Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE New Mod Sets Covered In An Article

CanIbiteU

I'd much rather see proc chances and such with sets.  I've never really enjoyed "Hey, you get 5% bonus damage!", its so boring.  Make it so after so many shots with my pistol, it shoots some mega Blame tier shot (Joke).

Or maybe 10% chance when hit to summon an exploding Infected who explodes and debuffs/damages all enemies around.

Give me interesting mechanics, not overpowering.  just something you can't get from another mod.  Make them fun!

The shield one isn't bad though.  Sadly Nydus doesn't have shields hehe.

Edited by Klaleara

" Players can acquire the Mag Deluxe Skin, Deluxe Tonfa, and Deluxe Syandana or purchase them in the in-game market "

That sounds like players can get those things in game without paying for it. Yeah, i don't think so :P

EDIT:

Yeah, more mods which won't replace any of my current mods in my builds, cause they are more important.

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy. Duration, Strength and Range, no efficiency at all. Another set of buff that benefits toggleable abilities more than anything else.

And if that wasn't enough, more attack speed, combo duration critical damage and critical chance on combo multiplers. Just for Atterax.

It's like... developers truly don't take ANY consideration at all to feedback.

You can get almost maximum efficiency on toggleable abilities even when using blind rage by countering the efficiency drop with more duration, meanwhile non-toggleable abilities are stuck with a max of 135% efficiency if you go for blind rage. Also, no overflow.

EDIT: I've been doing some math, turns out this is even worse than I thought. with Auger message it makes a total of 3 duration mods, entirely capable of replacing Narrow minded, so, you can have a very good efficiency, without the drawback of equiping Narrow Minded (66% range drop), instead equiping aa new +30% range mod.

Edited by Duduminador

The Augur one seems pretty good, they provided good stats with low cost even if the stack effects aren't that good

Gladiator seems pretty good as well, if we complete the set we get +130% crit chance that can still get higher with combo multiplier? 

The Vigilante one is the one that feels very weird. It's not +critical chance, but chance to enhance critical hits? What's that supposed to mean? And most the stats are not that good either. I'd probably only use Vigilante Armament for extra multishot.

The Gladiator set looks interesting, but I'm not sure about those "sets" in general. Some of these mods aren't as good as what we use (45% fire rate < 60% for the same cost, Enemi Radar is kinda meh, the stats of the first set are lower than the regular mods and not exilus like the Moon mods, so not sure if I would use them or not). Not really sure if I want to be forced to use mods I don't like just to get the effects.

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

The Gladiator set looks interesting, but I'm not sure about those "sets" in general. Some of these mods aren't as good as what we use (45% fire rate < 60% for the same cost, Enemi Radar is kinda meh, the stats of the first set are lower than the regular mods and not exilus like the Moon mods, so not sure if I would use them or not). Not really sure if I want to be forced to use mods I don't like just to get the effects.

My friend and I were literally talking yesterday about how awesome Warframe is compared to something like WoW.  Purely because Warframe just lets you do whatever the hell you want.  While WoW constantly tries to force players into niches.

To me, sets are a step towards trying to force players into specific niches.  I hope we don't see the end of outrageous/silly/unique builds, purely because you're useless without sets.

I can't read the mod descriptions on mobile. Small and blurry. 

On principle, I don't like sets, unless they bring something unique, they restrict flexibility, and if they are too good, poof, flexibility annihilated, and if they aren't good enough, more wasted space in loot tables. 

Just now, Klaleara said:

My friend and I were literally talking yesterday about how awesome Warframe is compared to something like WoW.  Purely because Warframe just lets you do whatever the hell you want.  While WoW constantly tries to force players into niches.

To me, sets are a step towards trying to force players into specific niches.  I hope we don't see the end of outrageous/silly/unique builds, purely because you're useless without sets.

I've played a couple games that had sets (most of the time armor sets), and everytime I tried to complete one, It would take so long that my stuff (of the set) would not so slowly become too weak for the enemies I was fighting and the bonuses I had with the set was far from enough. That's why I always keep better pieces of armor (for example) with me, just in case I need to be at my best.

The problem with sets is that the individual pieces aren't that good in general, but you just want the effect, but most of the time, the effect (+ the effects of the set pieces) is not as good as what you would get with the random things you have.

None of these effect are mandatory, the only one that is remotely  meta-like is the Crit chance on combo which basically is a weaker version of Blood  Rush. Most people will just go for the simple solution and just put a BR in there and not modify their builds around just for this. 

4 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

On principle, I don't like sets, unless they bring something unique

Far from unique. One is Shield regen when using abilities ( I think there's an Aura like that), litteraly Blood Rush and some Primary crit thing that's isn't detailed enough to understand clearly (but it's probably just a CC and CD buff or like the Smeeta crit buff).

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

I like the idea of Squad based mods,but for the love of god i do hope so very much we get a seperate unique slot for those mods,otherwise i see no reason whatsoever to use those mods since we already got mods for our own frame or weapon that are equal to the full set bonus

PS: I hope those are going to be squad based mods...

Edited by Serenna187

Figured out how to zoom in, Vigilante Offense could have use for me in a single weapon if "enhanced crits" is good, and are useable with only 1 mod, though that's a really low chance of activation, replacing Shred, but otherwise I'm underwhelmed. 

Edited by Kinetos