The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will players have their platinum refunded if they bought Gara for her wall ability?

soshootso

Il y a 9 heures, soshootso a dit :

ofc people are upset. First extremely difficult to farm gara so people buy her. Then they make it easy to farm gara. Then they nerf gara.

Lol I just farm reputation points for ostrons and i get a set whitout know, farm the ancient banshee or equinox .. this is difficult to farm

Edited by Wind_Blade

What are you talking about... I used Gara for #2 tankiness.. #4 was just for refreshing #2... It retains all of her awesomness.

Only difference was #4 is now worthless for what it was best in class before...

#3 is still bad, #1 is kinda lame. That makes it an average frame, that is easy to get and is good allaround. 

i like it how ppl say 4 is worthless when all they want to do with Gara is deploy the glass ring and sit and not do anything hahaha 

1 is far from useless.... maybe the little poke but the sweeping slash can clear entire rooms of enemies.

2 for 90% damage reduction and kick the ever loving clem out of everyone.

3 is really handy for creating choke points

4 can still be useful but mainly its a short term shield that stacks damage increase

i'm sure they will do something about the armour/health of the sections of the wall as they do seem a bit low especially at higher levels.

but stop throwing your toys out the pram - chillax and do something else.

go farm some relics to make the plat back...... i dunno read a book.

Since they give you the option of getting almost everything in the game for free, don’t expect refunds and spend that platinum wisely. DE can’t be held accountable for a change in a warframe and suddenly you don’t want it. Then don’t buy them and go for the grind. I say this having bought prime access three times now and I’ve burned through all my platinum every time. Just spend wisely and on things you can’t get easily or can’t get at all through gameplay. Platinum cost is on DE, it’s a bit overpriced I will admit but how you spend it is on you.

50 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

i like it how ppl say 4 is worthless when all they want to do with Gara is deploy the glass ring and sit and not do anything hahaha 

1 is far from useless.... maybe the little poke but the sweeping slash can clear entire rooms of enemies.

2 for 90% damage reduction and kick the ever loving clem out of everyone.

3 is really handy for creating choke points

4 can still be useful but mainly its a short term shield that stacks damage increase

i'm sure they will do something about the armour/health of the sections of the wall as they do seem a bit low especially at higher levels.

but stop throwing your toys out the pram - chillax and do something else.

go farm some relics to make the plat back...... i dunno read a book.

People just don’t like to learn new things, saddest fact of life.

13 hours ago, soshootso said:

Before nerf gara, litterally no one would agree with that statement.

If you didn't realise that she was getting a nerf the first time you used her 4 on a high level mission, you're not a very clever person. Sorry. But it was obvious to anyone that that S#&$ would have to go fast.

6 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

If you didn't realise that she was getting a nerf the first time you used her 4 on a high level mission, you're not a very clever person. Sorry. But it was obvious to anyone that that S#&$ would have to go fast.

It’s gnererally one of the first things they do to new frames so the nerf was exceedingly predictable. I bought her knowing this cause farming her would’ve been a nightmare and I got better things to do in game than farm for a single frame who’s item drop rate is below 10% I believe

16 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Her 4 was just a worse frost shield that could be shattered for okay damage

Uh, no. Bigger + invincible + enemies can't get in + you can shoot through both sides of vitrify unlike globe.

Snowglobe wasn't better lol

9 hours ago, Nation_X said:

Yeah damn those people buying her with plat with real money to support the game. 

No... just damn them for crying afterwards when DE makes use of their EULA and makes changes.  

I've paid for every PA Accessory pack since Ember, nearly 4 years ago.  I'm all for supporting DE with money - but you also don't see me throwing a hissy fit and asking for refunds when they do things I don't like... like oh, releasing the Misa Prime syandana again for $60 when originally the only way to get it was to buy the FULL Ember pack for nearly $140 because there was no division of PA at the time. 

Nope, just sucked it up like an adult because the EULA said they could rotate it again.  

13 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Let's assume there was a refund if you bought Gara. Why would Gara be any different from any other frame? Right, Gara isn't different. So DE would be to give us a refund for all the frames bought and changed in the past.
Do you think this would be a good idea? If DE did something like that, they could even stop charging anything for platinum-purchases.
So again: no, there will be no refund, because there is no need for. And it would be bad for DE to give us a refund.

I never said I agreed with any of what TC said, personally I believe you buy a frame knowing it can change. All I was saying, as long as it doesnt get out of hand, conversation isnt a bad thing, and shouldnt be locked just because "EULA says this". EULA says a lot of crap, doesnt stop ppl from discussing things.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Musicopia said:

Hmm, sure so you were extremely lucky beyond belief then, that is absolutely not the norm. Just because "hurr durr i got it in a day" doesn't mean it wasn't difficult to get her. I didn't get my neuroptics until literally the day before the bounty changes came and i ran the S#&$ out of those bounties.  

A minor grind isn't difficulty.  her parts were easily obtained by most people within a week.  Sure I was lucky with a day, doesn't change the fact it was not hard to get her.  Everybody just expects everything NOW, that ain't DEs fault.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Gara shield

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

A minor grind isn't difficulty.  her parts were easily obtained by most people within a week.  Sure I was lucky with a day, doesn't change the fact it was not hard to get her.  

Maybe on console, it was a heck of a slog on PC.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

A minor grind isn't difficulty.  her parts were easily obtained by most people within a week.  Sure I was lucky with a day, doesn't change the fact it was not hard to get her.  Everybody just expects everything NOW, that ain't DEs fault.  

RNG is RNG, I just now got her parts finally, and Harrow took me over 500 defection runs before I caved last week. The grind is different for everyone, not that I mind it, just saying.

23 hours ago, Arniox said:

I never even gave a sh¡t about her 4th ability. I still don't. I use her as a glass tank and she is extremely strong that way

I feel the same way and I bought her.  The change to her 4 doesn't even bother me.  I bought her right after I got all her parts only to realize I would have to mine my arse off to build her.  

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I feel the same way and I bought her.  The change to her 4 doesn't even bother me.  I bought her right after I got all her parts only to realize I would have to mine my arse off to build her.  

I bought her for the Riven.  .-.

My question is what about the people who bought her and didnt even know how all the abilities work or what builds to use for her. this post is stupid, Just because one ability was nerfed dosnt make her useless. How about you adapt and learn what builds make her "just as good"

On 12/17/2017 at 1:24 AM, (Xbox One)N7 Sinner said:

Personally, I didn't play her long enough to understand why people are upset with her nerf. That being said, I bought her for one reason; I am happy to support Digital Extremes. In an age where a gamer cannot escape the disgusting and predatory practices used by big name publishers to milk their consumers for as much of their money as possible, to me, it seems that DE has done their homework.

Technically this is milking too, making something op to increase sales before nerfing it.