Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo'ing teralyst (without chroma/trinity)

(PSN)supersocc11

Who's done it and what's your set up? I HATE it that as players we have been forced to rely on 2-4 frames to EFFICIENTLY take down teralysts. I just happen to not enjoy playing as chroma or trinity and don't have titania. 

The beauty of warframe has always been the vast levels of choice the player had to takedown enemies. With eidolons, if you want to play solo, you're choice is severely limited.

So what has your experience been and what are your thoughts on the topic?

2 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I mean the Teralyst is supposed to be taken on in a group, of course you're going to have to get specific when trying to solo.

Touche. It just makes this big piece of content that DE is clearly investing further in much less compelling (or possible outside of specific set ups) for players who prefer to play solo.  But I get it, this something that is very difficult to balance around and I'm sure players like me who really enjoy playing solo (outside of hydron/akkad pubs) are the minority. 

I tend to run Oberon Prime for all my solo hunting needs. Don't have the exact mod setup in front of me, but the main parts are Rage (or the new Hunter Adrenaline) plus ~200% power strength--I use a combination of Energy Conversion and Growing Power to keep a pretty strong Renewal rolling at all times. Don't usually have issues with the eidolon lures dying, unless I pick up the really low-level (~15) ones near the gates; just have to remember to cast/recast Renewal once they're rounded up, otherwise they won't get the buffs. Weapons include Tigris Prime and Euphona Prime, both modded for as much radiation damage as I can get, plus crit/crit damage for the Euphona. Shwaak Prism and/or Pencha Scaffold are both good amp choices for burning down its shields. The Shwaak Prism especially has the added bonus of being really good at killing vomvalysts since it has a wide AoE and punch through, and it also provides a guaranteed impact proc for Growing Power if you're running it. Usually I can perfect clear one a night with ~15 minutes to spare.

Hope some of that helps.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Ok i get you

What?

I just shoot myself with chroma but please explain this magic?

Not as instant as chroma I know but the blind rage is to speed up the last stage with head shot damage boost. The pyrana has a radiation multishot riven. The Ivara is because I refuse to play anything else. Vazarin for the agresive self healing.

Edited by Skrewyluie

killing an eidolon solo is easy... i did it with chroma, volt, harrow, mesa
capturing one solo is a different matter: trinity, chroma, volt
have a riven that pushes my euphona prime to 13k radiation dmg and 100%+ crit

Edited by kuchn

the safe option is something that can Heal in some way to help keep Lures from being Killed. after that whatever Damage Multipliers you can get that are self buffs.
if you're fine with getting risky, there's various Warframes that can give some very sizable Damage Multipliers.
those choices would be... Harrow, Ivara, Octavia, Volt. Mesa probably does fine as usual assuming Peacemaker will target the Weakpoints (and Shooting Gallery + Ballistic Battery could do well provided you use something with extremely high Crit Damage), Limbo might work (as long as you can Rift the Teralyst, you probably can't) but would rely on having a lot of Vomvalysts around and Limbo would be very squishy for this fight, Rhino has an acceptable Damage Multiplier but it's one of the weakest in the game.

your Weapon choices are anything Crit Based, and can preferably shoot atleast ~2x a second.
Rivens will heavily determine what Weapons you can or cannot realistically use for this.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I just shoot myself with chroma but please explain this magic?

scratch the Pyrana because it's not a good choice for an Enemy that big but aside from that, Prowl has a Headshot Multiplier, and Navigator has a large Damage Multiplier as well.
conjoining those will certainly deal high Damage.

like any Exalted Weapon though, Artemis Bow is pretty powerful and is also an option.

using Ivara is risky though, without overwhelming Damage to finish the engagement ASAP or Healing, completing the engagement before the Lures die is a diceroll.
Vazarin Healing can help but is nowhere near as effective as something a Warframe can bring for being able to safely look away from Lures to focus on the Damage you need to deal.

I solo captured one with a high duration Gara. With Splinter Storm, I made every lure tanky enough to survive the whole battle thanks to 90% damage reduction. You'll need to get used to using her 4 to refresh the buffs on everything. Its much better than recasting the buff on every lure and yourself, but sometimes those lures fly a bit too high that the 4 misses them.

Not the fastest way Im sure, but it was very reliable for my first attempt. However, managing the buffs can be a bit annoying after a while.

Edited by (XB1)bigsnake84

Oberon P or Gara and Health plates are fine too for the capture. Just keep up Oberon's 3 or Gara's 2 on the Lures and make extensive use of operator void mode during big attacks. It's more about clearing out grineer mortar bombards/turrets and getting the voms down quickly to prevent re-shielding. Personally I go for a very hard hitting radiation secondary (Euphona P in my case) for limbs and then a sniper (Vectis P or Vulkar Wraith) for headshot combo for the final phase. Corrosive Projection is your friend. I also have a tanky Adarza that only occasionally stands underneath during a stomp. Chew down all 4 limbs to nearly nothing in the very first phase to save having to do that when it ramps up the mechanics later. Shwaak prism amp > the others.

Edited by Zendadaist

7 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Who's done it and what's your set up? I HATE it that as players we have been forced to rely on 2-4 frames to EFFICIENTLY take down teralysts. I just happen to not enjoy playing as chroma or trinity and don't have titania. 

Harrow, Oberon, Volt or Gara are my solo goto options.

Gara is especially easy due to the 90% DR that she can give the lures.
Volt makes things go quickly  with his shield buffing your amp damage so you can quickly burn down the Teralyst shields.
Harrow and Oberon can heal the lures, and both of them have ways to prevent the frames from being mag-procced by the Teralysts roars.

You can do it with literally anyone, just start bounty 4 or 5 for lures to be higher level and park them far away from teralyst so they dont get hit. Then how fast you kill depends on how good your lanka riven is and how good your operator amp/amp arcane are. Also depends on how many focus passives you use at same time, with madurai ones being most important.

That can be done on any frame without using any abilities.

You can solo Teralyst with literally any frame.

That being said, ignoring the frames you mentioned you didn't like, you'll probably want something with good survivability like Wukong.

Bring an Opticor, prism of choice is either shwaak or granmu for max dps. With shwaak you'll want to take advantage of its large radius and punchthrough to hit as many limbs/appendages as possible.

16 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Yeah i just read this, ive had her since her inception and never knew this. Ive read her in game abilities very often and missed it every time somehow.

This is one of the many reasons i advise players from gimping Ivara's power strength.  It effects a lot more than just the power of her Artemis Bow.  :D