Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Focus Lens system: Time to kiss o your Tennos goodbye!

It's nearly the 2 year anniversary for The (FLS)Focus Lens system (birth of The Second Dream). Personally, it took me a year to fully master my Naramon, and somewhat longer I guess to complete the 4 other lens without focusing on a particular Focus. However now I hear that's all about to end. Why? From simple observation of the old, & new Focus trees, Warframe is about to take a huge leep away from actual Warframes, and move to our operator avatar.   Any team options, on every lens in FLS1 cost a time penalty that costed 4 times longer to activate. So it's needless to say, that this discourage(s/ed) using anything but a lens' 3 Passive options. After 22 months of using these Passives, they become a innergrated part of your fighting style. Now D.E. is erasing everything I've worked, and toiled for, for the past 22 months, because they want to move the game focus to the Operators.  FLS2, instead of just adding operator options to the existing trees (they are called branches), shattered the lens, reforming them in the image of a Operator based game.  Seeing the sheer number of Operator options alone screams at us who is suppose to be using them.  So what do I do with 38 rusting Tennos (damn all that wasted time & money)?  My fighting style, time, energy, money, and Tennos are relics of a fleeting past.  "Now' armor up you Tennos Scum, and put them damn robots down."                 P.S. While you're at it, you might as well change the name from Warframe.                     

It won't be anywhere near an Operator based game. Your time was not wasted on your Warframes, the passives work totally differently, and pretty much the entire thing will be different. You are so dramatic about changes that haven't happened yet Dx

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

It's nearly the 2 year anniversary for The (FLS)Focus Lens system (birth of The Second Dream). Personally, it took me a year to fully master my Naramon, and somewhat longer I guess to complete the 4 other lens without focusing on a particular Focus. However now I hear that's all about to end. Why? From simple observation of the old, & new Focus trees, Warframe is about to take a huge leep away from actual Warframes, and move to our operator avatar.   Any team options, on every lens in FLS1 cost a time penalty that costed 4 times longer to activate. So it's needless to say, that this discourage(s/ed) using anything but a lens' 3 Passive options. After 22 months of using these Passives, they become a innergrated part of your fighting style. Now D.E. is erasing everything I've worked, and toiled for, for the past 22 months, because they want to move the game focus to the Operators.  FLS2, instead of just adding operator options to the existing trees (they are called branches), shattered the lens, reforming them in the image of a Operator based game.  Seeing the sheer number of Operator options alone screams at us who is suppose to be using them.  So what do I do with 38 rusting Tennos (damn all that wasted time & money)?  My fighting style, time, energy, money, and Tennos are relics of a fleeting past.  "Now' armor up you Tennos Scum, and put them damn robots down."                 P.S. While you're at it, you might as well change the name from Warframe.                     

If you dont like change , dont play an online game . Focus is crap right now , only 2 usefull things (an stupidly overpower) to choose .

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Every now and then ill get revived by viazarin, and all i can think is "why are you using that?"

Vazarin is the best. The instant revive can revive 3 ppl with 1 click  and you don't have to stand in heavy fire doing so.

OP, in case you had misplaced the thread you made on the very same topic (yesterday), here it is.

Although I don't blame you for not wanting to go back to that thread. It feels like no one had actually agreed with you. Very unwelcoming. I am sure that this (equally misinformed and tragic thread) will not fare much better.

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Every now and then ill get revived by viazarin, and all i can think is "why are you using that?"

And I will say "so would you prefer if stood over you for 10s instead of immediatly throwing you back in action?"

4 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Don't think you understand the benefit then.

Anyways, regarding the op, the confused emoji would be rather suitable here.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

You're a Founder, you know how much this game has changed.

You'd be amazed how many founders I've been running into that are low MR and completely clueless of the game. (To the point I swear they must be bought accounts because they don't even seem to know closed or open beta stuff)

I've used Unairu the entire 2 years because its description describes my preferred playstyle/role in most games, that's what focus sold me on. It's about time DE made sure all the focus trees enhance their respective playstyles meaningfully rather than just add more cheese to the game, I have been completely unaffected by the lack of 4 energy per second regen or permanent invisibility in anything I do. At worst I've simply spent the occasional day wondering to myself who at DE said "Don't give Unairu more than 12% bonus armor, that'd be OP" but then also said "4 energy per second in Zenurik? Yeah that's fine."

Edited by Beartornado