7 minutes ago, Darrel_Reiner said:

OP, you can:

• Try politely asking the player to turn of WoF (It helps);
  • Leave the pub game if ember is present;
  • Get your own ember (really easy to do);
  • Play solo;
  • If in a clan, arrenge your own party to go kill stuff;
  • Use recruitment channel.

Why touch yourself in inapropriate places when there are so many solutions to your problem?

•  How likely do you think an ember player would NOT use WOF when they specifically chose her for the game mode to listen to my polite request.
  • If most of the low level lobbies weren't filled her to begin with, i wouldn't have made this thread, we both know the truth here though, im sure.
  • Sure, when my sole purpose for enjoyment in the game deteriorates to the point where i show off my ember on low level nodes thinking im the dankest of the dank, except for the fact that im just ruining it for people.
  • Yeah, how dare i just sit and play on public without wanting to worry about about if i would be able to do anything in the match or not...
  • same as above...

No offence to you dude, i don't want to sound aggressive in the slightest, she just gets to me for the reasons above, if you're on PC lets play sometime ^_^

It's not exclusively Ember, who can do that.

With my current build, my Equinox can clear entire map sections with her Maim slash procs alone (the one being applied as soon as enemies enter the AoE). This works up to an enemy level of 25 - From then on, mid-tier enemies (infested boilers, for example) need 1-2 shots from any gun to die - Further up, in the region of level 40-60, my Equinox simply needs a hard hitter as a primary weapon, to then continue to nuke entire areas, as her Maim damage build-up scales with enemy level (IIRC it takes into account a percentage of the max enemy health)

So, if your concern is about getting to kill something as well (or at all having something to do), Ember is the least of your worries.

While i do think ember falls of quite harshly in endgame, she is clearly a problem in earlygame. Though, i have 0 clue how to fix this dilematic problem (nerf and people will say she's useless, keep as she is and it eill be a huge turn off for new players who encountered a dck ember player early on).

2 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

With my current build, my Equinox can clear entire map sections with her Maim slash procs alone (the one being applied as soon as enemies enter the AoE). This works up to an enemy level of 25 - From then on, mid-tier enemies (infested boilers, for example) need 1-2 shots from any gun to die - Further up, in the region of level 40-60, my Equinox simply needs a hard hitter as a primary weapon, to then continue to nuke entire areas, as her Maim damage build-up scales with enemy level (IIRC it takes into account a percentage of the max enemy health)

So, if your concern is about getting to kill something as well (or at all having something to do), Ember is the least of your worries.

Maybe so, but i have yet to even see an Equinox in a match let alone know what her abilities are like, Ember however just seems to be EVERYWHERE! i literally rejoice when im in a match without her win or lose, because i at least then i would know that we all at least tried, but more importantly were given the opportunity to do so. If it was every now and then, I wouldn't mind as much, but i literally find her in every other defence game!.

1 minute ago, Glavenusaur said:

Maybe so, but i have yet to even see an Equinox in a match let alone know what her abilities are like, Ember however just seems to be EVERYWHERE! i literally rejoice when im in a match without her win or lose, because i at least then i would know that we all at least tried, but more importantly were given the opportunity to do so. If it was every now and then, I wouldn't mind as much, but i literally find her in every other defence game!.

You appeal to emotions.

I appeal to facts - Ember players on mass are bad and you can smash them on the big damage counter. Want proof?
xkcbSEZ.png
NXmPMwi.png

Among other examples, but this one was waaaaaaaaaay to good to pass.

12 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

It's not about who can kill as fast/better than her, it's about who people actually use. There's no point in naming other warframes when 90% use Ember for this purpose. 

43 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I don't see how Ember's damage is even bad when melee is able to crit @(*()$ billions with slide spam lol. Play higher level missing, Ember falls against high level enemies pretty quickly and the noobs get downed quickly anyway.

41 minutes ago, -TSA-Irmdall said:

This.

No need for any nerfs

40 minutes ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Lol are u serious ? It's not even that powerful dmg

just solo your missions

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)bigsnake84 said:

Ember's ability World on Fire will always seem way too overpowered in the low levels. But like many others will point out, her damage falls off pretty hard in the higher levels.

How is relevant that ember cannot clear the map over x level for the fact that it completely and utterly trivialize the game up until that level and does it with 0 effort. At least other OP frames have to do something more than just push 4 and lazyly run around as a headless chickens making the missions a walking simulatore for the rest of the squad.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Loot/mission rewards are far more important than kills. No one (should) cares about the most kills at the end of a round.

