The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tenno shotgun is... honestly bad for me

Baterial

On 12/23/2017 at 5:13 AM, Insizer said:

how many people have actually used a shotgun?

Enough. 

Keep in mind, this is a game. Actual ballistics aren't what you'd call represented in a realistic manner. Rule of cool, and all that. Most folks don't have any real appreciation of what shotguns actually can do--too much Hollyweird. 

As for the Corinth, I'm liking it quite a bit. Yes, it has an extra-full choke. The shot pattern is very concentrated. Vicious Spread can help. You'll have to give up something else to shoe-horn it in, but I"m debating on VS vs. (can't resist) Seeking Fury. Points can be made for both. 

5 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Enough. 

Keep in mind, this is a game. Actual ballistics aren't what you'd call represented in a realistic manner. Rule of cool, and all that. Most folks don't have any real appreciation of what shotguns actually can do--too much Hollyweird. 

As for the Corinth, I'm liking it quite a bit. Yes, it has an extra-full choke. The shot pattern is very concentrated. Vicious Spread can help. You'll have to give up something else to shoe-horn it in, but I"m debating on VS vs. (can't resist) Seeking Fury. Points can be made for both. 

Give up Blaze for Vicious Spread? If you use it that is. I can't ever give up Seeking Fury...

21 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Give up Blaze for Vicious Spread? If you use it that is. I can't ever give up Seeking Fury...

Could, but the gun does work well with radiation and you're very limited in mod slots. Losing even one elemental mod, especially a dual purpose one like Blaze, really makes builds very claustrophobic.  

I used it both with and without Seeking Fury. If you do want to run VS, then Seeking Fury is probably your best bet to replace. However, SF gives you both punchthrough, a fantastic force multiplier (and near necessity in real fights--not the simulacrum), and much needed reload speed. The gun is rather clumsy without the latter and you really feel it in the field. 

It can be built a couple of different ways. I like the gun quite a bit, but...I've been leveling (and re-leveling) Mirage Prime and have been using the Plasmor. As much as I like the Corinth, the Arca Plasmor just blows it away, but Mirage is a special case with about every weapon. 

I have to say, though, I'm really looking forward to a Corinth Prime. Someday. Eventually.  

i love the corinth for its sfx and looks. it feels awesome and the spread is actually realistic. what i hate is the reload. it doesnt make sense. the warframe inserts shells into a hole the gun and then the shells just teleport into the shell holders sitting outside the gun... when the gun fires the shells dont disappear from the shell holders, even though u can see empty shells being ejected. its so poorly designed.

2 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Could, but the gun does work well with radiation and you're very limited in mod slots. Losing even one elemental mod, especially a dual purpose one like Blaze, really makes builds very claustrophobic.  

I used it both with and without Seeking Fury. If you do want to run VS, then Seeking Fury is probably your best bet to replace. However, SF gives you both punchthrough, a fantastic force multiplier (and near necessity in real fights--not the simulacrum), and much needed reload speed. The gun is rather clumsy without the latter and you really feel it in the field. 

It can be built a couple of different ways. I like the gun quite a bit, but...I've been leveling (and re-leveling) Mirage Prime and have been using the Plasmor. As much as I like the Corinth, the Arca Plasmor just blows it away, but Mirage is a special case with about every weapon. 

I have to say, though, I'm really looking forward to a Corinth Prime. Someday. Eventually.  

I personally can't give up Seeking Fury for the reasons you outlined. When the Corinth comes to console I doubt I will mind the spread. It sounds similar in nature to the Tigris which has minimal spread on it as well.

Why would you want it for spread if the Plasmor exists?

Seriously, the playerbase is often so damn weird. Why would you want a weapon to be similar to an existing weapon? If you don't like this weapon, that's fine. It's not replacing the Plasmor if that is your forte and that's all that matters. New weapons should not be "the same as old weapon, but better" because that's how we get ridiculous power creep and old favorites getting chucked in the trash bin, like Boltor Prime.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

I personally can't give up Seeking Fury for the reasons you outlined. When the Corinth comes to console I doubt I will mind the spread. It sounds similar in nature to the Tigris which has minimal spread on it as well.

