The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding supply caches for Bounties

Easier2Hax

The only time i failed this mission was my first attempt as i didn't knew what i was looking for (as neither any of my allys did as it seemed) The timelimit feels more than long enough to search such a small area with the tools we are given. Maybe they could remove in cave spawns and reduce the area for lower tier bountys to build in some learning curve...

or hey give kittys and kubrows the ability to lead you to em! (would be a nice addition for those)

If you search em with 4 people it shouldnt be hard to find em in less than 2 minutes even without detector mods, if you play alone or with unrelieable allies just bring a R2 or 4 thiefs wit and run a search pattern... with bulletjumping it should still be easy to find em all in less than half the given time... and it is not like you don't get that mod from advancing in the story (mars junction) or that you need so many modslots that you can't afford to bring one into the plains....

other than that the only thing that bothers me with this is that it's sometimes hard to interact with the caches (atleast on ps4) i often run arround em several times before i find a point where i am able to open em with the interaction prompt.

With, or without, a radar mod, simply circle the area near the outer edge (staying inside the yellow circle). The caches are usually around the outside edges. If you only find 2 that way, then cross through the middle. Keep an eye open as well as an ear for their sounds, of course. Only trick can come from caves. That's were the radar mod comes in handy as it tells you up/down of the item on the mini-map. Without the mod, then you'll just have to run any cave there. Will be before the new Grineer doors at least, so you don't need to look past that point.

Spoiler

90% of the time, the 3 caches form a rough triangle pattern. This is due to the programmers wanting maximum distance between the caches to make it "more of a challenge". This is also why the caches are near the outer edges of the area most times. The rng's that pop in caves and in the middles are simply to throw off people that figure this out. It's a fairly common practice in game item placements. It's also completely lazy programming.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon

On 10/15/2017 at 9:44 PM, Kaotyke said:

Dude, whenever I go into the HoE for Bounties:

3552FB2E6FA3D2515058C85A1DA24C39AF67588B548D466FD231C5277B765671C8A3C0D3DFE64355latest?cb=20171007135217

ALL 3 of them (Or just the later 2), Animal Instinct on its own is NOT relyable enough. Specially if its a Sentinel and it runs out of revives.

You have the means to complete the mission, use them.

@Easier2Hax

Have these 3 or even just animal instinct on, and run in spiral patterns from the outer edge. If you have 2 people it should go really quick.

I can't recommend equipping a scanner enough.  There is a tinkling sound when you get close, but often there is too much other noise (and I don't have a good sound system) to determine where the cache is.  I just parkour around the outside edge of the circle, hitting the scanner (doesn't matter codex or synthesis) and look for the orange cache glow (I scanned everything else so they are green).  As mentioned, that usually gets at least two of them if not all three.  After completing a complete circuit (or two if I was sloppy), I begin moving to the center of more checking the more common hiding spots first.  Finally, if there is a cave I go searching there last as I tend to get turned around since I don't go in them that often.  The last bit of advice I can give is the last cache may have the yellow circle adjust itself after a while reducing in size and usually centering itself more on the cache. 

I don't really like the supply cache segment.  However, public bounties work now. Supply caches are one of the shorter segments, especially in a group, which I much rather have than either Liberate Camp or Armored Vault segments.  They used to be much, much harder when the caches were invisible to the scanners.  I think they are in a good spot now.  They aren't exactly automatic, but it is rare to fail them solo and almost unheard of in a full squad.

It's really not that hard. Check in a spiral pattern starting from the outer edge. Listen for the hum. If you're hearing impaired or just don't have sound on, loot radar is a must. I haven't failed a single one of these yet, though I did come close a few times before they extended the time limit and made the hum audible from father away. To be fair, I have had a lot of practice hunting caches in sabotage missions and syndicate tokens in syndicate missions. So, practice makes perfect.

TL;DR - Try, try again. I know it's frustrating to fail, but such is life.

While I don't like this, I have gotten decent at finding them.   I typically take a sniper rifle to the plains I get to a high spot and sweep the landscape scoped, most of the time I can find them that way then the ones I don't see have to be around the rocks/hut which I can usually hear  when I go by to look.

