The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm done with fishing and PoE

I'd rather not get caught up in the toxic cesspool that is negative ranting, but I thought I'd share a fact from the most recent hotfix:

-Fishing Blueprints are now Reusable.

Unfortunately you do not retroactively gain back the standing you've spent to buy the previously single-use blueprints, but maybe at least someone will find solace in this?

I, for one, am enjoying Plains of Eidolon and every single hotfix since release has made it better.

16 minutes ago, Teksorbkyva said:

I'd rather not get caught up in the toxic cesspool that is negative ranting

Except not all of us are simply spitting out venom and calling it a day.

A good number of us are actively voicing concerns and disagreements about design decisions made by DE, explaining WHY we're concerned and why we don't like / agree with said decisions and in some cases have even tried to offer possible solutions that would benefit all players. We love this game and only want to see it do well and function well.

Please don't lump us concerned fans with mindless casual haters. Thanks.

Right now, we feel that all is not well with the game. We see some good with the update, but there's too much that's wrong. Glossing over and trying to overlook the glaring and blatantly obvious issues that have been introduced with PoE does the game - and its player-base - a horrible disservice.

1 hour ago, Mudfam said:

No. Are you just making this up?

Let me break it down and go by vendors.
Konzu: Leveling up doesn't require rare fish until you need Murkray Liver to get to rank 4 out of 5 (Cetus Wisps are the rarest thing before that).
Hai-Luk: Spears only require standing, and baits are unnecessary until you get through rank 3 and need the Murkray Liver (dyes are also unnecessary).
Hok: With the exception of two of the arcanes (which require rank 5), nothing he sells requires rare fish.
Old Man Suumbaat: Literally nothing he sells uses fish materials at all.
Nakak and Master Teasonai: Completely optional and doesn't require rare fishing materials anyways.

The only reason that any of the crafting requirements for the rank 0-3 gear could be listed as rare is if someone wants the fish to literally just be handed to them and won't bother to look at one page on the wiki and see where they spawn. The Quills shop is the only exception to this, and you're supposed to put in a lot of time for that.

Edit: Archwing requires fish oil, but 50 fish oil is really easy to get.

Edited by Yargami

8 minutes ago, Yargami said:

Supposed ease of acquisition still doesn't excuse or properly defend the fact that Archwing deployment on PoE is currently dependent on a resource that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If anything, Archwing deployment shouldn't even BE consumable gear.

23 minutes ago, Yargami said:

Konzu: Leveling up doesn't require rare fish until you need Murkray Liver to get to rank 4 out of 5 (Cetus Wisps are the rarest thing before that).
Hai-Luk: Spears only require standing, and baits are unnecessary until you get through rank 3 and need the Murkray Liver (dyes are also unnecessary).
Hok: With the exception of two of the arcanes (which require rank 5), nothing he sells requires rare fish.

High-end Hok and Suumbaat offerings are locked behind fishing for that simple reason.

Edited by Mattoropael

14 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

When you guys announced fishing for PoE, I said "please don't make me fish"...  you said "don't worry you won't HAVE to fish".  I thought "oh good, it'll be like wyrmius or flappy zephyr - fun little pass times for bored people."  But no, I was a freakin idiot to assume you weren't lying.  You based the entire expansion around fishing and the endless slog of a grind that it is.  Every part of this system is designed to waste as much time as possible from multiple levels of required baits that are non-reusable, cost huge amounts of rep, and have abysmally low success rates, to requiring said mats for every arbitrary thing in the whole damn expansion, requiring 3 different spears for all the kinds of fish (you increase the gear wheel size and it's literally nothing but spears now), and all while having very meager daily rep gain caps.  Even partnered content creators who play literally 10 hours a day are finding this system to be utterly intolerable and disrespectful of their time and energy.  If I wanted to get the parts required to make the items I want, I'd have to spend years doing nothing but fishing whenever I log in to warframe. 

A grand total of two gameplay items require fishing: Gara Systems, and the Zaw as a whole. And while Gara Systems require an annoyingly high number of eel guts (35) they're super common fish and you don't need to grind anything with bait. Beyond that fishing is about good for cosmetics and optional additional standing between bounties/incursion/gem hotspots

I think you're overreacting

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

A grand total of two gameplay items require fishing: Gara Systems, and the Zaw as a whole. And while Gara Systems require an annoyingly high number of eel guts (35) they're super common fish and you don't need to grind anything with bait. Beyond that fishing is about good for cosmetics and optional additional standing between bounties/incursion/gem hotspots

I think you're overreacting

WRONG.

Fishing is required for Operator progression (look at the resource requirements for all the Amp gear) and for use of Archwing gear on PoE as well.

Edited by MirageKnight

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

and for use of Archwing gear on PoE as well.