The Tigris has more spread than the Corinth. 

What I've found with the Corinth is what SF is better in conventional missions. VS does give you enough spread to take down groups, but if they're really lined up, you'll start to see some issues with blockage from already dead bodies. VS works very well on the plains, however. There enemies rarely line up to get mowed down, the increased shot-cone makes target acquisition easier, and the additional damage helps mitigate less pellet density. 

On 12/25/2017 at 4:21 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

a884ObV_700b.jpg

Videogame logic.

This is actually how shotguns do work. The distance numbers are different, but little round pellets have poor ballistic efficiency and shed energy very quickly (which is why slugs exist). Throw in armor and you have real problems. Buckshot (.24 to .38 caliber) is pretty much done at 50 to 75 yards; the combination of lack of pattern density and rapid velocity loss reduces effectiveness very quickly. However, wad design can increase pattern density (more potential hits) at typical ranges, but lighter pellets still suffer from issues with energy retention (terminal ballistics). 

Confused yet? Yeah, that's why we see stuff like the cartoon. It hints at the reality, but keep mechanics stark and simple for gameplay reasons. 

29 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

This is actually how shotguns do work. The distance numbers are different, but little round pellets have poor ballistic efficiency and shed energy very quickly (which is why slugs exist). Throw in armor and you have real problems. Buckshot (.24 to .38 caliber) is pretty much done at 50 to 75 yards; the combination of lack of pattern density and rapid velocity loss reduces effectiveness very quickly. However, wad design can increase pattern density (more potential hits) at typical ranges, but lighter pellets still suffer from issues with energy retention (terminal ballistics). 

Confused yet? Yeah, that's why we see stuff like the cartoon. It hints at the reality, but keep mechanics stark and simple for gameplay reasons. 

While its true that shotgun pellets lose lot of their power when reaching the "deadzone" that is not supposed to be true till we reach atleast 50 meters and this is statistic from our current age and not from the far future where we have personal shields, energy weapons and space magic.

I hate this video game effect because gameplay reasons or not i believe every weapon should be close to their realistic counterparts and now weapon should become suddenly useless because they cant balance it out with something else.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

While its true that shotgun pellets lose lot of their power when reaching the "deadzone" that is not supposed to be true till we reach atleast 50 meters and this is statistic from our current age and not from the far future where we have personal shields, energy weapons and space magic.

I hate this video game effect because gameplay reasons or not i believe every weapon should be close to their realistic counterparts and now weapon should become suddenly useless because they cant balance it out with something else.

#4 buckshot falls off considerably before 50m. Just sayin'. 

As for the game, it's just numbers. DE chose these numbers. The overall concept of how shotguns work is still valid. The number might not reflect on actual shotgun ballistics in the early 21st century, but so what? It's a game. 

You could say some shotties fire density enhanced flechettes by magnetic acceleration to reach velocities far in excess of what gas-expansion propellants can achieve. But is this now a shotgun, or a Metalstorm-style multi-projectile weapon? In the game, if it uses shotgun mods, well...

Yeah, it irritates me when devs get ballistics or gunhandling grossly wrong, but rule-of-cool and game mechanics is going to trump this just about every time. Real ballistics can be fascinating, but I can guarantee most people won't want to deal with that sort of thing in a game. 

The corinth isn't the weapon for me just because of the alt-fire. The range always feels off and if it hits anything, even a nose hair, it sputters out and does terrible damage.

The only reason I haven't marked it as mastery fodder and sold it yet is because I got a corinth riven while building it. I'm waiting to see if the disposition drops or not.

10 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The only reason I haven't marked it as mastery fodder and sold it yet is because I got a corinth riven while building it. I'm waiting to see if the disposition drops or not.

Well good luck with that DE hasnt touched the dispositions since the implemention of the riven system what was almost a year ago.