Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave always empty... Whats is missing?

(XBOX)Yamanishi1

24 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Good answer. Now do you see how I feel when people say ''Putting PvE mods in PvP would be a great way to get people to hate DE really fast.''?

It just puts us back at square one with the argument. I start to talk about trading again, you say that's not good enough and we get stuck in an endless loop untill a moderator locks the thread or one party decides to not care anymore.

I don't recall arguing with you in the first place.

And no, I don't see how you feel. I do not see how suggesting active sabotage is in any way comparable to suggesting that gating PvE content behind PvP and vice versa would be a terrible idea. The latter is borne out by literal decades of multiplayer gaming - or do you think that Conclave players would be thrilled if they were told to go grind out Lephantis a couple dozen times for PvP mods?

If you gated PvE stuff behind PvP, I'll let you know what would happen to Conclave: massive toxicity and leeching. No one wants to be pushed into doing an activity that they dislike because they feel like it's necessary to progress in the thing that they ACTUALLY enjoy. And no, before you say it, trading is not a good solution; it's a bandaid. If people are going to play Conclave, it should be because they want to play Conclave. If you try and push people that don't want to play Conclave into doing so, all you'll have are a bunch of extremely frustrated and unhappy players who see their time spent in the mode as a chore, something they have to suffer through rather than enjoy. It's a perfect recipe for turning your PvP community into a cesspool.

If people like Conclave, that's great. I play Warframe primarily for the PvE component. I like to kick back, relax, and blow holes in hordes of enemies. It doesn't need to be especially challenging for me to enjoy it. I tried Conclave for a few rounds back in the day, did alright in it, but decided it wasn't for me. If DE wants to try and improve Conclave and make it more appealing, they should go for it, but it should be appealing on its own merits to avoid the aforementioned issues.

27 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

gating PvE content behind PvP and vice versa would be a terrible idea

Currently there's no actual pve content locked behind pvp, but people keeps getting toxic because of "muh zkins" even tough these have no impact on gameplay. 

On the other hand, the only way to get your conclave arsenal to grow is through pve, which for someone who enjoys fighting a bunch of skilled players more than killing hordes of dumb mobs (like me) is a huge let down.

Want to join the pvp syndicate? -> can't do it without access to a relay.

Got to relay? Now gotta grind for resources that don't drop neither on earth or mercury.

And only then you get to join the first rank in pvp, until you farm pve for resources to rank up again after maxing it. Weapons not being available through pvp doesn't help to keep pvp focused players here in wf, I myself rarely play because of this, and I've also seen good pvp players leave because of that reason even tough warframe pvp is unique and amazing and the only thing wrong on it was being born in the middle of a game with a community that hates anything requiring a little bit of skill.

Il y a 2 heures, ShogunGunshow a dit :

or do you think that Conclave players would be thrilled if they were told to go grind out Lephantis a couple dozen times for PvP mods?

Have you seen the drop tables of Sentiant Batalysts and Conculysts? Every mod in there except for Vengful Revenant has been transfered from PvP. They can still also be aquired from Teshin and some even as a reward at the end of a Conclave match.

If you gated PvE stuff behind PvP, I'll let you know what would happen to Conclave: massive toxicity and leeching. No one wants to be pushed into doing an activity that they dislike because they feel like it's necessary to progress in the thing that they ACTUALLY enjoy.

Yet those people keep asking for a challenge, well a challenge isn't always enjoyable. Moreover, a challenge can become enjoyable over time, not my fault you don't have the endurance and patiance.

I tried Conclave for a few rounds back in the day, did alright in it, but decided it wasn't for me.

Well I am glad you at least tried it but it seems nobody gets my point here.

I am asking for some Conclave mods that would be usable (big diffrence between this and meta or even viable that you don't seem to understand) in PvE, to be allowed for use in PvE WHEN we get a nice Conclave update that makes the mode fun for a bigger part of the Warfame community.

il y a une heure, Firetempest a dit :

Always nice seeing pvpers plead their case with some understandable desires and current problems. Then like second nature immediately insult the majority of the player base.

Well I am sorry the PvE players always seem to want to start a fight over it. I am a nice guy, I would rather not argue in this tone either, but you are giving me the choice either doing that or give up...and I am not taking the latter option. 

I don't recall arguing with you in the first place.

Others here do and you were just starting to as well.

If people are going to play Conclave, it should be because they want to play Conclave.

And I agree with this. 

It would help if people also stopped calling Conclave bad, just because they went in to a few matches and got rekt sence they aren't good at the mode (or just don't like PvP), because there is no one else on their level, because of the small playerbase and large skill gap which is caused by the bad reputation, that they are giving, turning off other players from it.

If you try and push people that don't want to play Conclave into doing so, all you'll have are a bunch of extremely frustrated and unhappy players who see their time spent in the mode as a chore, something they have to suffer through rather than enjoy.

This is starting to sound like you are describing a crapy job that nobody wants to do...and it makes sence. You have to work for the Cocnclave skins if you want to get them, but that's no diffrent from every other cosmetic, sence they can only be baught with :platinum:.

Go on, try to say something about this without using the word ''trading''. You are not letting me use it either, calling it a bandaid, so it's only fair.

5yhCPe8rQOyEynWpjfdd-A.png

Am 12.11.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Corvid:

From what I can tell, they're just watered-down versions of the PvE stances. Same combos and everything.

