Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you start a clan, and take a break, kick all of your clanmates or this will happen

CHEAT0S

8 hours ago, CHEAT0S said:

The reason I started a clan was the notion that I wanted all of my work in building a dojo, investing in the research and all the other stuff to remain mine. If I left the game and returned then aall of that work, and in alot of cases money spent would again, remain mine. Now I have been gone for about a year. Work has been extremely busy for me and the game was at an all time high as far as getting on that treadmill and being bored out of my mind as at the time of my leaving all you needed to be successful in raiding in the void was a mesa, necro, mag with pull and and afk frost. Not exactly fun. So I left.

I have just recently returned to find that MY clan now has two leaders, no i wasn't kicked but now that investment in time and money is not in my possession solely which I find unacceptable. At the time of my forming my clan there was no indication that this was a possibility, had there been I would have just not bothered to form, build, and invest money into having one. This policy shift should have come with an email sent to every clan leader at the time of the change. But didn't. The description of this policy (which I still havent been able to find myself but did find in another thread of a guy who had his clan stolen from him completely) says that if a clan leader is now gone for 30 days then you can essentially hijack that clan for yourself. This is unacceptable.

So, a warning to all of those who own clans, if you feel like taking a break from this game because it gets stale like  week old bread left on a counter, make sure you kick all of your members otherwise the investment in time and money will end up in the hands of somebody else. seems kind of of S#&$ty but this is the policy that DE wants us to follow now. I cannot in any way see how DE can justify the annexing of what that amount of work represents to somebody who doesn't have the common sense to just leave a dead clan.

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR SINCE TOO MANY OF YOU ARE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS:

1 my personal experience in this is lucky since i made good decisions on who managed the clan in my absence

2 when i left i gave all controls that a warlord has to my second in command, the only thing thaqt he could not do was alliances, and the ability to oust me from the absolute leader position

3 I am still leader of my clan

4 i did not up and run away from the clan and the game as a whole without setting all of this up IN ADVANCE

5 THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST IS BECAUSE OF THE POLICY THAT DE IS GOING WITH NOT A PERSONAL RANT, MY EXPERIENCE IS AN EXAMPLE SO TRY AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT.

Thanks for sharing information & glad to know as well. Even after 4 years of playing Warframe, I had no clue about it until now. :shocked:

I guess DE is following the similar clan system policy of mobile game app called Marvel Future Fight, If the clan leader doesn't log in 30 days, it is automatically given to the next person in charge as far I know from my personal experience. 

I consider this a drag policy in my opinion & kind of sad to see this eccentric policy placed within clan system by the DE in this era. 

Lastly, As a fellow veteran tenno, this is all I wanted to say below, most forgotten quote:-

That's all I wanted to say... 

Edited by IIWingSaberII

1 minute ago, CHEAT0S said:

there are dojo changes incoming?

Yes, "soon". They have been in the works most of this year. Not sure when they are coming.

The only thing I want from it is a dojo planner. It would let people with the correct rank remodel the dojo instantly. *Assuming you were only using rooms you had already built.

Just now, CHEAT0S said:

there are dojo changes incoming?

If its a way to remodel your dojo without either spending hundreds of dollars  or months on end im going to puch something lol.

but again if the rest of this thread is all up in arms over research as their primary rationale for booting a leader while away fro more than 30 days then put in a system where if the leader isnt on for more than a week the rest of the players can access that system. or be rational as management and not worry about it in the first place and open it up for everybody

They are looking at clans and dojos currently.

I mean research is important to get the new things. I know I always log in and start research as soon as its available.

In the grand scheme of things its just a vidja game, its just a bunch of pixels and I know you've worked to get it where it was when you left and spent some cashish on doing so, but with your new business and with your life outside of warframe my only advice would be to 'sh*t happens' it. You can bet your bottom dollar that support will be 'its in the terms' and that will be that. Like i said before I've seen people have their clans ripped out from them after 31 days and not having gotten the title back.

I'd look at your accomplishments over the last year, maybe mend some bridges with your former clanmates (or current) and move on.

I genuinely hope you get past this and back into the Tenno family :)

1 minute ago, IIWingSaberII said:

If the clan leader doesn't log in 30 days, it is automatically given to the next person in charge as far I know from my personal experience. 

Except its not like this. People have to email support. Get support to approve it and so on. It is not an automated process. 

reminds me of the time it took my clan leader 2 weeks to kick this one guy who someone let in as a warlord by accident, they never contributed and we needed to downsize to make events easier (this was around Pacifism Defect I think.) it was quite the ordeal for him, but it's done now. hopefully some shake-ups with Dojo hierarchies will come when DE start focusing on Dojos like they said they would.

