Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please nerf or remove Ember already...

Glavenusaur

Hello All,

I have only been playing the game for a short while but have started to get frustrated as to how easy an ember in a team just takes care of everything, playing defence matches in public is no longer as enjoyable as she just kills everything simply because she runs around the map, while the rest of us are just left there sitting on our A$$es fiddling with our ba!!$! Im sure we can at least agree that ability of hers is a little too much no?

Edited by Glavenusaur

Prepare for the hoard of Ember users that will start to tell how poorly she does in higher levels, how squishy she is and how powerful other frames are (you will hear about Equinox, Mesa, Excalibur will be thrown around the discussion too). You have opened Pandora's box! ^^ Grab a bag of popcorn!

lol, every day there is a post to ask DE to nerf one specific Warframe, maybe is better to stop play warframe? or even better close Warframe? (why need to nerf somethings in a 99% single player games?)

Please DE, erase warframe!!!!!!

Its crowd control for squishy targets. If your complaining about her wiping everything instantly then your not experiencing the full or even end game. She falls flat hard while other frames become stronger the higher the difficulty is (Ash as an example) Maybe try higher level stuff with ember then come back and try to say she needs a nerf.

Just now, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Lol are u serious ? It's not even that powerful dmg

I'm dead serious, i cant speak for end game content, as im only an MR8 who just completed saturn, but whenever she comes into a game i just know how it will end, with an ember being at the top of the board by leagues simply because of her "sprint to win" ability.

Just now, Glavenusaur said:

I'm dead serious, i cant speak for end game content, as im only an MR8 who just completed saturn, but whenever she comes into a game i just know how it will end, with an ember being at the top of the board by leagues simply because of her "sprint to win" ability.

There would still be Banshee and Saryn who are even larger AoE nukes, not to mention Nova and Nidus who actually scale into late game. Nerfing Ember would change nothing as people would swap to the frames mention earlier. Ember relies fully on CC in late game.

1 minute ago, Glavenusaur said:

Then learn how to better honestly how much frames did u tried? 

Because trust me I can kill everything very fast and effective with nezha and a whip 

Then i'm here with an equinox stealing all ember kills.

I'm always thankful when someone carries the whole team. I can focus properly on the TV series/movie that i'm watching, spend time on facebook, do school stuff. 

If you really want to have fun. Go play solo in missions or go play with your friends without an ember, or just leave the mission geeeez.

#LEECHLIFE

(thread will become toxic i think. close it down now! xD)

Edited by --Q--XFA

Yeah, Ember's pretty fuckin' gross in low and mid-tier missions. Her damage output through skills alone starts to reign in enemy as enemy levels climb, and once you hit sorties she starts to fall solidly into the "doesn't always hurt to have around ut also is rarely the path of least resistance"-tier, but that's pretty much where the end of the line is for leveled content you're expected to be able to do ends. That arc of enemy HP and (where applicable) armor scaling as levels climb up is more-or-less the source of your woes. To be viable in higher level content (without requiring some sort of extremely esoteric amount of skill in playing or modding on the player's part), Ember has to be able to push a ton of damage through her skills, which leads right around to her being able to trivialize low-and-mid-range content.

9 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

Prepare for the hoard of Ember users that will start to tell how poorly she does in higher levels, how squishy she is and how powerful other frames are (you will hear about Equinox, Mesa, Excalibur will be thrown around the discussion too). You have opened Pandora's box! ^^ Grab a bag of popcorn!

NuvaKnO.gif

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LovesLost13 said:

Again. The early game stuff is only a very small percentage when compared to higher level stuff. Then you will notice its extremely rare unless your doing an infested defense or something to see her rolling about. And even when she is there. Get ready to revive her atleast 1-3 rounds\waves

Then please, for my sake and beginners like me, avoid entering low level nodes with her equipped in public matches, no one is impressed with her running around the map like its bloody "mirrors edge". and if you want to farm using her, then please, kindly do so in solo, lesser enemies there which means the match will end quicker for you anyway, using her on public low level nodes takes  the enjoyment out of it for more than just myself, even if i would want a match to end quick, i would prefer to have done something instead of just stand and shoot like im "pretending" to help...

Edited by Glavenusaur

OP, you can:

• Try politely asking the player to turn of WoF (It helps);
  • Leave the pub game if ember is present;
  • Get your own ember (really easy to do);
  • Play solo;
  • If in a clan, arrenge your own party to go kill stuff;
  • Use recruitment channel.

Why touch yourself in inapropriate places when there are so many solutions to your problem?

Edited by Darrel_Reiner

12 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

Nah, this story got old before sentient life appeared on Earth (pun almost intended), the problem isn't with Ember being "OP", it's with low-level content still being necessary for high-ranked players. They still need things from low-rank missions (Lith/Meso relic drops, some resources, plus occasional alerts) and there's close to no alternative to get them elsewhere. 

Give them an option to run a Lith mission with double drops per relic with 4x or even 10x enemy levels of Earth and you'll be seeing much less of "Horible, OP Ember" in missions where her WoF can wipe entire maps out. No such thing? Too bad, then. 

20 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Hello All,

I have only been playing the game for a short while but have started to get frustrated as to how easy an ember in a team just takes care of everything, playing defence matches in public is no longer as enjoyable as she just kills everything simply because she runs around the map, while the rest of us are just left there sitting on our A$$es fiddling with our ba!!$! Im sure we can at least agree that ability of hers is a little too much no?

Calling for a nerf is probably just a knee jerk reaction since you're newer and don't actually know what kinds of nerfs some frames have received. Ember was already nerfed btw, she used to be able to pump up her damage mitigation by a lot. I understand the frustration though, but you do need to understand that a lot of players pick frames that are optimized for specific levels and ember is extremely good for low level content grinding.

2 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Then please, for the my sake and beginners like me, avoid entering low level nodes with her equipped in public matches, no one is impressed with her running around the map like its bloody "mirrors edge". and if you want to farm using her, then please, kindly do so in solo, lesser enemies there which means the match will end quicker for you anyway, using her on public low level nodes takes  the enjoyment out of it for more than just myself, even if i would want a match to end quick, i would prefer to have done something instead of just stand and shoot like im "pretending" to help...

Honestly, I've learned that there really isn't anything I can do to change the behaviour of anyone. You'd be better off just heeding the advice of numerous other users and play solo or get your own group together via recruit chat or a clan.

If I see you in recruit chat getting a group together, I'll be happy to join with my minimum mod setups.