Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Ember Deluxe Skin Complaints

Wind_Blade

A lot of people are complaint about the ember deluxe skin.

So to start NO it is not ugly, it looks like a chicken, it has nothing to do with ember yes however the model is beautiful the textures are well done and that we can not say the opposite ....

You remember the old "skin" of ember during his alpha concept ...

Watch:

450517Capture.jpg

So I think his deluxe skin looks pretty good at that

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)abbacephas a dit :

A couple of things: Firstly, Ember is a "she". Secondly, that ship has sailed a while ago.

i say he because before it's was a man :/ and i can't check the forum every day

Edited by Wind_Blade

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

A couple of things: Firstly, Ember is a "she". Secondly, that ship has sailed a while ago.

at first it was a he, they changed it 

and this complaint is basically dead, people moved on. majority of people hated it because of variety of reasons, it didn't fit, they could've done better....etc. personally, the theme is off and they could've done better, plus I like her prime look better

you can tell that after Mynki left the team, the guy who was the lead designer for warframes, they kinda went a bit too tryhard(?) and went for more bizarre concepts and generally thinking outside the box, to try and fill in that hole he left.....it's just my analysis though 

15 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

A lot of people complain about the ember deluxe skin.

So to start NO it is not ugly.

You lost me there when you're fully aware that majority of the community finds it ugly.
Saying it isn't ugly is your own opinion and you shouldn't be complaining about other people's thoughts about it.

So to end YES it is ugly.
That's what I think and majority of the people I know thinks. Let's leave it that way.

Spoiler

Yes commit.
shock-mohawk.jpg

14 hours ago, Rogue_Striker said:

It’s not ugly, and it’s not a chicken..supposed to be a Phoenix 

Also the original Ember helm looks more like the Phoenix helmet, not backdraft.

Some of us(A lot) think it is ugly though, and its not really a phoenix in appearance at all. Even the name, "Vermilion",  is wrong. It looks like they actually mixed up the known taoist phoenix, with a Fuanguang(Which isn't a fire elemental), and ended up making the skin look not as majestic as either one of these creatures at the end of the day. It just looked like a tacky rooster mascot.

Vanilla Ember's helm looks like an ugly rooster crest BTW, not a phoenix. There is an alt helmet she has that is actually called "Phoenix" but its just a generic mohawk. Her Prime helmet is superior to all those(As is her Majesty helmet.), and conveys a Phoenix theme better.

Edited by UrielColtan

3 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

A lot of people are complaint about the ember deluxe skin.

So to start NO it is not ugly, it looks like a chicken, it has nothing to do with ember yes however the model is beautiful the textures are well done and that we can not say the opposite ....

You remember the old "skin" of ember during his alpha concept ...

Watch:

450517Capture.jpg

So I think his deluxe skin looks pretty good at that

I don't see how an unused skin, and unused sex, for the frame, is really relevant, regardless of how ugly it is. Either way, many players disagree with you on the Ember deluxe not being ugly, no matter if you think otherwise.

16 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

you can tell that after Mynki left the team, the guy who was the lead designer for warframes, they kinda went a bit too tryhard(?) and went for more bizarre concepts and generally thinking outside the box, to try and fill in that hole he left.....it's just my analysis though

Seems to me they started to get goofy with the designs long before his leaving. And he left like what, just last year? He also apparently did designs before leaving. Don't know if Mynki did these, but frames like Harrow, Gara and Khora, actually look regal and somewhat dignified. Octavia deluxe concept is also looking snazzy, and I know that one isn't his.

14 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Some of us(A lot) think it is ugly though, and its not really a phoenix in appearance at all. Even the name, "Vermilion",  is wrong. It looks like they actually mixed up the known taoist phoenix, with a Fuanguang(Which isn't a fire elemental), and ended up making the skin look not as majestic as either one of these creatures at the end of the day. It just looked like a tacky rooster mascot.

Vanilla Ember's helm looks like an ugly rooster crest BTW, not a phoenix. There is an alt helmet she has that is actually called "Phoenix" but its just a generic mohawk. Her Prime helmet is superior to all those(As is her Majesty helmet.), and conveys a Phoenix theme better.

Original ember as in the male version uses the Phoenix helmet is what I was saying. 

Whether or not it's a good or good looking skin is entirely subjective; everyone has different tastes for things they like.

Personally, it is an interesting skin, however, it's not fitting for a Deluxe skin nor is it even halfway up the list of DE's best works.  The community said they didn't want it, DE did it anyway - that's the biggest issue imo.  

13 hours ago, UrielColtan said:

Seems to me they started to get goofy with the designs long before his leaving. And he left like what, just last year? He also apparently did designs before leaving. Don't know if Mynki did these, but frames like Harrow, Gara and Khora, actually look regal and somewhat dignified. Octavia deluxe concept is also looking snazzy, and I know that one isn't his.

I posted a long time ago on how the art design pendulum was likely going to swing from Abstract-cool (Warframe's signature OLD School Brand) to Archetype to theme to Whimsical and then swing back.

I think the community has had it's full of Whimsy.  

If Hydroid Prime and Mirage Prime are any indication, Zephyr Prime will be ornately beautiful.

And now we are on track to what appears to be old school Warframe RE-Branding by design with an edge:

Umbras

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Whether or not it's a good or good looking skin is entirely subjective; everyone has different tastes for things they like.

Personally, it is an interesting skin, however, it's not fitting for a Deluxe skin nor is it even halfway up the list of DE's best works.  The community said they didn't want it, DE did it anyway - that's the biggest issue imo.  

The game would die if DE listened to the community fully.

Just now, peterc3 said:

I don't disagree with that, but when it comes to cosmetics, they should probably listen since it's a fluff item.  If they make something the majority of the community at least likes, then they'll make more money.   In this instance, not listening hurts their income because people wont want to buy it if they think it's ugly. 

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Is there any point to that comment, is it more palatable than saying that the game would die if they completely ignored the community? The game was built on the community.  The crowd sourced model of this game is precisely why it has succeeded and grown, honestly, and its the community who have to buy the skin, They are not going to be encouraged to buy something if they don't like it. 

Edited by UrielColtan