Yeah they are but i like some of the new combinations of attacks, exspecialy some of the nikana ones.

Am 13.11.2017 um 00:09 schrieb AlphaPHENIX:
Am 12.11.2017 um 23:45 schrieb Jago47:

Lunaro still has x2 conlave standing for challenges so all other modes are worse for maxing your standing.

Not true at all, for maximum gain of Conclave Standing you need to play all the modes and complete their challenges...mainly for the weekly missions, but it's still more efficient.

What i wanted to say is that you can get 6000 standing for a lunaro challange and only 3000 from every other mode.
The thing i wanted to say was it would be cool if all challanges would get you the same amount of standing (e.g. slide stike: 1k 3k and 6k and not: 

Slide Strike Kill X[1] enemies while sliding. ReputationLargeBlack‍500,ReputationLargeBlack‍1,500 or ReputationLargeBlack‍3,000 (Focused Slide Strike)
Snatch and Grab Steal the ball X[1] times.

ReputationLargeBlack‍1.000,ReputationLargeBlack‍3.000 or ReputationLargeBlack‍6.000 (Focused Snatch and Grab)

And yeah i agree with you that the challanges are the best way to get standing, exspecially the 50k from the Weekly.

14 hours ago, Talonflight said:

The reason most people dislike PvP is pretty simple.

They don't actually like a challenge, even when they clamor constantly for DE to add in "muh endgame, muh difficulty!". 

The reason that PvP is "too hard" and feels "bad" is because it requires actual skill. its focused on mobility and aiming, rather than on "turn on your 4 on Ember and AFK in Akkad" or "hold down the forward button and mash left click as mirage with a simulor" or on "spam E with excalibur's ulti", or on "get MUH RIVEN and 1shot kill everyone."

Then people complain that "I should have all the power I had in PvE!" instead of realizing that while you're piloting a godlike murder machine... in conclave, you're fighting OTHER godlike murder machines. It SHOULD be an even playing field. Which is why DE balanced it. The balance is a work in progress, but its a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

Then, when DE adds rewards to PvP events, the PvE crowd looses their minds about "B-But muh content locked behind PvP!" Even when the content is NOT game-altering in any way, shape, or form. Its a SIGIL. a SIGIL. Think about that. Let it sink in. Its a cosmetic item with no impact and usually you don't even LOOK at.

There are plenty of possibilities to make the conclave great. Sadly, there is a small but vocal group of players who tried it, disliked it, and proceeded to trash it until trashing conclave became the new cool trend for everyone to do, even if they've never tried it before.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1

yes

Just my 10 cents...

IMO, there are few simple things that can make conclave substantially more popular:

- official team-vs-team tournaments or other pvp events (with non-random team composition)

- Introducing different warframe-specific roles to team-based modes (this would require additional, but very straightforward balancing)

- Elaborating conclave lore

===

I have a lot of respect for DE's creativity and boldness when it comes to experimenting with game content. Maybe it's time to introduce something dramatically different? - e.g. a MOBA-like mode, in which players take roles of commanding/supporting major WF powers: Grineer vs Corpus squad battles 😂

On 11/13/2017 at 3:36 AM, TheKurtiStryke said:

in my opinion, the TOP reason people avoid conclave is beacuse it's really annoying and boring, beacuse of bullet jump, remove it(and other movement like double jump) and i bet you, more player(myself included) will certainly play(start play)conclave more ofetn.

Don't know you, but when i play in cocnlcave, aiming and shoot other players is really unnerving while they are bullet jumping here and there

Conclave is jumping simulator... added teleporting as special skill when your connection is bad. :highfive:

On 11/14/2017 at 2:32 AM, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Is it really that quiet in XB? Too bad, here in PS4, we have some competitive players whom always in the pvp. Some of them cancer, others are the real deal. 

Seems like XB just suffers a population issue since ps4 conclave matches are plenty. You also irregularly run into conclave demons who end your life.

Ran into a good conclave limbo and jesus even though limbo loses his shields in the rift (so one channeled melee swing will 1 shot him) this dude danced around the rift/material plane taking people out like it was nothing.

Limbo v Limbo was butt clenching, i lost though but i lost to Limbo so its cool.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, (Xbox One)Yamanishi1 said:

I think that you guys from Digital Extreme could create some additional content or event focused in Conclave or at least, increase the lootable items (quantity and quality) in order to drive some players there! 

Cold, hard, 100% no. Do not force players to do PVP to get stuff for PVE. Destiny does that and it is infuriating, big time. 

me personally want to enjoy Conclaive. I want it to be popular, but the reason for this is. 1st, a horrible matchmaking, 2nd cheaters
(yes there are sometimes people making use of aimbot! Some are doing this way too obvious, and some doing it less...)
And me as rank typhoon Conclaive player should probably know when someone happens to become jsut overkill or simply good?! hmmmm...

Want to fix conclave?  You have to fix the experience.  No carrot on a stick will get people to suddenly like it.

I played Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Versus mode many years ago. (A good game that shows that pve and pvp don't need their content mixed to be enjoyable). There was no items or prize to gain from playing it, people enjoyed it for the experience. No lootboxes, no cosmetics, no anything.

What is already there that turned people away from conclave, that needs to be looked at, not by adding some bells and whistles.