Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is a nominee for The Game Award's "Best Ongoing Game"

(PSN)LeBlingKing

i just hope warframe does get the title of the "best ongoing game" .

I dont know why is overwatch even there??? its "Awarded to a game for outstanding development of ongoing content that evolves the player experience over time." the only change to overwatch is new skins,heroes and maps which is just more of the same content it doesnt evolve or change anything and it has been out for just alittle more than a year! 

same for PUBG...and why the heck is Destiny 2 there??? it has literally just been a month...a month people! xD 

Only games that should even be considered to be there are warframe and siege and maybe GTA but the rest has no place there

59 minutes ago, AoBaka said:

I dont know why is overwatch even there??? its "Awarded to a game for outstanding development of ongoing content that evolves the player experience over time." the only change to overwatch is new skins,heroes and maps which is just more of the same content it doesnt evolve or change anything and it has been out for just alittle more than a year! 

same for PUBG...and why the heck is Destiny 2 there??? it has literally just been a month...a month people! xD 

Only games that should even be considered to be there are warframe and siege and maybe GTA but the rest has no place there

Agreed. List sux. Half of those games dont have ongoing development or evolving -.-

1 hour ago, AoBaka said:

This, like who made the list?

Wish Oneshot was involved somewhere. Really underrated game. Think of it kinda like Undertale, only it's shorter than it. Came out before it and its useage of the 4th wall makes Undertale look like '4th Wall Lite' Not to mention having one of the cutest protagonists I've ever seen.

4 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

I am unclear why any of those games in that Ongoing category are on it...

FFXIV and GW2 both have massive landmasses that have evolved their main character and the player's experience over a period of years with an active continuous and coherent story.

Maybe the reason is, FFXIV and GW2 both need to pay first but Warframe are totally free...?
For a free-to-play game that can come this far is not quite easy in these days.

Or maybe... it's just because, it's not a EA game like SWBFII :P

Just kidding:)

Edited by Leo2096

10 hours ago, AoBaka said:

Seriously, Overwatch is just another TF2.

PUBG is literally a ARMA2 mod a developer ripped off and split off from H1Z1.

Destiny2 is what Destiny should have been minus the DLC fixes which were suppose to be base game... (What happened to that planned 10 years of DLC anyways?)

GTA... Ehhhh... They haven't really innovated anything other than new ways of pissing off their player base. All the new things they've added recently have been taken from mods people made (Ironic how they wanted to shut mods down....)

10 hours ago, AoBaka said:

I came here to make this post, but I'll quote it instead.  I was expecting to see MMOs up there like WoW, Rift.  I really can't get over Destiny 2 being on there.  Just...wat.  All my wat.

19 hours ago, Leo2096 said:

Maybe the reason is, FFXIV and GW2 both need to pay first but Warframe are totally free...?
For a free-to-play game that can come this far is not quite easy in these days.

Or maybe... it's just because, it's not a EA game like SWBFII :P

Just kidding:)

...But that doesn't make any sense either though.

OverWatch isn't totally free, has barely any real story,  and the only real gameplay changes were additional characters.

Destiny 2 certainly isn't free to play either.

Is this award for shooters only?

12 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

...But that doesn't make any sense either though.

OverWatch isn't totally free, has barely any real story,  and the only real gameplay changes were additional characters.

Destiny 2 certainly isn't free to play either.

Is this award for shooters only?

I don't think this award(category)  is just for shooters game since other category have non-shooter game.

I haven't played other games so I can't say anything about them. But maybe it's just like the other said: the reason why warframe got nominated is, this game up for so long and still one of the most played games. Although I believe this is not the only reason why warframe got nominated. 

I think this also related to total active player, the way how studio manage the game, or some other factors. There's always multiple factors for them to decide which game sholud be nominated.

I definitely want Warframe to win, not just because it's really transformed over time, but also to stick it to the AAA behemoths like Destiny 2 and GTA Online. D2 is just Destiny with a few QoL changes, and GTA Online has just become grindier, more or less doing everything except holding you at gunpoint to buy shark cards. both games are riddled with Microtransactions even though you have to pay full retail for both. it's disgusting.

Overwatch i could see winning it, but the community there is toxic AF.

I suppose its an honor just to be nominated...

I voted as soon as I heard about this and then I voted again this afternoon. A little surprised not to see Path of Exile there but Overwatch? Huh... 

But just to give this game and its developers some love, please do get the vote out you guys and rep Warframe and DE.