Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.9

[DE]Connor

A lot of these bugs are being called 'fixed' but aren't actually being fixed... DE; tell your devs to stop commiting things half-assed! They're probably rushing code into builds without going through enough testing. E.g. today I saw a convergence orb in the air again.

So there are "disabler" projectiles that knock you out of the sky instead of damaging you... Just get rid of them. If we're knocked out of the sky, let it be because our archwings health and shields get knocked to 0, not because they can one-hit knock us out of the sky. Stop discouraging the use of Archwing. If you don't want us using them, then just remove the ability for us to use them. But don't create a gimmick that arbitrarily forces us back to the ground. And since players want these things removed and want to fly around in archwings, maybe, just maybe, you should think about why that is. Maybe it isn't fun to run around everywhere on foot.

I would rather have archwings with no consumable charges, no use of archwing abilities, no ability to sprint/boost while in archwing, and resistance to disabler projectiles, and in exchange, lose the ability to use weapons while in archwing, than to have what we currently have.

In other words, I would take a more functionally-limited archwing (such that all we can do is fly with them) and be able to stay in the air longer, than to have the current system (where we can shoot and fly fast and use archwing abilities and yet are extremely squishy and get knocked out of the sky all the time).

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.9

General Plains of Eidolon Changes

• Archwing disabler projectile no longer hit dodge-maneuvering players on explosion. 
  • Archwing disabler projectiles that target a flare have reduced explosion radius. 

Fixes

• Fixed Archwing disabler projectiles not actually tracking countermeasure flares. 
  • Fixed Archwing disabler projectiles not being affected by bullet attractor pulls (Mag, Amesha, etc)

The devs really don't want us to have any fun using Archwings on PoE do they? First, they lock Archwing behind fishing and make it consumable gear. Then apparently they made it so that any Grineer soldier - even MELEE UNITS - can easily and completely invalidate Archwings and waste the gear you crafted.

When are the devs going to get it into their thick skulls that there's a very vocal and angry part of the playerbase that feels that the current Archwing experience is a frustrating and wasteful experience because of the Grineer's singular ability to arbitrarily make the flight gear you invested in magically disappear? That's utter BS and it needs to go.

You know what? Screw this. It's Titania's 4 from now on - or at least until Scott, Steve or whoever decides to nerf her 4 when using it on PoE...

4 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

The devs really don't want us to have any fun using Archwings on PoE do they? First, they lock Archwing behind fishing and make it consumable gear. Then apparently they made it so that any Grineer soldier - even MELEE UNITS - can easily and completely invalidate Archwings and waste the gear you crafted.

When are the devs going to get it into their thick skulls that there's a very vocal and angry part of the playerbase that feels that the current Archwing experience is a frustrating and wasteful experience because of the Grineer's singular ability to arbitrarily make the flight gear you invested in magically disappear? That's utter BS and it needs to go.

You know what? Screw this. It's Titania's 4 from now on - or at least until Scott, Steve or whoever decides to nerf her 4 when using it on PoE...

I mean, those fixes kinda go towards what you are saying here? Like, it is actually harder to get disabled while on Archwing now... And the fishing thing, is not even grindy. Just go to the Geyser pond and fish for like 15 mins while waiting for incursions or night time. You will get your fish oil super fast.

Well plains of Edolon did just come out this month so so far it makes sense there will be problems and bugs etc needing to be fixed.  I am glad the devs are taking time to fix these problems and withing around 3 months or less I expect to see many useful fixes and changes so so far this is what I was expecting for something so new that came with some problems.  In any case I really enjoy roaming it but I would ask of one thing to change please:  Please make affinity rewards higher from all enemies on the plains and also please make the credits higher as well as when I left it was somewhere around an hour or more I remember getting a really really low amount of affinity, credits, and even endo which if I ran another dungeon I could have gotten more than 3 times more than what I got in plains so right now plains is kind of a waist of time and not needed for anything except fishing.

Oh yeah almost forgot we need a way to use our archwing without having to build the dumb thing.  This is a very stupid move since on the map on certain worlds you can run those places without having to build it.  Why force us to make archwings, no just no bad move, please remove this as I am never going to build a archwing just for plains.

Please change exactly how "being detected" works with the hostage extraction out on the plains. No matter which frame, weapon or tactic is used, it's impossible to actually go about freeing the hostage without being detected unless that's the point in which case the Lotus dialogue line should be changed
Also the water contact detection is incredibly buggy in certain bodies of water, with me jumping several meters over a puddle yet still getting the magnetic proc
The drone pathing is still bugged with the drone tiwtching and spinning around on a signle spot for an extended periosd of time mainly near grineer camps, getting close to being destroyed before moving on

2 minutes ago, iDareth said:

I mean, those fixes kinda go towards what you are saying here? Like, it is actually harder to get disabled while on Archwing now... And the fishing thing, is not even grindy. Just go to the Geyser pond and fish for like 15 mins while waiting for incursions or night time. You will get your fish oil super fast.

Now you're just defending bad design decisions.

