Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.9

[DE]Connor

31 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

You think it's fun losing all your loot and 30 minutes of your life just because you can't extract from this .... mission and can't do it solo which bugs it out more often than not?

I killed my first teralyst last night when match making messed up and didn't put me in a room with the bounty I signed up for.  I swear it took like 20 minutes to kill one of them with a decently built group of four.  I'm not sure I'd be able to solo a teralyst before the 50 minute timer.

5 minutes ago, willis936 said:

I killed my first teralyst last night when match making messed up and didn't put me in a room with the bounty I signed up for.  I swear it took like 20 minutes to kill one of them with a decently built group of four.  I'm not sure I'd be able to solo a teralyst before the 50 minute timer.

It CAN take less but I lost 2 rewards which is why it took 30 minutes. 2 runs wasted. 30 minutes of my life no one will give me back. 

You can solo one but there's no reasons to unless you only need <10 intact cores and don't care about other kinds or brilliant. Soloing Eidolons is just a waste of time but you can do it. But you get maybe 1/3 rewards if you're lucky - 8 cores in the video below vs 25-30 and a brilliant in an average capture. So it's not an option.

Spoiler

After they fix the PoE matchmaking and extraction issues they should add some sort of non bounty matchmaking system where you can pick from a list of goals or times to spend on the plains.  Like 5 minute, 10 minute, 20 minute, teralyst hunting, etc.  I don't think anything should be enforced but it would help keep like minded players together.

9 hours ago, Talevon said:

Still no fix for the following bug:

Ammo mutation mods do not appear to be working if you walk from Cetus out onto the plains - this also affects Carrier's Ammo Case precept which does not appear to be working at all, even increasing weapon ammo count.

If you go directly to the plains from your orbiter everything works normally, but if you walk in to Cetus and back out, it's broken again.

Ammo mutation and Carrier's Ammo Case work just fine in the rest of the game.

Confirmed: Sadly this is still a thing despite being reported numerous times.

Was there some kind of hidden grineer armor adjustment for POE?
Running same setup as yesterday, i suddenly do way less damage and got a harder time killing stuff for the last bounty.
6.0x crit euphona at 2.5k Rad + phys did as low as 2k crit per slug on heavy ferrite enemies (0% modifier - still too low.), even some alloy enemies were no longer 1 hit.

Bugs or critical:

We need individual extraction! People just don't wanna leave and stay fishing either for trolling, or because the matchmaking mixes people on free roam with people doing bounties.

If you complete a quest leave the plains using the door to cetus, take on another quest and join the plains again using the door the next mission of the bounty won't start, and it won't start for anyone on the party if you're the host.

Bounty Title text will appear on the language of the host.

Some parts of the "Chains of Harrow" quest still use the old focus system with only one energy source.

General Feedback:

Level 30-50 rewards still need some tweaking, getting 300 Endo, or instance mods that any experienced player already have by 30 or 40 is just terrible rewards, I'm fine with instances as rewards, but at least use more uncommon ones... 

Plains design seems very unconnected to earth, no kubrow dens, not the same scannable flowers, what about adding some iteraction with antitoxins from the Cicero Crisis?

After you've been grinding for gara's components for sometime you wonder how extremely repetitive the missions available on the plains are, how about adding some more mission types? For example I move the datamass defense to open the vault to the regular grineer console (where you can insert aphotics), add more of those vault trucks on the map and have another mission type to be hacking various of those trucks to steal their content on multiple locations (rewarding stealth play a little bit more into the plains)

Trading fish for standing doesn't seem bad, but it would be much better if we could use fish parts instead, as I usually just break fishes into its parts as soon as I leave the Plains, alternatively why don't give some use to that cooker on cetus, and have him selling 30 minutes boosters in exchange of fish parts?

We need individual extraction! People just don't wanna leave and stay fishing either for trolling, or because the matchmaking mixes people on free roam with people doing bounties.

^ Even with invite only random tenno scoom often joins especially if someone dcs.

And remember that talk about players being teleported after 1 minute if others are at extraction? Yeah about that. Doesn't *** work.

And for the love of god. You keep nerfing trinity and clearly do not want to see her in every team. Why the heck the lures then can be destroyed? Make them invincible once hacked. It's pain enough you have to bring them and charge and THEN you have to babysit the lures. Holy jesus christ. And then also dissapear sooner than Eidolon itself in the dawn.

pp,550x550.jpg

18 hours ago, SHADOW.XIII said:

@[DE]Connor - are there any fixes for the bounties?

- missing bounties after host reconnect (even if there's one immeiately after new host, there is none after that one)
- missing bounties (ie. new one not appearing)
- starting bounty does not create party, I starts alone and nobody joins (best observed by party chat icon/tab missing)
- starting bounties does not start an objective
- entering gate when existing bounty, spawns gate far away from Cetus, there's only void between (can see Cetus on full screen minimap if you move it to see in the corner)
- small eidolons dropping inttact sentient core but picking them up only rewards that item 50% of the time

probably more but those are from the top of my head

Not sure if youre still confused about the intact cores so I can clear this up. The orbs that have light beams are not cores, those replenish your operators energy. The cores are smaller orbs with a blue light on them, they hover off the ground and do not have a beam like the orbs of energy. And yes they are not a 100% drop on purpose.

10 hours ago, RG_Predator said:

No, they weren't.

