Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

extra weapon mod slots

Jim22

Given how devastating some of my weapons already are, I don't think it's necessary, nothing in the game requires me to be that over powered. As much as I would love infinite modding just for the sake of "what if" like if you could have infinite mods, but you could only play solo, and you forfeit all rewards from your mission. But having a limit is what makes it challenging. It's all about saying "okay I have his much room to work with, how can I utilize it to its max potential." And that my friend is what makes good builds so satisfying :)

Preferably the game gets proper balancing in reduced enemy scaling and player power growth, but failing that, at least a slot exclusive to the mods Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike and Pressure Point.  They're beyond mandatory to get anywhere past Saturn.  Yes, I know that means another elemental mod for most people, for me, it means just enough room to fit on a magazine capacity, reload speed mod or recoil reduction mod.  There are a lot of weapons where I just need that one extra slot to take it from powerful but frustrating or weak but fun to suitable and fun.

16 minutes ago, Jim22 said:

ok I would really like if we got an extra 2 mod slots added to weapons if you disagree tell me why but if you agree tell me why as well. Thank you

I already got allot dmg on end game . I dont see a qpoint for more wapon slots. Because my wapon can handle everything till enemy 1 shot me.

What should actually be done is to fold the base essential damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point) into the weapon, with each level giving extra damage, resulting in a bonus equivalent to the max-rank mod at level 30. Same way that Warframes get +health, shield, power pool as they level up. Delete those mods. Hey presto, you just gave every single weapon in the game a new mod slot to use for whatever. Better yet, also add a "weapon exilus" slot that only takes utility mods for stuff like recoil reduction and max ammo.

Edited by FlyingDice

No. Right now the game is designed around the 8 mod slots that we use. Increasing the number of mod slots would require a complete rebalancing of all weapons and enemies. That said, I would be fine with getting rid of mods that are considered "essential" in all builds like the common serration, split chamber, etc, etc. However doing that would again require a complete rebalancing of every weapon and enemy in the game. There are better things DE could be doing IMO

There could be 1 mod slot that is kind of like stance on melee and aura on warframe.
Which is kind of for guns.

That if you fit in the matching polarity you can have bonus mod points, but since guns in general are used very much 
the same so changing stances might seems strange.