Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deleting Original Frames when getting the Prime Version

Crowshrink

I keep mine as well, in many I invested time, potatoes and formas. It would feel like a waste to delete them, but mostly I keep them for nostalgia.

With weapons that's different: I generally don't delete them as they can become part of a recipe. I only delete weapons and warframes that I have twice (as part of another event or promotion).

I invested alot of forma into some of my regular warframes that I liked way before their prime version showed up. That was originally my reason for keeping them. Then over time I thought what if DE adds something that requires a fully built warframe. So I decided to keep all of them.:satisfied:

I only keep them if I potatoed and formaed them and if I can afford to lose the slot.

Also I kept regular Mag even after getting the Prime for sentimental value (starter frame)

And I tend to use the regular frames to keep cyst on them in case it's needed for anything else later on. (Like infested kavat)

i only deleted something its easy to obtain it ( like rhino, nova, nyx, etc) but some of em i keep it if they get primed,

let say ivara prime but i'd just keep regular ivara since im not going through spy to obtain again ( i keep it just incase immortal skin or deluxe skin release),

like i like how nyx immortal look unique compare to nyx prime remove some part unnoticed same as nova and nova prime immortal skin so i keep both of em, if harrow get primed, i still keep regular harrow since his part is pain to get

but other regular warframe like rhino or mag or loki i just throw it away since its easy to get and fashion to me doesnt look cool compare to rhino prime or loki prime 

Edited by Guest

I only keep things that are difficult, or chancy, to obtain again. For example, if it takes argon to build, it's not getting deleted because I don't farm the Void like some players. And while I don't have it (yet), I'd certainly not sell Equinox because of the sheer grind required to get it. Anything Prime gets kept. Prime parts might be traded, but built prime items get kept. Period. I'm awfully picky with my potatoes too, because they're not exactly easy to get, so if I bother to potato a weapon or frame, it's getting kept.

Frames and weapons with less effort though, sure, I'll sell them off. So far I've maxxed and sold Rhino and Nyx, and I'll sell my current Banshee once she's maxxed. Rhino's not hard to farm, I've got enough parts to build Nyx again twice, and Banshee's a straight up purchase from the Tenno Lab. Probably build Volt, Wukong and Zepher next, because they're Tenno Lab buys too. All the weapons you can buy for credits I've bought, maxxed, and sold. No point in keeping them. If it's a weapon I can't buy, I usually wont build it until I have at least 2 blueprints for it. That way I can build it, max it and sell it, but then if I want it again I have the option.

I've not sold my starter frame, Excalibur, because I use him to cheese junctions. Oberon was the first frame I started grinding for: I flat refuse to sell him, even if I get his prime. And since I keep all my Primes, I'm not getting rid of Frost Prime. Besides, he's awfully useful.

Edited by Sentinel-14

I do that too, same with weapons (yeah some of the weapons i sell, i have to build again because of a new weapon that came up but it is all good) I know when a new prime comes up and i get it, i wont use the regular warframe. Same with weapons, unless they have something different to their other variants. Aside from stats xD (like the cernos prime and rakta cernos).

3 hours ago, sh00chu said:

Never sell anything. After the first couple of times they added a new weapon that required an old one to build, it became apparent to me that they weren't going to stop doing that. How annoyed are you sellers going to be when it turns out you need an o.g. frame to build an Umbra version?

Holy crap, now I'm paranoid. I'm not selling another frame until I see what umbra needs, just in case.

3 hours ago, sh00chu said:

Never sell anything. After the first couple of times they added a new weapon that required an old one to build, it became apparent to me that they weren't going to stop doing that. How annoyed are you sellers going to be when it turns out you need an o.g. frame to build an Umbra version? No sir. They can sit in my inventory and collect dust as long as I know I'm prepared for that sort of shenaniganry. If I'm running out of slots, I can easily farm up enough junk to sell for plat. Sorry folks, but selling stuff just because it isn't immediately useful is short sighted at best.

9 minutes ago, WastedAlmond said:

Holy crap, now I'm paranoid. I'm not selling another frame until I see what umbra needs, just in case.

Yeah, there are quite a few examples of this. The Dragon Nikana requires a regular Nikana. The Simaris hammer Heliocor requires a Gammacor to build, but at least you get a free Gammacor blueprint after completing the Neptune Junction. Crafting dual anything, just about, requires 2 of the base weapon. Dual Kama, Ackbronco and Ackbronco Prime, for example.

It's not unreasonable to assume at some point they could introduce a warframe variant that requires the base warframe as a crafting component.

I don't have cash for platinum for slots for all items, so I remove whatever I have no intention of ever using again.

1 hour ago, Elfezen said:

This is a stupid thing to do, its like deleting your character

How?

Edited by Navarchus

Personally, I almost never delete anything.  More slots isn't that expensive, and to be honest I normally save up platinum to just get a new release when it comes out.  (I don't consider grinding for hours at a chance of a piece of something to be content.  Having the thing and using it to stab random Grineer is content.)  But that's just me, and I know lots of people can't stand the idea of having more than a handful of frames and weapons.

I will admit though, that for Warframes at least the Prime version is usually just flat out better than the normal one.  Usually an extra polarized slot or two, and often a boost to one or more stats.  The trend for weapons though seems to be sliding more towards "sidegrades" rather than flat out upgrades.  Like the Ballistica Prime, which has some oddities compared to the normal or Rakta versions.  The charged shot is still four separate bolts instead of one merged one, and the fully charged shot makes a very short lived ghost.  Who usually lives just long enough to shout "Rwaaaaargggh!" and alert everything in the room before vanishing again.

I did that way back when got no Plat to spend for slot. Mostly I never forma or potato normal frames if they have prime variant. My only regret is sold my starter 4 forma mag even thou the polarity is mess up(use them for skill mod back then).

now I rebuild norma variant just for collection, or spectre if I dont like the primed ver look.