Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Tennogen items?

(XBOX)Nautati

Before you read:
            I know hard work and effort is put into each and every one of these Tennogen cosmetics/items.
Don’t get me wrong, they all look awesome! Whether it be, warframe skins, warframe helmets, syandanas, melee/pistol/sniper skins, etc.
This discussion is not to hate nor disrespect any creator. But to discuss, when is too much?

To begin with, Tennogen started out as a great idea. To have the players that are knowledgeable about 3D modeling create skins and
submit it to DE. To have their creative minds work to potentially have something they made to be put in the game. At that time, only a limited amount
of cosmetics were available and things looked plain to what we have today.

But over the many months, with the continuous Tennogen Bundles and add-ons to the collection of cosmetics.
Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same? What do you think?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

But over the many months, with the continuous Tennogen Bundles and add-ons to the collection of cosmetics.
Are these unique skins/items becoming or have become more of the same? What do you think?

Nah there will never be too much tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lolfug.png

Edited by ZenDash

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

For me, personally: I like having a large selection of tennogen items.

I have no intention of buying all of the stuff. I look through it and select my favourites. The benefit in having a large selection is that there is stuff for just about everyone.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to spend platinum to acquire the items.

2 minutes ago, ZenDash said:

Nah there will never be too many tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lolfug.png

I like that you have pointed this out. Maybe there should be a cap on what one Warframe gets for Tennogen till the others catch-up.

Edited by (XB1)NastyAllOver

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

I like that you have pointed this out. Maybe there should be a cap on what one Warframe gets for Tennogen till the others catch-up.

might be a bit too harsh, but some kind of encouragement from devs to focus on other frames as well would be a start :D

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NastyAllOver said:

I don't think it's a good idea, it limits creative potential. You have this great idea for a skin for Nova, but because she already has 12 and Octavia has 0, your idea will never see the light of day.

What motivates people to create skins should be the free market, there is no skins for Octavia, if an artist creates a great one, lots of people would buy it (and the artist gets 30% of the sales)

I think its mainly problem for people who dont use steam, I have steam as my main gaming platform and always have little something ready in my wallet (dollars from trading) so from time to time I click on some nice tennogen item (honestly so many of them are so ugly) ...

but I got few friends who play only warframe and for them its annoying to pump money into steam when they are never going to use it, they find buying plat ok because you can always use plat but you can never get your money back from steam

Not possible. That's like saying there are too many kinds of food in the world, or too many kinds of outfits. All of these are expressions of different kinds of people, and since everyone is different in some way there will never be too many options. 

Ps: do lay off the Excalibur skins for a little while and give the others some love though. 

I like the huge influx of tennogen items, I've found several of the skins or helmets fix my major issue with a character's design. With that said, I would like Tennogen to have its own tab, primarily for syandanas, as it can create a bit of a visual mess, especially with standard Plat syandanas being surrounded on all sides with Tennogen. I don't know the exact reason why they want tennogen to be cash while everything else is plat, but I'm fine with it, but its just annoying if I have 120 plat and I'm looking for a new Syandana amid the sea of $5.99 but don't want to spend the dosh.

16 minutes ago, ZenDash said:

Nah there will never be too much tennogen, there's just too many of them on certain frames for eg. look at excalibur, artists should give others some love too imo lolfug.png

Wow, you could almost use this as a sort of "aesthetic popularity poll" of who folks like the look of most. That, or, who is so hideously ugly that they NEED a cosmetic piece to hide their gnarly hide.

Thanks for the fact drop!

5 minutes ago, Jatgeirr said:

I don't know the exact reason why they want tennogen to be cash while everything else is plat

What I have seen is that it’s something to do with paying the designers through steam. Real money is easy than platinum.

Nope. Bring me more. In a game heavy on customization you can't have too much.

The tennogen stuff is always great. With the slow speed of deluxe skin releases I feel like it helps to bring the player more stuff for fashionframe than what DE can put out alone.

It is more expensive but part of the money goes to the creator, I believe, so money well spent. It's not like you have to buy them all. Just pick and choose the ones you want. So far I've picked up some excal, wukong, ash, and Limbo stuff. Maybe a weapon skin or two. 

There is never too many fashionframe stuff.

I only wish all frames would get pretty/cute skins, does not matter to me whether they are deluxe skins or tennogen, if they are nicey, I'll buy them.

As for the reason they are not sold for plats - it is because steam transactions can be tracked and a part of the money is sent to the skin artist. Such tracking would be impossible to do with plats because of amount of plat transaction everyday. And even if they would track it - how would you monetarize plats? Most of people buy plats when it is 75% off, so the author of the skins would receive 75% less money for their job? Some other buy plats for the full price... some win plats... some buy prime access... etc.. so the author would receive 100%?... or still 25%? or 0%? Too problematic.

That being said - there should be a way to gift tennogen items to someone. We'd still buy them with steam wallet money afterall, so what's the difference? I bevieve the tennogen skins are treated as "DLC" content (because it seems they are bound to your steam account), but would be amazing if we could buy the "DLC" via steam as a gift and send to someone.

I hear that there is never enough Tennogen items, but Excalibur does have too much love and the other Warframes need more loving. 
What incentives are there for creators to do a different warframe instead of Excalibur?

Lower the amount of money they get? (I know maybe a bit harsh)

But what?

I wish DE would pull the plug on this thing... As it is now they have no motivation to make new helmets or skins for new and old warframes. Why would they? They have other ppl doind it for them.

And as much as I admire all the hard work and time those artists put into those creations I'm not intersted in supporting them. I want to support the artists in DE by buying PLAT. And I'm mostly buying plat for cosmetics.

Plus some of the stuff is starting to look old and outdated. Some of the helmets don't fit well with the textures of the warframes and the way they reflect light etc. And to be honest a lot of the skins and helmets look like bad imitations of the art style DE has created and don't belong in the game at all.

DE give us updated immortal skins for all warframes and deluxe skins. Get back to making more helmets and make them avaible only in the shop so you can make $$$.