1. Right. Harder. And when you run out of energy trying to ditch some piece of ordinance that magically makes your flight pack go away...what happens then? Oh right. You get knocked right out of the sky by that ability. Even if you're at full health. Apparently it's not enough that Grineer outposts have AA gun and missiles turrets and that every Grineer mob has at least one Heavy Gunner with a mini Grattler. They need arbitrary cheese as well to make things "fair and balanced".

2. It doesn't how easy Fish Oil is to get. That's completely irrelevant. The issue is that using a piece of high tech on ONE tileset is completely dependent on low tech fish juice...because the devs said so reasons. That makes so much sense and its so consistent with how Archwing is used elsewhere. /s

So what happens when DE adds a PoE-like node on say Venus or Mars? Are we STILL going to have to farm Fish Oil to use Archwing there? Or will the devs introduce some other daft resource on that specific node that we'll need to grind so we can use Archwing there? With DE's track record as of late, my guess is the latter.

One of the biggest "selling" points of PoE is the fun of being able to use Archwing to travel long distances and being able to strike the enemy from above. I'm fine with the Grineer having dedicated AA units. I'm fine with Archwing being accessible / equippable gear. That's fair and reasonable.

I'm not fine with Archwing being consumable gear that requires bloody fish oil to use and I'm not fine with even a Grineer melee unit being able to magically make our high tech, heavily armoured and shielded flight packs disappear. And a lot of people aren't fine with these things either.

Archwing disable missiles are crazy broken now. They are either not attracted to flares, the Amesha bubble, or outright chase me 1500m across the plains at full speed and nail my &#!- And seem to kill my Warframe (Oberon 875 Health) in the same hit.

Can you just... remove them entirely? We already have a height limit on the Archwings, why the missile that makes us waste charges and are bugging so far out are a requirement is way beyond me. I get shot up just fine when I decide to engage from the sky, and honestly, its safer to fight on the ground where there is cover from endless streams of rapid fire disabling missiles that can kill you instantly.

Still so fix for:

- Lohrin Brace giving no critical chance increase on Amps.

- Amp colour customization disappearing in-mission.

- Shwaak Prism and Shraksun Scaffolds receiving no stat increase on gilding. 

- Unable to Entitle Gilded Amps

Still no fix for not being able to choose a new bounty mission without returning to your orbiter and coming back. 

to reproduce the bug:

Step 1: complete a bounty

Step 2: return to Cetus

Step 3: select a new bounty (old name appears at the top left)

Step 4: Go to plains, get dropped into a (possibly bugged) session with no active bounty

Workaround is to return to Orbiter.

still crashing with "not enough graphic memory" for win7 x86 (32 bits) when entering to plains in the second door of the corridor

my machine have: 3gb of RAM DDR3

and a graphic memory of : 1294 Intel hd graphics 3000.

DE. please stop hating the toaster </3

it don't show a #WAR code... it just close my game with that notification </3 please optimize the plains for the toasters,

Why does every living thing have these archwing disablers anyways? Wouldn't it make since to have a specific grineer type to only have them instead of every single type. I feel like rollers and latchers are gonna start shooting me down instantly too.

I'll add my helmet in on kubrows and kavats not being able to get through doorways and tileset pieces reliably. It's been occurring ever since PoE was added- before then they were just sticking to random floor tiles. I've been lucky to not lose my kubrow several times from it being unable to get through doorways away from enemies when I've rushed through until it teleports to me when I get too far away from it.

29 minutes ago, spiritzero3 said:

still crashing with "not enough graphic memory" for win7 x86 (32 bits) when entering to plains in the second door of the corridor

my machine have: 3gb of RAM DDR3

and a graphic memory of : 1294 Intel hd graphics 3000.

DE. please stop hating the toaster </3

it don't show a #WAR code... it just close my game with that notification </3 please optimize the plains for the toasters,

32 bit + 2-4GB Ram still crash but we should be happy the game support that low amount of Ram, just give them like a month or less and we will be able to fully enjoy PoE

I trust in Steve's words before plains update about toasters !!

peace!

4 hours ago, Rekalty said:

So, what's people betting will be broken with this hotfix?

I cant Gild my Zaws atm, dont know how many others this might the same for. I have a mewan strike weapon I gilded before this patch, kept it, now I have the Balla strike weapon which for some reason cant be gilded as it gives off an error.

I don't understand the logic of grineer here DE, I mean Tusk forces have the missle that disables Archwing but the BIG ALMIGHTY FORMORIAN doesn't?

Also the need of fish oil just to deploy an archwing..... Does that mean when we use archwing on outerspace there's a free fish oil in the Liset was used? SO Ordis is hoarding loads of fish oil in the Liset? Does this finally make sense since there are fishes at the Infested room? Im totally lost here guys... Pls send help.

The plains should have a form of extraction check as a defense mission does (can choose to leave after x is met, or else stay and derp around). Or else there should at least be a timer so two tired people aren't sitting for 10 minutes while CLEM is out fishing (or while your bounty is broken and new people keep joining as you're trying desperately to escape...)

Having neither option on an "open" map just is lame.

Also, extra fashion options for the operators we will now be using more. I already bought the elf ears in my quest.

Archived