Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Login Day 700 is on Halloween. What do we know?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Oh, how I love a bunch of elitists defending fundementally flawed system.

And no, not everyone will ultimately have them all, only the oldest playesrs will have all rewards the rest will always be lagging behind.

And please stop telling these items are not game affecting, only cosmetics aren't game affecting, weapons and mods and literally the opposite of it and are something that never should be in a freaking login rewards system on first place, seriously you are just defending it because feeling of superiority is the only thing you are able to feel in your miserable life.

And I too am against the catch-up system, there's no point in trying to fix something so flawed, it needs to be scrapped and replaced with something that at max gives you boosters and cosmetics, weapons should be put on market/lab and mods should go to Baro where they belong.

no idea what it'll be, though it only seems to be recently where people have started complaining about login milestones giving weapons. perhaps if this angry crowd had made their voices heard sooner it would have been changed.

anyway it's literally 3 weapons, DE will release more than enough weapons to ultimately reach MR30 so that everybody has a fair shot at it. bear n mind that if the system only gave boosters and cosmetics, you'd just have people saying "I'd rather it give stuff matters". DE can't win either way and it's not like logging in is hard work. people should just be grateful for what they have and gradually work towards the logins. you'll all get there eventually.

4 hours ago, TheArQu said:

Oh, how I love a bunch of elitists defending fundementally flawed system.

And no, not everyone will ultimately have them all, only the oldest playesrs will have all rewards the rest will always be lagging behind.

And please stop telling these items are not game affecting, only cosmetics aren't game affecting, weapons and mods and literally the opposite of it and are something that never should be in a freaking login rewards system on first place, seriously you are just defending it because feeling of superiority is the only thing you are able to feel in your miserable life.

And I too am against the catch-up system, there's no point in trying to fix something so flawed, it needs to be scrapped and replaced with something that at max gives you boosters and cosmetics, weapons should be put on market/lab and mods should go to Baro where they belong.

i think the system is probably a runaway success for DE in getting people to log in faithfully. I doubt they change it anytime soon.

While i dont think a person that hasnt been registered for 600 days should have a way to get access to day 600 rewards, i do think a faithful player that hasn't been able to login for a month could have a way to make up some of that time. Maybe consecutive logins could earn you credit towards days in the future when you aren't able to login, or some kind of system that doesnt truly undermine the spirit of rewarding faithful players.

Edited by Hypernaut1

8 hours ago, Arniox said:

Why would the people who received rewards be crying about them? So far I've been loving them. The only one I don't find much use for is primed shred. There's not many things that suite that mod cause bows need max speed ie speed trigger, and rifels waste ammo alot with primed shred. 

The login rewards don't need a catchup system, if course there's gonna be a separation in the community, but that doesn't matter. When a new player comes in, he or she is not going to immediately look for the rarest of the rare items. And eventually EVERY single player will have all the login rewards, you just have to wait, login, be diligent and accept it at face value.

There's never going to be a catchup system cause that would massively demoralize the people that already made it. 

Why would it demoralize players who already received the rewards? Why would anybody care for players who aren't into logging in every day for reasons be? Why are players should be forced to log in daily for nearly as long as two years?

What bothers me most is how people defend their precious rewards they sought after for so long so furiously they wholeheartedly wish others to be left out on trying a couple of new weapons they'll most probably throw on the shelves of their inventories. As if you're receiving sort of a valuable that nobody else besides those diehard logging in club members should obtain, when vaulted primes and cosmetics are handed left and right for being AFK during a livestream, as the main example.

It doesn't encourage logging in for meaningful rewards which weapons are in a way, because they're literally a year or two away. Timegate and ill logic at it's best.

Edited by Qianna

23 minutes ago, Qianna said:

Why would it demoralize players who already received the rewards?

Same reason Steve said they won't run a script to adjust Hema cost. Some have already done it. 

diehard logging

Takes 3 min to log in and log off, hardly die hard. I've actually missed a month because I have other priorities. As I'm sure others do. The rewards aren't going anywhere. 

doesn't encourage logging in for meaningful rewards

It did for me, I love free stuff. And your "meaningful reward" is completely subjective. 

Why are players should be forced to log in daily for nearly as long as two years?

You aren't forced. They don't have to be consecutive. The logins are accumalitive, so you can take your time. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

54 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Same reason Steve said they won't run a script to adjust Hema cost. Some have already done it. 

Takes 3 min to log in and log off, hardly die hard. I've actually missed a month because I have other priorities. As I'm sure others do. The rewards aren't going anywhere. 

It did for me, I love free stuff. And your "meaningful reward" is completely subjective. 

You aren't forced. They don't have to be consecutive. The logins are accumalitive, so you can take your time. 

