Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Line in Warframe?

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

lol, most belong to a certain pool... which are all related to the Operator's views on the Corpus.  Let me dissect some:

• These Corpus remind me of the Orokin, selfish, greedy.

While this one in itself isn't bad it does get old after awhile...

• Corpus technology won't be enough to stop us.

This one is actually fine.   Still, I find it humorous when I fight them with their own weapons, killing them quite well.

• So... the Corpus are just a cult, worshiping money.

Ugh.  This is when things start to become cringe worthy.  It's fine in context, but I have a bad feeling about. . .

• Okay, ready to blast these machines into spare parts?

But what about the crewmen, dear Operator?  Okay, I'm just being picky here. =P

• We'll put an end to this Corpus greed.

That bad feeling I had earlier is intensifying...

• They'll have plenty of Robotics. Corpus never fight for themselves.

THIS ONE.  It makes me want to shove my Operator out an airlock.  C'mon, DE.  Just how dense are our space kids?  Are they completely ignorant of the crewmen they slay by the thousands?  I just... my eye twitches every time I hear it because while there are plenty of robotics to deal with there are also plenty of crewmen who valiantly try to fight what could be described as a torrent of death with their name on it.  They fight well, they die well.  I wish my Operator could see that.

• Corpus have tech weapons, we'll need to be careful.

... this is more of a silly 'durr' remark.  It was fine when I first heard it, but now it just makes my Operator sound like he has memory loss after every battle.

• Watch for security systems.

Same as above but not as bad.  Overall, their interaction with the Corpus is just silly and brings me to this unease I have.  They sound like they were plucked from college campuses from around the world, after attending smelly protest marches on Wall Street.  That said, however, I think this could easily be remedied if say we had more intelligible lines that focused more on what actual crimes the Corpus have committed against innocents rather than being all 'DERP, CORPUS ARE GREEDY COWARDS.'

On 10.10.2017 at 20:01, BornWithTeeth said:

Guys. It's like whoever did the writing was told "The Operators are children," and went into a sort of mental vapour lock where they said "Cool. I know how to write children," and completely forgot that they were supposed to be writing the Tenno.

This so much

I remember in the War within quest Teshin being all like "You think you are safe behind this metal. But not in ways that matter here. Behind this (warframe) you are still just a child."

Teshin, being a fearsome Warrior himself warns us about an enemy ahead, to powerful for us. he knows, or thinks to know, that for the first time, warframes and all their cool toys are no use for us, as its not gunpower required to succeed but wisdom and willpower which Teshin believes the operator lacks.

And how does the Operator try to convince Teshin that hes capable of handling such a threat, that he is wise and experienced enough because hes not just a child, but a Void-demon capable of things mere mortals dont even dare to dream of?

"Stahp saying that  :(:(:("

Spoken like a true Warrior...

Edit: also, why the duck did my forum language change to french all the sudden?

Edited by Elrond_McBong

Most anything the Operator says in generic missions for reasons already outlined.  Although my favorite has probably been...

Lotus:  "You have let the hostage die.  This mission is a failure."

Operator:  "..."

Operator:  "FOR THE LOTUS!"

But things like "My Warframe is strong", "Transference still holding", and "That was a close one" are pretty bad.  I also really hate stuff like "Marking the map" since other players can't hear your Operator say that, so its literally pointless.

Also, anything Lotus says that is redundant or stating the obvious.  Yes Lotus, I know how Spy missions work, stop telling me.  Yes, I tried turning off tutorial transmissions, but it only affects some of them and also affects some actually useful ones, like informing you someone reset the alarms so you stop looking for the console yourself.

I also really hate the new Cetus merchants.  Why do they get so friggin' pissy if I don't buy anything?  I wanna take their wares and shove them down their throat every time they complain I didn't spend money.  I mean, I'm not giving them anything anyway, just throwing away my prestige for their weapon component blueprint, so they have no benefit from me buying anything anyway.  I don't want to get insulted every time I browse someone's wares for the first time or am doing a quick check to see how much I need for a certain item.  (Also, looking at you Baro, chewing me out every time I go to get Ducats.)

The entire final mission of Octavia's Anthem probably also qualifies.  *Cringes*

Edited by Hearsay

3 minutes ago, Sin1989 said:

"the odds were against us, tenno, but we did it."

Too true.  I'm not the best Warframe player, but I'm pretty good.  The odds most certainly were NOT against me, and the Lotus saying so feels like a neg.

Have a little more faith in me, space mom.

9 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

"combat formation bravo"

"leave my mom out of this"

basicly all the old lines, and curpus were completely silent or maybe them and moas had the same lines, other then random yelling when spawning.

those was the bust !

15 hours ago, Elrond_McBong said:

This so much

I remember in the War within quest Teshin being all like "You think you are safe behind this metal. But not in ways that matter here. Behind this (warframe) you are still just a child."

Teshin, being a fearsome Warrior himself warns us about an enemy ahead, to powerful for us. he knows, or thinks to know, that for the first time, warframes and all their cool toys are no use for us, as its not gunpower required to succeed but wisdom and willpower which Teshin believes the operator lacks.

And how does the Operator try to convince Teshin that hes capable of handling such a threat, that he is wise and experienced enough because hes not just a child, but a Void-demon capable of things mere mortals dont even dare to dream of?

Je ne sais pas

just like Orcus imperium and sh3kvothe said...

"my warframe is strong"

yeah maybe when im usin some of my power houses... but pull out the frail and weak mag or equinox (both of them are not quite finished build wise) and suddenly the line makes absolutly zero sense...  now it it becomes freakin hilarious when my operator says when im on my chroma,  my loadout makes an ice chroma's defensive potential moot

On 11/4/2017 at 1:36 PM, Elrond_McBong said:

This so much

Teshin just wanted to be the scary uncle to keep us away from the worm ladies.