Funny, I didn't know Titania needed any fish guts

8 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Fishing is required for Operator progression

Considering how utterly little I care about anything the Quills do, say, or sell, that should tell you how necessary I continue to consider fishing

A Twitch streamer decided to sum up his fishing experience in PoE earlier today (NSFW - Language):

According to Reddit comments, he spent another 5 hours fishing to finally get enough Norg to harvest brains from. This was with a 2x resource booster to double the fish he got, so he could've been there a full 10 hours without!

Edited by Sennera

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Funny, I didn't know Titania needed any fish guts

You're arguing semantics and not everyone has Titania. While Titania has an ability that allows for Archwing flight on any land-based node (making her incredibly convenient on PoE), it's not the actual Archwing gear.

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Considering how utterly little I care about anything the Quills do, say, or sell, that should tell you how necessary I continue to consider fishing

Then your point is moot and doesn't matter one bit to this discussion. 

And both my points still stand seeing as you've failed to refute them with, you know, actual evidence. Which means you're still wrong.

15 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

And both my points still stand seeing as you've failed to refute them with, you know, actual evidence. Which means you're still wrong.

You mean the evidence that you only need fish for the Quills, the Zaws, and Gara systems? That evidence hasn't gone anywhere. You only need fishing for three things; one that requires an obscene amount of Sentient core grinding in the first place, so it was doomed from the start; one that yeah, it's worth mastery, but you can get it with common fish; and another that also requires common fish.

I mean if you care about the Quills then I guess that's some grind on top of the already bad grind they had without fish, but other than that fishing is almost entirely optional for actual gameplay-related matters. 

15 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

it's not the actual Archwing gear.

She counts as archwing for the achievement, so you don't need any fish to get the only archwing-related thing on PoE

Edited by TARINunit9

Currently I play another MMORPG where to fish, harvest herbs, hunt rabbits and cut wood, is placed in a much wider context, and where I love doing it. There are so many of them, the concept is as old as online games.

I loved this game because it was different: in Warframe I do not want to be a miner or a fisherman.
I am a @(*()$ space-ninja with a deadly exoskeleton, i descend from heaven with my shuttle, in the middle of the action, where it is required.

If I need materials, I steal them from enemy stocks or pull them out of their corpses.
I do not walk miles on foot. I have a pair of wings, even more powerful, suitable for both air and water, my Ordis calls these for me, when I need it, and with those I swear at the speed of light where I want.

That's why I do not want to spend my time with the harpoon in front of a puddle.
I want to explore the depths of the sea, instead.
If I have to fish, my prey must be monstrous sea giants that I can face them with my archwings, and their extraordinary weapons.
(I do not understand why they are now less resistant to a paper airplane, they fueled by fish oils, and they do not even use their own weapons. Disgusting)

Edited by SolaryaNDR113
formatting

15 hours ago, Mudfam said:

100% agree. I am completely disgusted by the fishing. The fishing itself isn't bad, as a sort of side mini game, but it get extremely boring and tedious very quickly.

The game is trying to force me spend hours of my precious time doing something I don't enjoy in the slightest, dumping hard earned standing into it that just goes *poof* into horrendous RNG and bugs.

Oh, if only! Maybe you've been blessed by the RNG gods or haven't gotten to the completely unreasonable grind for rare fish yet. I've spent who knows how many hours fishing and standing on non resuable blueprints for bait to get nothing but sore eyes. I can't even find confirmation that these fish actually exist. Frustration and rage levels: a gazillion.

the bait is reusable now

2 hours ago, Sennera said:

A Twitch streamer decided to sum up his fishing experience in PoE earlier today (NSFW - Language):

According to Reddit comments, he spent another 5 hours fishing to finally get enough Norg to harvest brains from. This was with a 2x resource booster to double the fish he got, so he could've been there a full 10 hours without!

Never laughed so much after watching this. Is it really that important? The man's going to shorten his life if he carries on like this.

18 hours ago, RacerDelux said:

@SoloTango POE is actually really good. There is just a small and very vocal subset of the player base that does not like it. When he said you "Have to fish" He means you will have to spend an hour or so getting fish.

It isn't. The release of PoE is the worst release Warframe has ever seen, even beating the atrocious Glast Gambit release.

The economy missed the mark by a mile, bugs and even -crashes- were rampant, and the bounty reward table is still downright $&*&*#(%&. Gara farming is a repeat of the Ne Zha debacle, the Amp's energy regen is a repeat of the failure of the Cycron, Saya's vigil is absolute garbage in terms of writing, and the entire plains are set up as a noob trap that are -very- likely to ward off any new players.

PoE is the absolute worst of Warframe. Ever.

7 hours ago, Yargami said:

Nakak and Master Teasonai: Completely optional and doesn't require rare fishing materials anyways.

