects night and day, it took me a solid 83 runs in total to get equinox (just to get the parts, not build them) Both Harrow, and Nidus didn't take me that long to get their parts. I think in total for both I ran about 30 runs. Would like to see Ivara's RNG increase too, cause she was a pain in the rear to farm for as well. If they follow the Equinox route for farming, it might take a casual player a good week to farm for Gara then.

32 freaking defection run and I just broke and bought harrows , which is what they want ...

9 hours ago, gosteady said:

鴉 or 烏 reading method is Karasu, Not Garasu.This Kanji doesn't read with Garasu unless a modifier is attached like 嘴太烏(Hashibuto Garasu, en:Jungle crow), 嘴細烏(Hashiboso Garasu,en:Carrion crow).
I think that 玻璃(hari) is a good idea.:thumbup: However, since it is the same reading as Kanji of the needle(針:hari). The name Hari, many Japanese people will associate needles. Japanese Kanji is troublesome. :facepalm:

Wouldn't this be perfect, though, as her first ability is a giant needle?