3 minutes ago, CHEAT0S said:

there is a dojo planner oput there, or there was one when i did my remodel approx 2 years ago.

In game?

What I want is an in game drag and drop system for dojo building. You know, kinda like a puzzle.

I know there are third party ones.

3 minutes ago, Dystopatica said:

They are looking at clans and dojos currently.

I mean research is important to get the new things. I know I always log in and start research as soon as its available.

In the grand scheme of things its just a vidja game, its just a bunch of pixels and I know you've worked to get it where it was when you left and spent some cashish on doing so, but with your new business and with your life outside of warframe my only advice would be to 'sh*t happens' it. You can bet your bottom dollar that support will be 'its in the terms' and that will be that. Like i said before I've seen people have their clans ripped out from them after 31 days and not having gotten the title back.

I'd look at your accomplishments over the last year, maybe mend some bridges with your former clanmates (or current) and move on.

I genuinely hope you get past this and back into the Tenno family :)

personally there are no problems in my experience, people seem to not get that my experience is not what im trying to bring light to. I posted this originally for that guy that just said he's been playing for 4 years and had no idea. along with trying to give al alternative to the current system to give that some traction. 9/10ths of this thread is people making assumptions that arent remotely correct. So much so that my next thread will simply be to advocate an open research policy and move forward from there because thats been what seems to be a majority of the response here

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

If a leader is afk, but gets an email saying: hey, you've been away for a while, your second in command has the right to lead as well, do you give permission? Then the leader can reply and say yes or no but the leader just return to set up and fix the clan so it doesn't continue to rot. 

If this should exist at all, this is how it should be handled.

However, this shouldn't exist in the first place, since people with power directly under the Leader of the clan should still be able to do just about everything. My clan gets along perfectly fine without our leader on, in fact, my leader just got back on for the first time in a month in a half, and we were functioning fine without them.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Except its not like this. People have to email support. Get support to approve it and so on. It is not an automated process. 

I just the read the policy now. Yes, you are indeed right about it. Glad to see, it's not an automated process.:satisfied:

Just now, CHEAT0S said:

So much so that my next thread will simply be to advocate an open research policy and move forward from there because thats been what seems to be a majority of the response here

Lets just hope they do this without being asked to. There is absolutely no logical reason to limit this to a rank. I have no idea why this is not a thing already.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

In game?

What I want is an in game drag and drop system for dojo building. You know, kinda like a puzzle.

I know there are third party ones.

sadly no not in game, and honestly i would cringe if it were in game unless you had a "make it like this" feature when you got it just right, which i can safely say will never happen. thats why the remodels are so expensive. and in my experience setting up a 3 floor plan works so much better than anything else. if you are in game send me a PM and ill show you how i setup mine

1 minute ago, CHEAT0S said:

sadly no not in game, and honestly i would cringe if it were in game unless you had a "make it like this" feature when you got it just right, which i can safely say will never happen. thats why the remodels are so expensive. and in my experience setting up a 3 floor plan works so much better than anything else. if you are in game send me a PM and ill show you how i setup mine

Oh, I just want it for moving rooms to a less used area. People in my clan have decided they want their own rooms, and put them in "smart" places. Now they have child rooms... I just want an easy way to put these somewhere less in the way.

I think that if DE executed the system well it could work quite nicely. Whether they would give us this system, or even execute it well remains to be seen. Although, it does seem to be a requested feature.

Just now, krc473 said:

Oh, I just want it for moving rooms to a less used area. People in my clan have decided they want their own rooms, and put them in "smart" places. Now they have child rooms... I just want an easy way to put these somewhere less in the way.

I think that if DE executed the system well it could work quite nicely. Whether they would give us this system, or even execute it well remains to be seen. Although, it does seem to be a requested feature.

i had an open build policy in my clan since day one because nothing is funnier than logging into my office and finding i cant leave it because there are 30 statue in the way. my clan is known for that kind of thing, its also why i stapled the trade terminal to the ceiling of the largest clan hall. but in general the rule is if you want your own room then there is one entire floor dedicated to that. I just recently cut it mostly back for future players

19 minutes ago, CHEAT0S said:

i had an open build policy in my clan since day one because nothing is funnier than logging into my office and finding i cant leave it because there are 30 statue in the way. my clan is known for that kind of thing, its also why i stapled the trade terminal to the ceiling of the largest clan hall. but in general the rule is if you want your own room then there is one entire floor dedicated to that. I just recently cut it mostly back for future players

