Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breath of the Eidolon fix?

Seracen

Hey DE, when will you fix the Breath of the Eidolon drop rate?  I have more Eidolon lens bps than I do Breath (which I need to build the lenses, go figure!)  Pretty clear the unavailability of BoE  is broken and creating an unintentional choke point for most of the higher end content on the Plains.  Any word on when a fix is coming?

grinding tier 5 bounties I did at least 4 today and no BoE. such a bottleneck for my progress... take note i am maxing out my final arcanes for the operators/zaws and this BoE is the worst to farm out of all the components... no fun at all...

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

And I have 50+ Breath of Eidolon and not a single Eidolon Lens. It is RNG and the nature of this game. It is working as intended.

that 50 BoE you have will be nothing when you start maxing your things...

Edited by kaz3n

17 minutes ago, kaz3n said:

that 50 BoE you have will be nothing when you start maxing your things...

Maxing what? Exodia Arcanes are underwhelming because the Zaws cannot compete with normal weapons, and I own 3 Operator/Amp Arcane sets + 6 different zaw strikes for MR + 4 Amps with different prisms. Those BoE are going to rot in my inventory until DE adds something worth spending them on.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

The real piss-off here is that it's supposed to be a common drop from the T5 bounties and I have gotten precisely 55 BoE (11 Drops) since launch. By far the most rewarded drop is the Axi Relic. I do this mission multiple times daily. Not all of us can be this unlucky?

В 13.11.2017 в 03:02, --Q--Voltage сказал:

Maxing what? Exodia Arcanes are underwhelming because the Zaws cannot compete with normal weapons, and I own 3 Operator/Amp Arcane sets + 6 different zaw strikes for MR + 4 Amps with different prisms. Those BoE are going to rot in my inventory until DE adds something worth spending them on.

Zaws and some of their arcanes are good in theory, but they still too bugged to even bother using. I just made my first Zaw and modding it is such a mess that I'm not touching it against until they fix it. It's already been 1 month since PoE was released ffs...

On 13.11.2017 at 1:02 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

Uh..what? I agree that the exodia arcanes are bad, but that is because of what they do, not the Zaw's being bad. In fact, some Zaw's are the best in their respective category (Machete, Dagger) or second or third (Sword, Polearm). Not compared my staff to the rest of them yet, and have not build a rapier.

Edit :

Compared the staff now; My Zaw is better than any of the current staff weapons, with Bo Prime coming the closest. The Zaw has the same attack speed, slightly more damage and crit chance, same status chance, and the majority of the damage in slash , closely followed by puncture (Bo prime has no slash at all). It could also have swapped crit- and status characteristics (25% crit, 14% status) by using another Link, depending on what you prefer.

I'll use the Zaw Calc now to check on Rapiers.

Edit 2 :

Ok, for Rapiers it is theoretically a sidegrade. The Endura has more raw damage, slightly less attack speed, complete trash for crit chance and the same amount of status chance. The Destreza has 1.1 more damage, but almost no slash, 6% more crit and lousy status chance at 20% less than the Zaw. Also .1 less AS. Swapping the link would give the zaw 5% more crit than the Destreza and 9 more status chance, making it a strict upgrade.

Soo... nope, Zaw's can compete with "normal" weapons just fine; in fact, pretty easily.

Edited by ShikiRen

Everyone seems to be having different experiences, but my experience is that something is definitely phuky with the drop rates.  I've done perhaps 30+ level 40-60 bounties.  I have received 20+ wisps, 10 or so relics, 2 eidolon lenses and zero breath of the eidolon (and some other crap, but it's not relevant to my point).  Looking at the drop tables, the wisps and relics seem right (25.3% chance for each), but the lenses and breath are way off.  Breath should be dropping at a rate of 25.3% and the lenses only 2%.  Statistically, I should have around 35-40 breath by now (drops at x5), and zero lenses (I might have gotten lucky once, but twice? Not remotely likely.)    Seems pretty broke to me.

Edited by Seracen

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, DE, for fixing the Breath of Eidolon drop rate.  SInce the hotfix today, I've gotten 10 breath in 2 bounties.  That's much better!  And thanks also for the bump on the iridite and wisp drops, that's appreciated too.  Now to enjoy all that content :)

Edited by Seracen

On 13/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, Seracen said:

Hey DE, when will you fix the Breath of the Eidolon drop rate?  I have more Eidolon lens bps than I do Breath (which I need to build the lenses, go figure!)  Pretty clear the unavailability of BoE  is broken and creating an unintentional choke point for most of the higher end content on the Plains.  Any word on when a fix is coming?

well lucky you, I have 0 Eidolon Lenses, and 73 BotE atm...