Embrace that philosophy and learn to live with Ember.

Dude, i care. As much as i like loot in games i want to at least feel like i earned it. Not get carried without having any chance to do so otherwise.

26 минут назад, Glavenusaur сказал:
  •  How likely do you think an ember player would NOT use WOF when they specifically chose her for the game mode to listen to my polite request.
  • If most of the low level lobbies weren't filled her to begin with, i wouldn't have made this thread, we both know the truth here though, im sure.
  • Sure, when my sole purpose for enjoyment in the game deteriorates to the point where i show off my ember on low level nodes thinking im the dankest of the dank, except for the fact that im just ruining it for people.
  • Yeah, how dare i just sit and play on public without wanting to worry about about if i would be able to do anything in the match or not...
  • same as above...

No offence to you dude, i don't want to sound aggressive in the slightest, she just gets to me for the reasons above, if you're on PC lets play sometime ^_^

None taken, sure you can add me ingame, but will comment on what you said:

• Atleast in this game, players can listen and adapt (at first I asked to turnn WoF off, most people actually complied. If somebody doesnt like the ability i use and asks - I'll wont use it), sometimes it's a lack of communication in a group that can make a mission sour (from my experience).
  • if I'm on, say, Neptune, Jupiter, Ceres or lower, i'Il get ember in my team mabe once or twice a day(totally understand that you'r experience may differ).
  • Agree, but if you dont enjoy the session, you can leave, nobody will hold it against you.
  • I'll combine the last two, since, welp... Public game is free for everyone to play however they want tbh, so you may meet different types of players, some mabe, will not like how you play.

Please note: the previous post was ment as advice as well as the current one no intent to start a holy war.

Edited by Darrel_Reiner

5 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

How is relevant that ember cannot clear the map over x level for the fact that it completely and utterly trivialize the game up until that level and does it with 0 effort. At least other OP frames have to do something more than just push 4 and lazyly run around as a headless chickens making the missions a walking simulatore for the rest of the squad.

Using hyperbola and half truths much?

What does Excalibro, Valkyr, Equinox and other frames do? Press 4 + maybe mash some E?
What does Loki do?
What does Ivara do?
What does Volt do?
What does Nova do?
What does Wu Kong do?

All frames have at least 1 scrub way to play them, that requires "0 effort".  And don't you dare speaking about "trivializing the game" while Atterax and Rivens are in the game.

PS: Nerf Ember! Then the next AoE frame, then the next one. All because people know only to demand, but never to get over the fact that star chart missions are scrub town.

Ok. I will a actually go in on one of your points... remove ember... really? What about those who put time and even real money into her? how are you to compensate that? for the prime version (atleast on console) people easily pay other players 600 to sometimes 800 plat. are you gonna pay them back? not to mention resouces ( forma reactors). And don't say oh just give them 1000 plat. great not you just ruined or atleast did a big number to the economy of warframe. soooooo nice thought. Now onto your point of nerfing her. Oh great. make her only thing which is early game take it away.. oh my.. now I know I will never see her past level 30. She is a good frame and is good at what she does. Which is crowd control. If you somehow can't kill them and for some reason depend on Ember. In the End kills mean nothing I could kill 1000 enemies. doesn't matter. All that matters is resources (which at MR8 ) should be one of the most important things. So its easier to hit late game. Hell I wish I had an Ember when I was a lower rank. 

2 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Dude, i care. As much as i like loot in games i want to at least feel like i earned it. Not get carried without having any chance to do so otherwise.

You need to realize (and it took me a while to 'get it', myself) that damage-done is essentially zero-sum.  When player A does more, Players B, C, and D, *must* do less.  Just because player A does 70% of the damage, however, doesn't mean that B, C, and D were incapable of doing it without A.

34 minutes ago, Darrel_Reiner said:

None taken, sure you can add me ingame, but will comment on what you said:

• Atleast in this game, players can listen and adapt (at first I asked to turnn WoF off, most people actually complied. If somebody doesnt like the ability i use and asks - I'll wont use it), sometimes it's a lack of communication in a group that can make a mission sour (from my experience).
  • if I'm on, say, Neptune, Jupiter, Ceres or lower, i'Il get ember in my team mabe once or twice a day(totally understand that you'r experience may differ).
  • Agree, but if you dont enjoy the session, you can leave, nobody will hold it against you.
  • I'll combine the last two, since, welp... Pulic game is free for everyone to play however they want tbh, so you may meet different types of players, some mabe, will not like how you play.

