Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators... Focus 2.0... screw you, both

Toran

If I had to single out the worst element of Warframe it would be the introduction of Operators to the game. Not because I don't like them per se or their background story... no, it's the obstruction of the game flow that came with the Operators. Their apparition on the battlefield makes zero sense. If they're strong enough to materialize there, they should be able to weave their "magic" through the Warframes, too. Instead you're forced to jump in and out of your frames to do as challenging tasks as pull a lever or stun a kuva guard...

I can't tell I'm very excited about Focus 2.0, especially after learning it will focus even more on Operators. I'll leave that to others... Yeah, I was a Naramon student, it allowed me to play any cheesy frame I wanted to without too much worry about survivability. So it's back to Meta-Frames now, no problem...

But I won't play those bloody, awkward Operators any more, to hell with em - even if it means mission failure.

Edited by Toran

2 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

I'm afraid your stubbornness will only bring you more frustration and pain. 

I don't think so, I have all the means to bypass those elements, I just wanted to vent my anger about a game element that totally feels wrong in place. Go, do some Kuva missions... it's usually just one or two guys doing the stuns and captures, the others have not a clue. Bravo, the game will focus some more on that.

It's pretty damn obvious DE is creating a "learning" story for Operators.
They said it themselves, it's a conversion from an "emo kid" to "a warrior".

Operators are here to stay, and their mechanics will evolve with time.

Edited by Shifted

Well ill use them, unlike most people ive read here i actually want the unfinished mechanics of this game to improve because i care about the game and not only my personal tastes about warframes or operators.

I also hope they make operators useful once and for all and if possible optional to use or not depending on what playstyle you like more.

I mean, I rather like the Operators, they introduced something *completely* new to the game which could grow stale quite quickly.

And honestly, I'm happy they want to expand upon them because we've all played our Mags, Mesas, Chromas, Volts, etc so much already, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to play as our "traumatized teen super soldiers" every once in a while in a way that warframes can't do due to having specialized gameplay over specific abilities that you've used countless times the last 4 or 6 years.

I can certainly understand not wanting to feel forced to use something you don't, but the "operator' is the Tenno, your character who can control a warframe. While I understand how you feel and sympathize with losing the Focus schools; its possible that Tenno and the Focus replacement tied to them could be used well. I feel its maybe best to give it a try first and see how it warms or chills.

That

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

So does that mean you won't participate in Eidolon fights at all or you won't pull your weight with your kiddo when your team needs it?

That kiddo won't pull any weight. It pulls levers, that's all. I'd really be surprised if Operators bring anything more useful to a fight but flipping a switch that's otherwise locked to your warframe. I really hope you guys are in the majority...

11 minutes ago, Atekron said:

not rly, kuva and now eidolons

Are riven rerolls obligatory? Are eidolons required to be spared/killed for progression past TWW?
You misunderstand what optional & obligatory content is. Junctions are obligatory to progress. Getting endless Kuva for Rivens isn't. 

1 hour ago, Toran said:

Go, do some Kuva missions... it's usually just one or two guys doing the stuns and captures, the others have not a clue. Bravo, the game will focus some more on that.

You say you refuse to play operators, but you also complain about people refusing to play operators to help the team..? Isn't that the exact thing you plan on doing in plains of eidolon? Just leech instead of help during the boss fight?

Edited by Navarchus

14 minutes ago, Atekron said:

not rly, kuva and now eidolons

Last I checked, Kuva and Eidolons don't even make up 10% of the game, so really it is more than 90% optional to use the operators. If you don't like the operators, don't use them, but that is your loss. Personally I like the changes coming to our kiddos, because it will require us to be more active and less passive about the benefits that focus brings. I am a zenurik main and even I feel it is broken to press literally one button and get 4 energy per second for the duration of the mission. The update will require us to be more tactical and skilled with how we use focus. They are improving operator mechanics and making them less clunky to use, if you are seriously getting butthurt, then you are just reaaaaallly lazy. You can't take a couple of seconds every now and then to use the operator? They are even giving us reworked passives anyway! But apparently that is not good enough for some people.

Edited by Logan_Burns2

Just now, Gweredith said:

It's because of whiners like you that a great concept like archwing is still in an underdeveloped state, and now you also want to ruin the progression of another aspect of the game. 

I believe the Plains will definitely breathe new life into the archwings. Make Archwings Great Again.

43 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Only thing I dislike of operators is their goddamn slow run speed and falling damage.

With the option to incrase movment speed and dash speed with naramon + now having the ability to slide with operator they seem to move abit better.

1 hour ago, mstriker said:

Thats a fallacy. Also i dont see why you are so butthurt over sometging that is optional 90% of the time.

It would be cool that it was 100% of the time but still you dont use it that much do you?

Why I don't agree with any form of herd mentality, there seems to be a underline issue with operators and the perception of them within the Warframe player base, so maybe DE should finally take a notice ^^

OP on the other side should go and research what he is talking about, this topic seems like it was created by someone that has NOT seen what is the new Operator system.

Focus 2.0 in a nutshell ;

"ZENURIK MEN" Can be any another schools with such buffs...

Except : Defenses, Mobile Defense, Maybe few maps with Interception

All missions will look like this ^_^

Game after Focus 2.0:

• ZENURIK MEN : Guys energy bubble here!
  • SQUAD : NO RESPONSE
  • ZENURIK MEN : GUYS! HELOOOOO! ENERGY HERE!!!!
  • SQUAD : NO RESPONSE
  • GAME : 3/4 Players waiting near extraction.

ZENURIK MEN : He is not even in 30% of way to the end ^_^