Operators haven't been around for years. They're a fairly new addition.

I've been playing Warframe since the earliest days of the Steam release. For the most part, they have released completed content, albiet with some bugs, but that's unavoidable. Over the last couple of months, there has been a dramatic change in the quality of content they have been releasing. PoE is simply the latest iteration to demonstrate this. Content that is simply unfinished or missing. The vendors not being fully functional, the lures not working. These were not bugs, this was completely non-functional. It almost seems like a management change has taken place or a policy change has been implemented as incomplete content is a new thing for DE. The rest of the game industry it's fairly standard, and one of the reasons I have supported Warframe for this long is that they stayed clear of that fatal flaw the rest of the industry follows on a regular basis. If this trend keeps up, I will find somewhere else to spend my time and money.

What?

I don't think your statement tracks.  I took a solid year to play this game, before a year and change off.  Nothing has changed.  

When archwing was introduced it was an absolutely broken mess.  I remember running the mission, and finding myself in space sans archwing.  Limbo was introduced with the ability to banish anyone, and troll public groups (the dodge roll would not move you out of rift).  Mesa+Mag+Frost made almost any defense click 4 to win for weeks (back when Draco was a Defense).  Falling through the level was a regular occurrence for months, back when you got 4 lives a day or were forced to pay.  You could literally spawn and die in such as a way as to be beyond revival.  More annoying than any of the previous flaws, DE spent more than a year where Oxium was painfully rare but anything requiring it would require hundreds of units (resource collectors and Zephyr).

When have they ever released content that just worked?  The reason that the better part of a decade after release it's still a Beta is because nothing is completed and right.  Everything is a little wrong, and part of this game is finding the problems and making them serve you.

This said, there's a lot of bizarro still left in PoE.

1) Enemy spawning is cheap.  If you drop a capture target, you can run around them for 30 seconds without spawning, but the second you start capturing an orbital drop slams around you and gets a bunch of free hits.  On higher levels this is death, unless you have an AoE control frame (thank you Zephyr).  

2) The crafting requirements are bonkers.  Archwing takes 72 hours to research, 12 hours to build, 5 minutes to get the consumable, and 0.02 seconds to be knocked out of.  Yeah, I'm kinda angry that DE has managed to make every unit a Nullifier for archwing.  It's all the worst bits of archwing, with a substantial material cost.

3) The reward drops are absolutely frustrating.  I got 2 vitality mods during a bounty, and the reward was a vitality mod.  I've seen the same with pressure point.  You say the PoE area isn't for new players, then it is, and the rewards range from garbage mods to the new content.  Please decide what the aim of this content is.  I'm tired of getting new stuff, only to find that material requirements ascending mount insanity are how you gate content.  Looking at you Vauban Prime, requiring 20 units of a resource that I can reliably only get 4 of a day.  

May I propose something more reasonable, that should fix the grind without breaking anything?

1) Introduce an Ostron standing merchant, rather than combining bounties and ascension.  Place bounties next to the gate, so as to lead players to them without a scavenger hunt.

2) Have the Ostron standings merchant cycle inventory.  Every 8 hours their offerings switch, but they are locked behind the same standing levels as now.  This means you can earn standing and choose what you want to buy.  New players take easy bounties, and are immediately rewarded by something.  Veterans can save standing and buy exactly what they want.  The rotating inventory keeps people interested in the node, making sure content is focused on regularly.

3) Throw in something rare at the highest tier of the vendor's standing.  Make it Void trader level weird, and refresh only once per day.  This gives people a daily goal of standing, and gives purpose to the grind.

4) Lock off content to specific areas.  This sounds like fragmentation, but it's a motivation for people to level up and explore.  Rather than setting spawn level limitations, force players to choose from one of several tiered instances.  This has the benefit of controlling material spawns, rather than having it be RNG (think metals, crystals, and fishing).  It also will allow new players to experience content like archwing, where the added power will prevent game breaking farming by being balanced with less desirable resources for veteran players.  This also allows for more dynamic and shorter bounties, letting veterans grind while new players are slowly introduced to the systems.

5) Remove the production cost for material refinement and resources.  You already require 3-6 random minings to succeed for refined metals; why does making copper require rubido, and why are plastids a component of steel?  At this point you should learn from Guild Wars 2.  The mining requires effort, and the toll gate is unlocking the blueprint.  If you remove the extra resource steps you remove the appearance of a lot of grind, without actually doing so.  Less perceived grind is a better experience, while not actually removing grind keeps players occupied.

6) Introduce atmospheric archwing weapons, or a modifier required to wield them.  Said modifier nerfs their power (so as to balance with PoE content), making the archwing a trade-off of power and speed for materials.  Right now, the speed boost is instantly negated by being made of paper and costing more than their speed bonus can justify.

7) Tripple bait duration.  Remove the requirement of multiple spears, and make the upgrade components a scale upward rather than different parts (basic -> sharpened point -> barbed point).  You grind for low level fish, to grind for middle tier bait, to grind for middle tier fish, to grind for high tier bait, to get high level fish.  Instead of doing all of this, make the spears only work in the gated areas.  Less inventory management, more incentive to level up, and better perceived economy make players want to grind, instead of making them ask why they even need anything but the highest tier components.  You are making the journey more fun, without having to improve the destination.

Archived