Please note: the previous post was ment as advice as well as the current one no intent to start a holy war.

No worries dude, i thumbed your comment still for what its worth. ^_^

• I have yet to ask an ember player and in all honesty, didnt really even think of doing it, my point was based on an assumption if anything.
  • experiences certainly do differ, i wish i was as lucky as you in this regard.
  • because of the above, leaving only helps somewhat, that and i would still feel like im letting the the other players down even if they wouldn't think so.
  • I agree, public is for anyone to play however they want, which is why i made the thread in hopes of her being a little more "reigned in" on lower levels, maybe just one person would be considerate thanks to this thread and other peoples threads for new players, because for me at the very least. it literally sucks the life out of the game...

:thumbup:

Edited by Glavenusaur

14 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Using hyperbola and half truths much?

What does Excalibro, Valkyr, Equinox and other frames do? Press 4 + maybe mash some E?
What does Loki do?
What does Ivara do?
What does Volt do?
What does Nova do?
What does Wu Kong do?

All frames have at least 1 scrub way to play them, that requires "0 effort".  And don't you dare speaking about "trivializing the game" while Atterax and Rivens are in the game.

PS: Nerf Ember! Then the next AoE frame, then the next one. All because people know only to demand, but never to get over the fact that star chart missions are scrub town.

Lol.

While I do agree that certain abilities should be toned down,still all those frames do way more than ember. She literally push one button once then walks around. That's it.She doesn't need to spam it, she doen't need to build it up to do dmg, she doesn't need to shoot or hit anything, she just push a button and start to run around.

Edited by Nirrel

OP needs to understand it's a coop game, not a competitive game, and that in "RPGs" there are almost always tank, support and DPS

It's like playing with Equinox and complaining that Trinity is "getting all the heals", or complaining that Valkyr took 90% of the damage

"OMG Nyx! Stop CCing all the enemies, it's not fair"

1 minute ago, Nirrel said:

Lol.

While I do agree that certain abilities should be toned down,still all those frames do way more than ember. She literally push one button once than walks around. That's it.She doesn't need to spam it, she doen't need to build it up to do dmg, she doesn't need to shoot or hit anything, she just push a button and start to run around.

Lol.

You are literary a person that can not comprehend that the difference between pressing 4 and walking or spamming E (or holding fire) while walking is only one thing - personal preference. 

Or not - Please do tell me how much skills are needed for mashing E or holding the Fire button. 

35 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

You don't see equinox everywhere because her parts are harder, way harder to get than ember's. 

Usually late ember players (myself included) care to become more efficient in clearing the missions as fast as possible, so we can get more rewards with around the same time used (or wasted) comparable to players using other frames on the same mission.  Newer ember players usually cares about how much kills they can get in a mission, until they realize that kill count doesn't really matter at all. 

There's nothing you can do except either ask them nicely to turn wof off (who knows, many nice people in this game, and I myself, if asked, will turn it off), organize your party (ask friends, clannies, or recruiting channel) or if you've no time to do all that, abort the mission and re do it. 

Perhaps, one day, if you happen to use ember yourself, you'll understand what other ember users are doing, why they do what they do

Edited by LordNero86
Typos

It is honestly hilarious how people cry Ember nerf, when plenty of other frames are press keys and forget (Equinox and Octavia). Ember doesn't scale and can only faceroll starchart. Even in Axi fissures, I could kill faster than an Ember using Equinox or a Scoliac with Volt.

The "It's no fair they took my kills" argument in a coop game is nonexistent. You should be happy the mission went faster, but if you truly need to be killing to enjoy the mission, play solo. Next it will be "can we nerf Nekros? I am not getting the most loot pickups".

7 minutes ago, Tatann said:

OP needs to understand it's a coop game, not a competitive game, and that in "RPGs" there are almost always tank, support and DPS

You said well. This should be a cooperative game. Now tell me how ppl "cooperate" with ember. Walking behind?

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Lol.

You are literary a person that can not comprehend that the difference between pressing 4 and walking or spamming E (or holding fire) while walking is only one thing - personal preference. 

Or not - Please do tell me how much skills are needed for mashing E or holding the Fire button. 

I certainly do comprehend better that there is a big difference push a button and then aim to something and move around repeating the task than just push one button and move around or just blatanly afk on an objective to defend.

Edited by Nirrel