Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legendary Foma - A New Way To Forma

(XBOX)TheMadCash

So I’ve made a thread for which someone replied with an interesting idea that I’d thought I share. Possible legendary reward for either POE or Sorties. Legendary Forma. A forma for which you can use on any maxed equipment to add a polarity without reseting the target equipment level. This could ease up a bit on how much time we spend on leveling equipment.

Thoughts?

Credit: (PS4)NineChoirs

Maybe as a rare crate reward or replace the sculptures or something in the sortie drop table. I'd rather not have more gunk in our already somewhat gunked up sortie drop table.

PoE reward could be okay as long as it doesn't interfere with eidolon drop tables. 

Edited by nickelshark

Yeah this would have had to have been in the game about 3 years ago to matter. Now it literally takes 15 minutes to go from 1-30. Only way they could make a Legendary Forma matter now is if worked the same as a forma, but allowed you to polarize, say, 3 slots for 1 reset. Even then it doesn't really matter much. But the not-resetting thing doesn't matter much at all.

I mean... I don't see why not? I'd rather not muck up the Sortie pool any more than it already is and I can't really see this forma being all that useful when ~15 waves of Hydron is all it takes to get a single weapon to 30 without a booster but... I mean... I guess it doesn't hurt a whole lot?

It's not a terrible idea, in theory. It's just that it's making an already short, easy process even shorter and easier.

So as a follow up to your previous thread about paying plat to instantly level a weapon, you came up with a different solution.

It's not as bad as your previous suggestion, I don't see much use out of it as all it does is skip some of the grind, when there are already effective methods to grind.

The only good idea is a special forma that adds 2 polarities to a single slot, limited to 1 per weapon. These 2 polarities will allow say Redirection to be placed on it while cutting costs in half like normal, or putting on continuity with same cost cutting results.

This won't happen, but it's better than a forma that adds a polarity without the fun of leveling the weapon...

Viewing your other thread earlier, I have determined this:

Farming affinity in this game is part of, if not the main progression. At no point should we get the ability to skip this. Whether it is a kiosk or “legendary” forma, we should never have a way to skip affinity grind. It is the base structure of this game, and bypassing it would be about the same as buying a Mastery Rank for platinum. I don’t support this idea and think polarizing gear is perfectly fine the way it is.

EDIT: It is clear what your agenda is from this thread here and also this thread: 

Edited by --Q--Voltage

A popular suggestion for a "Super Forma" is to allow it to have a Universal Polarity that cuts any mod's drain in half. This idea, as many others have stated, seems to just be a slightly more convenient forma for low MR players as higher MR players already have 20-24/30 mod points immediately upon forma'ing. It's actually better to have this EARLIER in the game rather than later, making the "Legendary" status kinda a moot point.

No, everyone should suffer the endless grind. What they should add is visible muscle tone added to whatever you forma every time you forma so everyone can physically see how much forma experience it has gained in it's lifetime. My Ignis Wraith for example would have insane abs right now.

One thing no one in this thread has thought of yet. Use this legendary Forma and then use a normal Forma, two polarity slots done at once.

If they did add this tho, I don't think many people would put in the effort to get it. Altho as others have said, having it add 3 polarity slots insted of just one would make it much better.