Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Slot for Weapons

(XBOX)KhaoticNY

Can we add 1 riven mod slot to each weapon to utilize rivens more? Similar to Aura mods on Warframes.

It would give us a better use of unused Rivens and benefit weapons we normally don't use. I understand if this would happen you may have to introduce new ways to implement new ways to get Rivens since the demand for them may go up but I would leave that up to the experts.

I think this would be a great way of making use of the 30 Rivens collecting dust in my inventory.

Last time someone asked for anything similar, 4 mod slots got removed(or was it just 2? forgot). And it took awhile before we got the Exilus mod slot that although nice, doesn't make up for it.

Granted, I enjoy having all my abilities instead of just 1 or 2 due to min/max.

Edited by Souldend78

4 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Last time someone asked for anything similar, 4 mod slots got removed(or was it just 2? forgot). And it took awhile before we got the Exilus mod slot that although nice, doesn't make up for it.

Granted, I enjoy having all my abilities instead of just 1 or 2 due to min/max.

we lost 2 mod slots, but all 4 abilities becomes integrated to the warframe itself

it was an loss... only for the guy who uses only 1 ability at that time

but like @Horonelius said, riven would be mandatory if you have an dedicated slot

for an long term, it's better to fix other mods, instead of granting extra ones

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too.

I remembered when abilities was mods on warframe, I am almost certainly to take Well of Life out of Trinity 
because it would be more valuable to put any mod in.

I don't think putting Riven slot would help by putting bandaid on a crack in the wall. 

still sacrificing the freedom to mod with reduced slots is kind of over-engineering a system that leave little to no room 
for creativity.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

A far better idea would be to just bump up the number of mod slots on guns. Right now, I will often be one or two mod slots short on my favourite guns (to fit in QoL mods such as +projectile speed etc.) As DE will release more mods, this mod slot shortage will only increase - especially if we'll end up getting lots of ~fun~ mods that add fresh new interactions onto our guns.

A solution to this problem could be adding "exilus" slots, "stance" slots, which all been proposed before... how about straight up adding "parts" to the gun that have their own individual mod slots? We already need to farm for our receivers, barrels and stocks... why not put mods on them?

6 hours ago, Phobonaut said:

A far better idea would be to just bump up the number of mod slots on guns. Right now, I will often be one or two mod slots short on my favourite guns (to fit in QoL mods such as +projectile speed etc.) As DE will release more mods, this mod slot shortage will only increase - especially if we'll end up getting lots of ~fun~ mods that add fresh new interactions onto our guns.

A solution to this problem could be adding "exilus" slots, "stance" slots, which all been proposed before... how about straight up adding "parts" to the gun that have their own individual mod slots? We already need to farm for our receivers, barrels and stocks... why not put mods on them?

The point is to choose. If something has 8 slots and there are 10 "mandatory" mods... pick the ones you want.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)TommyS79 said:

I just want a Riven Slot. Though it would be mandatory most people get Rivens at Mr 8 you typically do Sorties and Would give players something to work up to at the same time again for engame players to utilize all of that riven trash collecting dust in my inventory.

Because rivens are an alternative mod, and making them mandatory in every single weapon would not only break balance even more, it would force people to buy them in the market.

rivens are a choice, they should not be a mandatory part of weapon builds.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The point is to choose. If something has 8 slots and there are 10 "mandatory" mods... pick the ones you want.

While that is true, fact of the matter is that, as I explained, we keep getting more and more mods - and eventually the majority of mods will just end up in the trash because there's literally no more space to put them in. And if DE keeps pumping the endgame further into the lvls, we'll just get more mod power creep with a shallow build depth.

By increasing mod slots, we expand the depth of the mod system AND the meta. I really want Warframe's meta to be less like an FPS meta and more like an RPG meta - where there are so many build options, metas just come and go based on people playing with widely varying builds instead of being forced to jump to a new meta because nerfs/buffs.

Riven slots really are a bad idea. If we get more mod slots on weapons, they should either only take utility mods or just not accept straight-up damage mods.

You want to increase build diversity, not make only dmg builds even more effective. Oooooh, now you can put Serration, Heavy Caliber, Argon Scope, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Critical Delay, Bladed Rounds, Catalyzer Link, your Riven and a bunch of elemental/status mods on there! Now every weapon feels EVEN MORE the same~! Yaaaay!

• 2 weeks later...

Well with possible changes to proc damage such as impact and puncture maybe it will be useful in the future. I think we're missing one point. Rivens aren't that hard to achieve and even if they became mandatory more ways to get them can always be inplemented. Most weapons don't need Rivens but I would like to see more ways to utilize Rivens. Second if a Riven Slot isn't a good idea what is a good idea? Scrapping them for Endo isn't a good idea to me.

It used to be a thing they were working on to get rid of mandatory mods like serration. I'd rather have them work on that then add more mod slots .l

Also, never be afraid to add utility, like reducing recoil on high recoil guns. You'll be surprised how much it will increase your overall damage output.