I hope they expand on clan building. I would like to give clan members access to their own rooms, but not allow them to tear down the rest of the Dojo. At least least separate build/destroy permissions.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I hope they expand on clan building. I would like to give clan members access to their own rooms, but not allow them to tear down the rest of the Dojo. At least least separate build/destroy permissions.

i agree completely, honestly if they want to tear down their own rooms thats fine so enable a blow up what you make policy setting would be optimal. my second had an issue with that not too long ago because the guy was raging about a quest or something to that effect, took near a quarter of one floor with him before he was removed.

or barring that have the request  for demolition go through somebody with the actual architect ability so they could in fact be architects in regards to the clan

8 hours ago, CHEAT0S said:

for once would you people not make assumptions.

I'm upset with DE for not protecting clan leaders in the event they leave the game ( god how could something be more important than this game) due to any number of reasons. you keep trying to litigate my eexperience when the larger issue im trying to bring up here is the flaw in the policy. what if a leader leavfes because their wife dies? or is in the hospital, or any number of @(*()$ reasons that i hope nobody ever has the misfortune of going though. did you think of that? no, you are just litligating on pure assumption towards my particular experiences and doing it poorly. and avoiding the larger point.

Firstly nothing to so urgent in this game that in 30 days you need to make some sort of huge change that your life in the game depends on it.

secondly due to any number of life ( you know that actual important thing) issues and or situations you might leave the game for a while, does that mean you should not have a clan that you founded and invested time , money, and effort into? this im citing from another person's experience in a similar situation

Third, if the assertion of the clan needing a leader is really the critical issue here, then how does a de facto ruler role not satisfy all of the points made

Fourth, How can you say that a de facto ruler role is not preferable to being kicked out of a clan in order to have the leader preserve their work put into it? my suggestion is much more preferable to the alternative for all involved.

Ok your issue in your first point is thinking people make a ticket the day someone leaves. I myself am a leader of a clan via promotion after a ticket. Our clan leader was infamous for leaving for weeks at a time due to "stress" and then refusing to update anyone. I had gone on hiatus myself and when I came back was shocked to see over 300 inactive members in my moon clan. Not a single person had made a ticket for 6 months. It wasn't until our leader came back the same time I did and promoted me and left again did they say enough already. You keep mentioning people not knowing your circumstances, but you haven't grasped the circumstances that made your clan seek out someone else to take the helm. You may think 30 days is a short amount of time but when you play a game actively 30 days is a lifetime to wait for someone that eventually doesn't show. You were gone a long time, if it was 2 months I would have some sympathy but at a certain point people want to move on and thats hard for most people so they look for help to improve the circumstances they are in. To be upset at a policy that has allowed me to help rebrand a dead clan and to make alliances with clans where half my clanmates fled to when this one could no longer be of use happens to upset ME. Sorry you actually came back and found you weren't kicked like I did to my own clan leader. Sorry you were lucky enough to find irl success and found you were also lucky enough to have someone you could trust to take your place even if you didn't appoint them leader. Also you seem to forget that new guns get added to dojo labs constantly so your clan definitely were solely responsible for the contributions of all content after you left. So pls don't act like it was by your mercy that you let these people use your dojo and its research. I get its a game, but clans become a community for people online so F*** off.

Edited by MissDandi

I'm 2IC for my Clan as chosen by its then active members, we had a clan leader (the guy who originally created it it) who had been inactive for over a year when we asked DE to do something about it, he came back some time after that for a short while and possibly to spite us promoted his brother to warlord and at current count hasn't been on again for 507 days. He may have been annoyed about it but tough when you leave for long periods of time you will have to expect that people who stayed active wanted to keep things rolling. Such that it was that when our leader recently came back after his own long break he wanted to know if we wanted him to step down since he had been away for so long.

So if you get right down to the Numbers our clan has 5 Warlords ~ the two that haven't been on for 400+ days, Our Leader, myself and another who was tasked with promoting me to Warlord and then has decided to stay as one. Only quibbles that have come up has been some dissatisfaction by the 3IC when the Leader recently came back and added some friends he had made in another game.

I can see it as the "disgrace" concept but in reality this does force players to actually seek out an active clan instead of holding on to a dead one.

Few things kill a players enjoyment like being in an inactive clan with no clear sign of ever being revived.

