Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So now that Focus needs 9000 trillion points and full time job amount of effort...

Wolfdoggie

Can we get the Loki Stealth Kill Focus nerf reverted? I mean Equinox allows a non-diverse, tedious method anyways, so like... please?

(all kills while invisible used to give Stealth Kill Bonus XP regardless of the enemies being too close to each other)

Spoiler

Edited by Wolfdoggie

Is it really that bad ?

I don't have issues hitting 250k cap and i don't use the equinox method, i just play with greater lenses and convert brilliant shards. I am also pretty casual these days.

What's the rush, why do you want to max everything so quick ?

25 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Can we get the Loki Stealth Kill Focus nerf reverted?

I have to ask, what nerf is this?

I got 25 stealth kills (37 total, some were my kavat) as Loki while Invisible. Got 652 focus on my frame.

Enemies were level 1-3. This seems fine to me. What was it before?

EWNy4td.png

Edited by krc473
Added battle report to spoiler

Just now, KiteoHatto said:

Is it really that bad ?

I don't have issues hitting 250k cap and i don't use the equinox method, i just play with greater lenses and convert brilliant shards. I am also pretty casual these days.

case 9 year worth of farming is too fast?

3 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

Where in the world do you get 9 years of farming from?

Should be achievable in considerably less time than that.

If you cap your focus 200 days a year, that is around 50,000,000 focus points. 

Edited by krc473

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

No. What is the nerf that is being discussed?

I have no idea at all.

I would accept a link to it as explanation.

with a booster you should be able to get at least 25000 or more in a single mission.

dedicated focus farming should allow you to cap 250k in 20-40 min

11 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Where in the world do you get 9 years of farming from?

Should be achievable in considerably less time than that.

I never mention the word farming, did I? (I did, this is what I get for posting early apparently) DE was supposedly implementing focus in a way it would take a long time without promoting farming (the reason of the cap) and obliviously fail/change direction. If you play casually without farming for it, it will probably take that long.

.edit: I basically suck

Edited by Ninjamander

Just now, Ninjamander said:

I never mention the word farming, did I? DE was supposedly implementing focus in a way it would take a long time without promoting farming (the reason of the cap) and obliviously fail/change direction. If you play casually without farming for it, it will probably take that long.

Read your quote that I quoted? Hint: No, you didn't.

10 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

I mean, I see the word "farming" fairly clearly there. 

3 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

with a booster you should be able to get at least 25000 or more in a single mission.

dedicated focus farming should allow you to cap 250k in 20-40 min

Against what level enemies? Higher level enemies = more affinity.

Focus is a percentage of affinity. I tested in on level 1-3 enemies. Of course I wont get much.

17 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Is it really that bad ?

You mean that having to farm for literally months just to max ONE tree is normal?

3 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

I would agree with the 9 years part, i only really gather around 10 - 30k focus a day.

You are not farming focus points though. That is more of a "passively gained while doing something more fun". I do the same thing. I check my focus, and more is there sometimes, that is about all. 

I see 35 days minimum to max a school. That is 35 days of hitting your cap every single day. I do not have time for this, or care enough to do this.

I would consider someone to be focus farming if they routinely hit at least half their cap (so, 125k focus a day).

Edited by krc473

4 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

I would agree with the 9 years part, i only really gather around 10 - 30k focus a day.

Then you pretty much don't play the game if 10-30k is all you get. 

Why should no effort be rewarded ?

Besides, focus has been farmable for such a long time already, not like you lost all your focus 1.0 points and have to start fresh. Unless you know, you didn't play back then either.

Edited by KiteoHatto

1 minute ago, KiteoHatto said:

Define "play the game"

I have been on, playing the game for a few hours now. Have not even collected 7k focus points (around midway through the game day).

1 minute ago, KiteoHatto said:

Then you pretty much don't play the game if 10-30k is all you get. Why should no effort be rewarded?

I.e; Why should the people who have real life responsibilities that might take them away from video games, be rewarded for the occasional amount of time they can spare to play Warframe? Only we jobless/childless/still-living-in-my-parents-house-and-can-play-Warframe-24-7 elitists deserve all the rewards.

Focus farming does require certain builds to be efficient, but so does every XP farm/resource farm/trial/sortie cheese. Focus farming is really not that bad, and it is a great long term content. You can max your cap in ~20 minutes tops, and this system actually takes more than a week to complete. Leave it the way it is.

Just now, KiteoHatto said:

Why should no effort be rewarded ?

Besides, focus has been farmable for such a long time already, not like you lost all your focus 1/0 points and have to start fresh. Unless you know, you didn't play back then either.

You call running around a  exterminate mission, 20 million times with an equinox effort? I mean really? All i see when farming focus is bloody Ivara or Equinox on Adaro.

Maybe yes it is effort, but i fail to see how you are not bored to death. For players that don't have affinity boosters 24/7 makes farming so much more difficult.

And really I just hate anything that is boring. The only fun way i can actually get focus is capturing that eidolon teralyst 3000 times, but really its better than nothing. And it also shows you put some effort into it without sacraficing fun.

Not many people have access to greater lens, They are expensive to build and all and platinum isn't in the hands of everyone.

Playing warframe for me shouldn't require me to sacrafice so much fun for efficiency and effectivness. Anyways yeah you had a point, but really, I'm not into grinding.

Yeah i did have ~2,000,000 zenurik points when PoE came out, but everything just is so expensive, for such minor buffs (apart from energy overflow).

Back then I passively farmed focus, not the whole, oh just do exterminate missions for a living, or quake on hydron for living. OK?

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Define "play the game"

I have been on, playing the game for a few hours now. Have not even collected 7k focus points (around midway through the game day).

How geared are you and are you actually trying to farm focus or just doing w/e is fun for you ?

1 minute ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I.e; Why should the people who have real life responsibilities that might take them away from video games, be rewarded for the occasional amount of time they can spare to play Warframe? Only we jobless/childless/still-living-in-my-parents-house-and-can-play-Warframe-24-7 elitists deserve all the rewards.

Im 27, I have a 8-5 full time job, which leaves me with like 3-4 hours of playtime in the evening maximum.

If you are going there with "real life responsibilities woe is me i have no time to nolife" then affinity boosters are for you.

I've been formaing weapons and kavats in the past 2 days on hydron, running with greater lenses and you get like 30k focus in 10-15 waves EASY. Each one of those yellow focus buff(last 44s or so) you pick up can give you around 3-6k focus, depending how active you are during the wave and if you picked the buff at the start of spawning or at the end.

Don't need to be a tryhard equinox with maiming strike to get anywhere.

57 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Can we get the Loki Stealth Kill Focus nerf reverted? I mean Equinox allows a non-diverse, tedious method anyways, so like... please?

Upvoted for the "full-time job" lol title.  Is it that bad when you assign reverted points and realize what is needed?  

Because I've never been a "Focus Powerfarmer".