Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Starter Pack

[DE]Danielle

I've owned a starter pack that was on Steam since 2013... Is this not the same thing? I don't have the glyph or sigil.

Can't seem to post an image here as proof... will link it in support post.

Edited by Gyronex
Posting image.. nevermind

Looking at this from a newish player's perspective, who has already played some, liked it, and want to support the game... So this thing is priced the same as the 300+70 plat pack (non-discounted), but only contains 300 plat, some random mods (ok, streamline is good, no idea what the other pack might contain), a reactor and catalyst (20+20 plat, so not even covering the lost 70) and some cosmetics. So unless the mod pack is REALLY good, one would even be better off buying the standard 370 plat pack (even for its normal price), it would seem. Unless the mods come maxed, but I assume they are unranked? Unless, of course, one wants the cosmetics, then sure.

Why, unlike the Prime Access packs, does this pack not have a discount to the plat price, but rather the other way around? I mean, if it contained 500-600 plat, OR if the price was 9.90, it might even make sense. Now after learning basic things about Warframe economics, it seems more like "sell it to them before they learn it's not really worth it"? Or call it Starter Vanity Pack ;) Actually, since it is a once-per-account item, one could imagine selling it at a low price to get a new player started at buying stuff might be a sensible option. Now it might be a bit costly for an "opener".

Personally, I already have the Streamline and loads of common stuff, so without knowing what the pack contains, it really doesn't seem worthy any more. And I was already waiting for the daily drop to give me a better discount so I can support the game sensibly.

Why keep putting RNG mod packs into packages DE ?

Not only new players get the bad impression from it(oh look yet another RNG lootbox) but they also get a bunch of mods they have no idea how they work and where to put them.

It would be much better to replace it with a Tenno colour palette or any other multi-colour palette/s. 

Hell, even frame/weapons slots would be helpful to give in this pack than a RNG modpack.

Edited by KiteoHatto

Not to bad for a starter pack if they do some research and spend/use things correctly but no way to get the Nava Glyph and Sigil without buying the pack for older players kind if sucks they look pretty nice. Maybe in the future Nava Glyph and Sigil will be added to the market.

• Like 1

I'm somewhat new to the game(almost 2 months) and although I found everything else, I can't seem to find my 'PYRA SYANDANA' anywhere. I checked my menu on my Warframe(both the Frost Prime and the Excalibur) but there's no option to add it.

Also, do the boosters activate immediately for do I have to activate them myself somehow? 

That 3 day boosters looks very short at least give the new players 1 week but 2 would be much better.
Please do not give them the modpack thats horrible.
Give them less plat or not at all and more slots, forma.
And the cosmetic is fine.

Edited by PETI258

Feedback. 

Most games that have a starter pack (mobile games) are offered near the start of playing at a very cheap price. I think this pack should be $9.99 usd, as it doesn't offer much and 3 items in it are just  cosmetics. Costing 10 usd instead of 20 would make it a lot more appeling and alot more for value. Also since the syndanna included was thrown around when sorties used to contain it. And if it stays at that price it should include slots, as that is something a new player generally always needs. Including slots will make it less likely they waste the 300 plat because of lack of knowledge of slots as the pack will provide them some also pointing out the fact they exist. Most new players dont notice slots till they get to there 3rd warframe. As something for new players it needs to be of better value 

On 12/19/2017 at 3:33 PM, (Xbox One)alchemPyro said:

That's... a lot of valuable stuff to give to a newbie. The catalyst in particular will likely be their first regret when they slap it on to a MK-1 weapon. Perhaps this should come with some sort of tutorial so the newbies don't burn through everything in one day. Heck, they could probably get 1 to 3 prime Warframes in trade, but end up buying a Rhino off the market for the same price. They wouldn't know until its too late how the game values stuff.

There needs to be more tutorial stuff in general. not so much the game holds your hand, but enough to where you don't have to look at a youtube video to see how to put in a catalyst or forma.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)TogetherTurtle said:

There needs to be more tutorial stuff in general. not so much the game holds your hand, but enough to where you don't have to look at a youtube video to see how to put in a catalyst or forma.

One of the many systems that need a rework.

Vor's prize could use an update/overhaul, you don't even get taught advanced movements like bullet jump from parkour 2.0 in it except in a separate tutorial hidden in the codex. (Also that Low poly Liset being destroyed by Vor, ugh)

Tilesets could use a touchup, there's still scrape marks indicating wall runs back from parkour 1.0

etc etc.

------

Instead of a dragon mod pack, I feel that a Rank 2 flow/streamline/serration would've been a good choice.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

• 2 weeks later...

As said by many people... 
This is decent enough as a starter pack, but new players will barely have any idea what to do with it, won't know where to grind for xp or credits, 3 days isn not long enough to get the hang of it, and the  value of the mod pack... well you can get more basic rare mods on the trade chat for less than that.

If DE sells that as a starter pack, proper tutorials are needed to explains potatoes and formas.

• 2 months later...

Great suggestions by all, but the question is, does DE actually listen or are they just in it for a money grab and could care less? There are some really good ideas here that could take things to the next level and really have people spending money to support.  But does DE have the vision to see it?  Buying frame and weapon slots at wholesale should have been a thing a long time ago