Cost was intentionally ridiculous and a major oversight or otherwise. Obviously, such a bargain would be less significant even if resources were to be reimbursed after the fact.
Moreover, it actually required investing your time in playing the game, rather than having a spare minute to hop in to the Liset and exiting right after.
Isn't that the initial purpose? To somewhat persuade players into playing the game instead of simply seeing the cosmos from the window of your Orbiter for a blink?

It was not the amount of effort it took that I meant saying "diehards", but the mentality of said individuals who knowingly pursue the reward.

Free stuff is as good and meaningful as the necessity of said things. I have zero need of those weapons or mods that I received for logging in. It is in fact subjective, as long as you've had enough time to experience everything else and the only thing pushing you to enter the game are the daily tributes.

You aren't forced, indeed, unless you never wish to possess certain cosmetics, mods or weapons and the occasional potatoe someone could use. Logins being cumulative does not resolve the gap between most useful items which, again, would require almost two years of consecutive logging in and rather more if you're not able to do so daily, further widening said gap.
What could be more discouraging than having to log in for two years for a weapon? Having to log in for double the time because of 'reasons'.

Edited by Qianna

2 hours ago, Qianna said:

Isn't that the initial purpose? To somewhat persuade players into playing the game instead of simply seeing the cosmos from the window of your Orbiter for a blink?

It's to keep the steam player numbers afloat.

It's also interesting to tell new players (especially with these PoE coverage) that they there is something they'll get only in 2020 if they stick around everyday, and by the time they get that there will be another at 2022 (also 2025 for new players then). Most would just leave, but hey good riddance right? We don't want those kind of players anyway.:thumbup:

On October 29, 2017 at 2:45 AM, JuicyButthurt said:

There should be a catch-up for people who missed a few days anyway.

I totally get why people would want that, but that completely undermines the whole purpose of the login system then, might as well just hand out the 700 reward to every single PC player. I think a "catch up" system would undermine the work and dedication some players have, and even though I'm a couple hundred days behind 700, I'm okay with it. If I wanted that 700 reward tomorrow, then I should've logged into warframe. It's also fun keeping track of how many days you've played compared to others. :)

On 29/10/2017 at 6:59 AM, (PS4)Whattamattu said:

700 days....  makes for a VERY long quest.....   a "sacrifice"...  a sacrifice of <time>

the reward will be.....   (and they only held off on letting it slip for the incoming salt to be extra coarse)

UMBRA

Im deeply dissapointed. You should have said NOT UMBRA

I don't care what it is really. But I'm sitting at just under 650 days. So if it is something cool my wait won't be too long. But if I just started i get that it would seem like a huge task to deal with.

I use the Zenith quite a bit, the Zenistar is invaluable on defense/ interception, but the Azima not much. It took a riven to get mine to a decent spot. 

As far as mods Primed Fury has the most use. Primed shred really isn't as useful to me. And the boosters and other stuff is always nice.

But the argument that cosmetics aren't game changing is wrong since we all know Fashionframe™ is really the end game. 

So I hope it is some huge bombastic syandana for me to show off like a space peacock. I'll be soaking in the envious looks of all the new players. "Oh you've only been playing 5 days? Only 695 to go until you can look this good!" *strikes pose* *insert magnificent sparkle effect*

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

The whole Hema ordeal was one huge mistake that was handled poorly by DE and the community has just given up on it, as usual, this is the way we all slowly drift towards Warframe becoming even worse than despised Korean MMOs people laugh about here, this is the way the society steadily marches towards ultimate collapse. Because I don't care, because it doesn't involve me, because it doesn't affect me. This literally is Brave New World.

DE has it figured out, I want to believe these mistakes are mere oversights, incompetence, that they ignore them because they are rushing around to address far more important things earlier but it all just comes to nothing being done, the angry crowd gets tired of chanting angrily and we all carry on in an universe that just got slightly worse. This is the way microtransactions found their way into AAA games, at first people opposed them violently, sworn not to pay a broken penny on a principle alone, but the big guys behind entertainment media were far more persistent (I'll omit the implications of microtransactions have in games because it's to be analysed on per-case basis, some are done terribly and have no right to be while others are somewhat acceptable and can be used as an excuse to fund free content for everyone else, but I digress.).

But, let's go back to Hema, what made it so special? A gun that ultimately was mediocre at best and legitimate false advertisement at worst with its absolutely ridiculous requirements that were kept... to respect the time wasted by some people? What about respecting the time hundreds, thousands or even millions of players are to waste in the future? How come the cost couldn't be adjusted, the resources reimbursed and everyone who had it before the change was rewarded with some ultimately meaningless gimmick?