Rude might be how people see it but it is at least honest.

Edited by Brorelia

3 минуты назад, Brorelia сказал:

I can see it as the "disgrace" concept but in reliability this does force players to actually seek out an active clan instead of holding on to a dead one.

Few things kill a players enjoyment like being in an inactive clan with no clear sign of ever being revived.

Rude might be how people see it but it is at least honest.

It will create another problem.

Why contribute anything to a clan if you can be kicked at any time? Will you want to be at the mercy of someone like OP?

And while this particular situations is unclear (have OP said what OTHER players contributed to a clan while he was away?), I am sure that for every story about stolen clan, there are 30 tales about not being able to complete Hema research or get any event done because a Warlord is nowhere around to be seen and a Storm Clan have 9 active members (and that players invested heavily).

17 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

It will create another problem.

Why contribute anything to a clan if you can be kicked at any time? Will you want to be at the mercy of someone like OP?

And while this particular situations is unclear (have OP said what OTHER players contributed to a clan while he was away?), I am sure that for every story about stolen clan, there are 30 tales about not being able to complete Hema research or get any event done because a Warlord is nowhere around to be seen and a Storm Clan have 9 active members (and that players invested heavily).

I am not saying it is a nice situation to be in but it does force players to stop holding on to what is dead and might well stay dead forever.

My first clan had the leader disappear for 4 or 5 months before most of us who remained jumped boat for an active clan. If we had all been kicked we might well have moved on to active clans sooner. Pissed off yes but freed from what we held as a focus in the game.

There is no good answer to this since a leader who leaves the game can hold a clan hostage without even knowing it.

Kicking everyone might be seen as bad but a clear silver lining is that the kicked players are free to find another clan.

Basically it is a case of "might not happen" vs will never happen. One will remove any possibility while the other will keep people hoping for the best with no guarantied end in sight.

Edited by Brorelia

4 минуты назад, Brorelia сказал:

I am not saying it is a nice situation to be in but it does force players to stop holding on to what is dead and might well stay dead forever.

My first clan had the leader disappeared for 5 months before most of us who remained jumped boat for an active clan. If we had all been kicked we might well have moved on to active clans sooner.

There is no good answer to this since a leader who leaves the game can hold a clan hostage without even knowing it.

Kicking everyone might be seen as bad but a clear silver lining is that the kicked players are free to find another clan.

Or you could contact support and get leadership transfered?

And I do understand the "joy" of sitting in paralized clan untill finally giving up and moving on. Wish I could take that 3k Mutagen Samples and 3 event statues with me :(

But hey, it is just a game :)

10 hours ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

The clan belongs to the members not just the leader/creator, so that is why DE allows members to request a transfer of leadership.

Where does it say that their clan can be taken from them? That's the problem. On top of that. Will they take a clan away from you if all you do is sign in for your login bonus and sign out every day? Say the leader informs everyone he won't be around for a couple weeks for a move, does DE have a time frame in which someone's clan can be taken away? If so, where is this written down?

I remember seeing a thread where a guy had his clan pulled out from under him by a opportunistic thief. It is completely unacceptable that DE allow this sort of thing to happen, especially since they barely inform you of any sort of Warlord policy nor do they provide you a warning via email. 

The user was in the same situation where he decided to take a break until the next big update hit. He then came back to find that one of the players he'd invited to the clan before he went offline had taken control of the clan, kicked him along with all of his officers (friends) and filled his clan with people he did not know so there was 0% chance of him getting it back and when he took it to Support they shoved this previously unknown policy in his face and said "tough sh*t boi". It was a complete disgrace on DE's part. People should not be able to swipe someone else's clan and reap the benefits of the time and resources that the original creator spent investing in it. 

This policy should be highlighted in massive bold letters across your screen when you first start up a clan. At the very least, a system should be set up in which the Warlord is sent a warning email once their absence has gone over the thirty day mark. DE needs to meet clan creators halfway.

First off, an inactive founder who's been inactive for however long without any explaination, should be able to be replaced by willing clan-members. A clan is a group of people, not one person, and it would be highly unfair for clan-members to invest their time and resources into a clan they can't participate in properly due to an inactive leader.

Having said that, it should be stated clearly in-game when you start a clan, or invite your first member or whatever, that if you're inactive for X amount of days without explaination, then your clan members can contact support to get the clan leader replaced.

That title seems a bit overly aggresive though, my first thoughts were that OP was thinking "If I go AWOL and don't have access to my clan, then no-one else should have access to it either."