The only reason that any of the crafting requirements for the rank 0-3 gear could be listed as rare is if someone wants the fish to literally just be handed to them and won't bother to look at one page on the wiki and see where they spawn. The Quills shop is the only exception to this, and you're supposed to put in a lot of time for that.

So some things don't require rare fish, just a lot of fish. Yay? Virtually everything requires fish: Amps, Ostron ranks, Gara, Archwing, Cosmetics, baits, Zaws. The amps are particularly bad though, being locked behind a pyramid of rare fish and baits that I refuse to climb, not now, not ever. Also, did you seriously just point out that fishing spears don't require fish parts to craft..?

There you go again with "you're supposed to put in a lot of time". I've put a lot of time into hunting sentient bosses (I've killed ~50) working like mad to try to circumvent bugs, I will put more in and I I'm willing to put a lot of time and effort into everything else, but I want to play Warframe, a high mobility combat game, not stare at a puddle for hours waiting for a fish to appear. How can you not get this?!

7 hours ago, Teksorbkyva said:

I'd rather not get caught up in the toxic cesspool that is negative ranting, but...

I've repeatedly given my feedback in a perfectly constructive and calm format. What I find absolutely infuriating and introduces some toxicity in my posts is the blind fanboyism of white knights trying to invalidate the perfectly legitimate concerns of people giving feedback. That is complete BS and those people need to back the F*** off. Stop attacking people giving feedback, it's ridiculous. Some of these idiots even went as far as posting in the comments of a 100% accurate PC Gamer review claiming that they've been paid by rival game companies to make PoE look bad. :facepalm:

And then the irony of someone telling you to give constructive feedback, when you're doing exactly that and they say "nah, everything is fine" denying facts and then complaining when you escalate to drive your point home. No, it's not bloody fine! Stop denying facts.

I've said it before, the plains themselves are great IMO and I really enjoy the Teralyst boss fights. There's a bunch of things I think need adjustment, such as the still awful bounty rewards, but the only thing I really have a problem with is the required massive time investment in fishing. I can just about survive a small amount of fishing, but having progress locked behind hours of it is totally unacceptable to me.

Edited by Mudfam

21 hours ago, RacerDelux said:

@SoloTango POE is actually really good. There is just a small and very vocal subset of the player base that does not like it. When he said you "Have to fish" He means you will have to spend an hour or so getting fish.

"actually" and then putting your own opinion. This guy sure is objective enough. (not agreeing with you and not mindlessly praising devs does not mean being a "vocal minority" FYI)

Edited by Vance.Stubbs

I can only agree.
The spawnrates when fishing is the biggest crap ever.
On the one hand, the fish spawn superspiring or not a single time, whether with or without bait. Moreover,
I tear my &#!, farm like a disabled the materials for the bait, throw the bait into the water and ... get nothing. not a single fish for the bait! not even another. all bait used and not a single fish seen. (of course, not all at once)

Thanks that one of the most important elements in the new game is so playful.
It gives me great pleasure to stand for hours on the stupid coast and only once every 10 minutes a not rare 2kg fish to see. (Not)

19 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

If you knew how to properly use the bait, it wouldn't be so bad and you wouldn't be wasting so much time.

Follow this: 

if this works¿? and no one notice or comented on this post¿?... didnt read any response to this... :S

1 minute ago, DarkDemonXR69 said:

if this works¿? and no one notice or comented on this post¿?... didnt read any response to this... :S

I've been trying it and I've only had it work once. When it does work, the splashes disappear immediately and a bunch of fish spawn. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do it more than once over the span of a few hours. 

Just now, Sennera said:

I've been trying it and I've only had it work once. When it does work, the splashes disappear immediately and a bunch of fish spawn. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do it more than once over the span of a few hours. 

Then is again the magical RNG¿? ... :S

3 minutes ago, DarkDemonXR69 said:

this doesn't work for me. i trow over 50 baits für murkray in these spots (in coast line) and get nothing. only all few minutes a simply 2kg fish.

You know a design choice went terribly wrong when everyone hates it and your twitch streamer partners hates its more than anything else live on camera, for anyone to see. That is good marketing. I am surprise someone at DE thought people would love that kind of nonsense. Why don't they just ask people first before wasting time making these garbages?

- Hey guys, we are planning on adding a completely irrelevant fishing mini-game that will be absolutely highly dependent on RNG and required to advance or craft nearly everything on the next update. What do you think of this?

- It is garbage. Don't do this cuz no one will find it fun and people play games for fun. You might drive people away from your game with this nonsense.

- Ok, we won't do it. Thanks for your feedback.

See? Simple, efficient and would save them a lot of resources and a lot of your patience. But no...here, have this disgusting minigame shoved down your throats. Enjoy.

Edited by Anthraxicus