Or maybe Focus that was an abomination in its first iteration, was then abandoned for nearly 2 years after a few quick nerfs, it has left people with hundreds of thousands or millions of points allocated to schools they possibly wouldn't even consider using in its current iteration? What happened to respecting their time spent? Why wasn't the focus just returned to an universal pool? Why is focus gain so slow while there's upper limit present?

Maybe just look at the initial state of Cetus that somehow got through QA while everyone thought "yeah, these costs make absolute sense", was it just a mistake, a genuine oversight or does DE need to have the ground burning under their feet to actually listen to feedback and adjust mechanics in favour of the players? In like 3 weeks people went from being moderately pissed about the costs to just... being indifferent to it, some even defending the state of things no matter how irrational they may sound.

And you are trying to tell me DE tries to respect the time people put into the game? When are we going to reach the critical mass, when is this game going to collapse upon itself?

It hurts me as I genuinely love parts of this game, because it's pretty solid and well done in quite a few places but all the good things are getting buried under this pile of bovine feces originating from somewhere.

3 hours ago, JuicyButthurt said:

The whole Hema ordeal was one huge mistake that was handled poorly by DE and the community has just given up on it, as usual, this is the way we all slowly drift towards Warframe becoming even worse than despised Korean MMOs people laugh about here, this is the way the society steadily marches towards ultimate collapse. Because I don't care, because it doesn't involve me, because it doesn't affect me. This literally is Brave New World.

DE has it figured out, I want to believe these mistakes are mere oversights, incompetence, that they ignore them because they are rushing around to address far more important things earlier but it all just comes to nothing being done, the angry crowd gets tired of chanting angrily and we all carry on in an universe that just got slightly worse. This is the way microtransactions found their way into AAA games, at first people opposed them violently, sworn not to pay a broken penny on a principle alone, but the big guys behind entertainment media were far more persistent (I'll omit the implications of microtransactions have in games because it's to be analysed on per-case basis, some are done terribly and have no right to be while others are somewhat acceptable and can be used as an excuse to fund free content for everyone else, but I digress.).

But, let's go back to Hema, what made it so special? A gun that ultimately was mediocre at best and legitimate false advertisement at worst with its absolutely ridiculous requirements that were kept... to respect the time wasted by some people? What about respecting the time hundreds, thousands or even millions of players are to waste in the future? How come the cost couldn't be adjusted, the resources reimbursed and everyone who had it before the change was rewarded with some ultimately meaningless gimmick?

Or maybe Focus that was an abomination in its first iteration, was then abandoned for nearly 2 years after a few quick nerfs, it has left people with hundreds of thousands or millions of points allocated to schools they possibly wouldn't even consider using in its current iteration? What happened to respecting their time spent? Why wasn't the focus just returned to an universal pool? Why is focus gain so slow while there's upper limit present?

Maybe just look at the initial state of Cetus that somehow got through QA while everyone thought "yeah, these costs make absolute sense", was it just a mistake, a genuine oversight or does DE need to have the ground burning under their feet to actually listen to feedback and adjust mechanics in favour of the players? In like 3 weeks people went from being moderately pissed about the costs to just... being indifferent to it, some even defending the state of things no matter how irrational they may sound.

And you are trying to tell me DE tries to respect the time people put into the game? When are we going to reach the critical mass, when is this game going to collapse upon itself?

It hurts me as I genuinely love parts of this game, because it's pretty solid and well done in quite a few places but all the good things are getting buried under this pile of bovine feces originating from somewhere.

Okay now you're just exaggerating and blowing it completely out of proportion. 

Either 

A. You log in- get a reward

B. Don't log in- don't get a reward

Just like the Hema

Either 

A. Farm for the Hema

B. Don't farm for the Hema

Both share a commonality... time. 

Regardless of how ridiculous it may be or is, it's still really that simple. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Okay now your just exaggerating and blowing it completely out of proportion.

There was a proverb that goes like this, a man who knows what's going to happen a day ahead is considered a maniac. You don't have to agree with me, you have a dog in this fight, you are going to keep fighting against any change that would make what you have hold slightly less value no matter how insignificant it already is.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Either 

A. You log in- get a reward B. Don't log in- don't get a reward

Just like the Hema

Either 

A. Farm for the Hema B. Don't farm for the Hema

Both share a commonality... time. 

Regardless of how ridiculous it's may be or is, it's still really that simple. 

I'm not against rewarding "loyalty", I am against hiding content of actual gameplay value behind a wall some people might never get past.

And don't bring Hema as a valid example of respecting people time because it truly is not the case, it has to change, just for the sake of consistency with its description alone.

Description from the patch notes:

SIGMA & OCTANTIS - Day 700 Daily Tribute Milestone Sword and Shield

Deadly slashes from the Sigma sword are matched only by the force of the Octantis shield when thrown via air melee attacks. Enemies hit by the Octantis are also stunned for a short period of time, leaving them open to finisher attacks.