Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You can't get away with maining a frame

Brorelia

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Well I can't think of anything to speak honestly

You're right, this is the internet. Everyone should just use whatever words they want to mean whatever they want. OKAY!

As I said, this is off topic :clem:

OKAY!, as in: that is a terrible idea. People should say, at least roughly what they mean. But it is easier to just say okay because I see no point in arguing over how the internet should work.

There is no main frame in this game, for sure it at the begining there is a frame you know, like and play the most, however once you know the mechanics of the game you can do it perfectly fine at any level, at any job and ofc with any frame. This is not a MMO where there all moves are different animations locks that can mean you death if you it wrong, there is no evasive moves with iframes and ofc there is no different combos per frame. (sinergy between abilities is far from this). So my advice for people that seems to think they "main" a frame, make other frames and learn a bit of their mechanics, you will notice they all function similarly tho they do complete different things.

And well the fact that Trinity is always asked is just because she is a "meta" frame, nothing else, is not neccesary in any mission but makes thing easier. Like Nekros is meta for farming resources, he is not neccesary for that either, but again makes thing easier. Nova for infested as other example. People do spy missions on loki or ivara as well... Neither of these cases are neccesary to have but makes things easier.

Edited by Arrectius

1 hour ago, Brorelia said:

Not sure if joking or I need to spell it out but there have been people I ran into who only would ever play one frame regardless of the situation. *Looks at Loki and old ash players*

Even the ones playing Loki/Ash most of the time mix it up sometimes. The reason Ash players are a bit fanatical is because he's very efficient killing frame with a very high kills per second figure...carrying you into very late endgame levels with ease. So just like Ivara, he's simply very efficient at what he does...

17 hours ago, Arrectius said:

So my advice for people that seems to think they "main" a frame, make other frames and learn a bit of their mechanics, you will notice they all function similarly tho they do complete different things.

Been there, and done that.  I still main Ivara.  Any other useless advice?

18 hours ago, aligatorno said:

No, but a good soldier can win a fight with only a knife while a bad one can lose it with a full arsenal. Once you master a frame, you can use it in every single situation this games throws at you. 

Exactly!  

I run Loki Prime as my frame of choice on every mission that isn't Defense, Mobile Defense, or Excavation. With Rush instead of Irradiating Disarm for anything below level 80ish. Fight me.

Now, mind, half of that is because I fell in love with him when I was stuck solo dropping for everything because of a S#&$ty connection in the past. But still, you can make any frame work at anything if you try. I only don't run Loki on those three types because Frost Prime is my other husbando and it's a courtesy to the team to not leave them stuck with a Limbo or a Frost dropping neon green 73% range bubbles. I run Trinity Prime when the cell really needs one. Anything beyond that is just for the sake of variation. Metal Gear Souls mode is too much fun otherwise.

And as far as I'm concerned people can suck it if they don't like Loki in pugs, as payback for the innumerable times where I've been downed because some moron decided to stand next to me and draw fire while I was reviving/capturing/hacking invisibly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Been there, and done that.  I still main Ivara.  Any other useless advice?

Even if you say it like that, like i mentioned before, im sure you like Ivara and is most likely your favourite frame and the one you play the most. But if you already know all the gimmicks of the game you can do it perfectly on any other frame. And thats what i mean with no being mains on warframe, just favourite frames, which was my "main" point.

1 hour ago, Arrectius said:

But if you already know all the gimmicks of the game you can do it perfectly on any other frame

Not even mildly true. Limbo needs no one, everyone hates Limbo until they need him to save everyone. 

No one can do what Limbo does

100% Safe

100% efficient

100% uncaring

100% m'lady

100% sauce

No Ketchup

saucy

Raw Sauce

Tell me who does better than Limbo? What can be better than Limbo? No one thats who, defense? You mean sticky fly trap. Spy? You mean frozen till im done. Exterminate? 4 + 3 + flame thrower. Assassinate? 3 buttons + tigris.

Kala de Thaym? Battery operated dont give a ****- batteries included

Raid mechanics? Dont care

What are those anyway?

Limbo dont do those!

How you like Limbos Grineer gnomes?

Garden Variety mannequins!

What Corpus?

Gas and a Zenistar?

Whole sale.

Fite me

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

6 hours ago, Arrectius said:

Even if you say it like that, like i mentioned before, im sure you like Ivara and is most likely your favourite frame and the one you play the most. But if you already know all the gimmicks of the game you can do it perfectly on any other frame. And thats what i mean with no being mains on warframe, just favourite frames, which was my "main" point.

Then name one frame that can do all the feats that Ivara can.  I understand what you're saying.  I just believe it to be incorrect.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:16 AM, krc473 said:

Trinity is not mandatory in any team. Trinity makes things easier, yes.

Can you cap and Ediolon without a trinity? Yes.

Can you do a raid without trinity? Yes.

Can you run affinity farms without trinity? Yes.

Give me one example of where trinity is mandatory. As in, absolutely no way to do it without her. 

You can also clean a bathroom only a toothbrush or eat a steak with a spoon.

It is possible, but you are making your life a lot harder than you need to. 

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then name one frame that can do all the feats that Ivara can.  I understand what you're saying.  I just believe it to be incorrect.

And what that has to do with what im saying, even if she is the best frame in the game individually, and can do everything (tho i have my doubts ivara can do an excavation against corpus for a decent ammount of excavators), but again then she would be the "best frame" individually and that doesnt mean she is the best to do any mission in a team of 4, which is again what im saying, there is no mains, just different tools to do different things. When somebody says mains, that implies that the rest are secondarys or subpar which holds no truth in a game like warframe.

9 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Not even mildly true. Limbo needs no one, everyone hates Limbo until they need him to save everyone. ...

I dont get what you trying to say with this, that limbo is good and can do everything?. Thats fine and trust me i know he can do it and i never said otherwise.

Sometimes i solo all the sorties on my nova, just because i like and is my favourite frame, but that doesnt mean i think she is the best for all, I dont main her, i just play more with her, but according to situation and team i can adapt and change to the frame that helps more to the team or makes me do a mission in solo easily and sometimes without even looking.

Well, at the end this more a discussion on terminology than warframe.

On 31/10/2017 at 5:45 AM, Bibliothekar said:

What about Nidus' 4? (Assuming you raid a few Grineer camps first to build up stacks.)

Same problem in the end: slow heal per sec.

It could be considered worse actually because the Lures dont touch the ground so... no effect at all.

Oh this is still going on?

I will just trow some straws mans in the blender, because I am really not in the mood the quote person by person :

1. The teralyst example is bad. Yes you need one support, no one said that you should be the exact support.
2. Solo should not be the benchmark, and even if it is - to a limit.
3. "Protect the objective" missions have nothing to do with what you want to play - they were always meant for co op.
4. In a game all about diversity of the mods, gears and your ability to adapt to various modifiers, your personal desire to exclude the fact that you can use more than one build is personal choice.
5. With all said and done, I am pretty sure that there are example of any frame dealing with any objective. The efficiency is the main difference.

PS: If you are going to solo a teralyst (because I am sure it will be a point), you are having multiple issues that are not the lures, you may as well as focus on dealing with the said issues.

Edited by phoenix1992