Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Prize, the Plains, and a concern

Bengosha

I really hope someone from the staff team sees this..

I was rewatching the prime time showing the new focus stuff in more detail and i caught that entry to the plains is restricted to only those that had finished Vor's Prize. I sorta skipped doing it as that was an option when it was first introduced and being MR 18 at the time, I scoffed muttering something like "I dont need a tutorial quest.." and now I sit here with everything complete aside from that one quest.

Keeping this in mind, how screwed am I when the update drops?

b348953ed21f8a32601a40c0a779c9e2.jpg

Edited by Bengosha

well without finishing vors prize you have been only getting damaged mods so that has been hindering your builds. Since they are weaker than the undamaged counter parts you have.
I don't see a reason why not to have done that quest long time ago as i enjoyed doing all quests that popped up

contact support an ask them what they can do if you cant do the quest at all with this picture you have

Edited by (XB1)ShadowBlood89

I would think the requirement to access the plains is more tied to having all functions unlocked than directly looking if you have the quest finished. Since those who skipped Vor's Price have every base mechanic unlocked, i'm sure you will be able to access the plains even without Vor's Price finished.

No problem has so far ever come out of having skipped the Tutorial at the time of release.

13 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Wait. So when Vor's Prize was released, some people didn't bother to do the quest because "tutorials, pleh"? Interesting. 

I feel like a lot of us skipped it because we didn't want to have parts of our previously fully functional liset locked behind a (at the time) bug riddled mess of a tutorial. Since then it has been fixed and DE has been saying they'd find a way for veterans to complete it, but so far nothing.

5 hours ago, Aoden said:

I feel like a lot of us skipped it because we didn't want to have parts of our previously fully functional liset locked behind a (at the time) bug riddled mess of a tutorial. Since then it has been fixed and DE has been saying they'd find a way for veterans to complete it, but so far nothing.

I see the logic behind that argument. Still, I find it strange that the same system that was used during release can't be used now. I mean, wasn't there basically just a box with "do you want to do Vor's Prize?"

11 hours ago, Bengosha said:

I really hope someone from the staff team sees this..

I was rewatching the prime time showing the new focus stuff in more detail and i caught that entry to the plains is restricted to only those that had finished Vor's Prize. I sorta skipped doing it as that was an option when it was first introduced and being MR 18 at the time, I scoffed muttering something like "I dont need a tutorial quest.." and now I sit here with everything complete aside from that one quest.

Keeping this in mind, how screwed am I when the update drops?

b348953ed21f8a32601a40c0a779c9e2.jpg

When you skipped it, it counted for you. DE just never updated the Quest screen to show Vor's Prize completed. It doesn't show for me either.

On 10/7/2017 at 7:19 AM, Lakais said:

Wait. So when Vor's Prize was released, some people didn't bother to do the quest because "tutorials, pleh"? Interesting. 

Yep ;-;...... I'm one of them. I had come back from a hiatus when it asked me if i wanted to try the new tutorial - my response was "...I already know how to play the game.." *clicks skip button*.  Had i known it was an actual quest at the time I would have done it x.x.... All of my regret, as now that last blurry spot in my codex  torments me :')..

Same i did the Vor's Prize when i first started playing and it showed completed in the codex, Then i think when they updated the star chart so you could start over or bypass it if you wanted mine shows as not completed now and is blurred out............ It should be fine as you would not be able to do the other quest...........

On 10/7/2017 at 4:06 AM, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

well without finishing vors prize you have been only getting damaged mods so that has been hindering your builds. Since they are weaker than the undamaged counter parts you have.
I don't see a reason why not to have done that quest long time ago as i enjoyed doing all quests that popped up

contact support an ask them what they can do if you cant do the quest at all with this picture you have

That's not the case here. Only time I get broken mods is when im helping people kill Vor for the first time 

As for why i skipped it; I missed that it was the start if the quest system. I saw no lack of completion marker as there wasn't anything in my codex for it to track and I didn't feel the need to repeat information to myself that I spend all day teaching others.

For the most part, my concern for if it will affect me has passed but I feel the information regarding that has crossed the minds of a few others as well. So, useful to have such questions around.