I found my favorite frame to go through and solo bounties even the higher-level ones is Oberon.    a decent build you can get about 400 extra armor and close to 80 Regen  put a rage mod on their Phoenix renewal the harder they hit you the more energy you have to hit them back irradate the ground half of them fight each other while you slaughter them.   Even the level 60 bounties the armor in regen are enough to just about ignore everything and let them refill your energy bar.   This is particularly Handy in this particular phase since you don't have to care about the enemies that much and you can focus more on looking.

I typically solo bounties now because I've had Bounty progress destroyed from host migrations one too many times.

Turn music to 0. Crank up SFX. Run around and profit as you don't even have to look for them since the high pitched hum is so audible from great range. For me at least, the audio is the most direct way to find them beyond anything else - which is a bummer when I want to listen to music >.>

Edited by Frosthaven83

On 10/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, Easier2Hax said:

Every time my friend and i fail on the hardest bounty mission is due to having to find these caches on the plains. They hard to see as is with the grass covering them or wherever else they are. I try listen for them but that impossible with endless enemies being dropped by the ships, the ships flying around, area sounds like world war 3 with explosions, gunshots and my own abilities going off. The time limit always runs out before i can find all 3. It's super annoying as you do 3 of the 5 parts of the bounty then the 4th thing is this supply cache. We always fail it then all that time put into the previous tasks goes to waste.

Anyone else finding these a bit annoying to deal with or perhaps have some tips for me?

I use an easy way

I normally do bounties with Volt, i go round in circles (starting from the borders  and work my way in)

don't look to your screen , just on the mini map

The caches will appear on it

and with the speed of volt, you can circle the area in less than a minute and see on your mini map their location

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

I would have wondered what your issue was before tonight; failed the last part of a bounty after failing to find the last cache. Wasn't a huge area, 4 of us couldn't find it? I couldn't see it, couldn't hear it, wasn't detecting anything on minimap... my technique is the same as many have said, circle the outside and work in. I'm convinced it was glitched and didn't spawn somewhere accessible if at all.

My first time encountering any trouble though, usually find these pretty simple. Especially at night as they give off a pretty strong orange glow.

Once you get a feel for them, Cache bounties aren't that difficult. 19 times out of 20, all caches spawn near the edge of the yellow zone and are spaced equally apart. After finding the first cache, imagine cutting the yellow zone into three equal pie slices. The other two caches will almost always be in their own seperate slice.

Using at least one Loot Radar mod (Animal Instinct is enough for me), I skirt the area just inside the zone, watching for blips on the minimap and listening for the hum of the caches. If I'm stuck, I'll head up to high ground (or Bullet Jump, or Skywing) and then look for the caches,  or for objects and structures that would obstruct my view of them. Then I investigate those objects.

Edited by SenorClipClop

On 10/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kaotyke said:

Dude, whenever I go into the HoE for Bounties:

3552FB2E6FA3D2515058C85A1DA24C39AF67588B548D466FD231C5277B765671C8A3C0D3DFE64355latest?cb=20171007135217

ALL 3 of them (Or just the later 2), Animal Instinct on its own is NOT relyable enough. Specially if its a Sentinel and it runs out of revives.

You have the means to complete the mission, use them.

I'm fine with just animal instinct... I don't want to waste slots on my warframe :)

Tips for those who don't have loot mods:

1 - They never spawn close to each other. Don't waste time searching in areas you've found one

2 - They often spawn on the edges of the area, often in places that are easily missed like behind a rock ledge or in plain sight, blending into the background

3 - Some require you to unlock vaults or go into caves. If you seriously can't find them, unlock all the vaults ASAP

4 - Just get the loot mods :P

On 12/4/2017 at 11:01 AM, NSDBL said:

Tips for those who don't have loot mods:

1 - They never spawn close to each other. Don't waste time searching in areas you've found one

2 - They often spawn on the edges of the area, often in places that are easily missed like behind a rock ledge or in plain sight, blending into the background

3 - Some require you to unlock vaults or go into caves. If you seriously can't find them, unlock all the vaults ASAP

4 - Just get the loot mods :P

Also, use your Codex Scanner.