Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hairstyles

Hello! I'm a budding 3d artist and graduated salon stylist, and after seeing the number of people wanting new hairstyles, i was wondering if you could make just the hair meshes and textures available for tennogen? I desperately want to take some digital scissors to the operators! I'm a goth by day and a moonlight cyber punk, and  though i would certainly make some tame styles i would NOT detract from the already neo-punk aesthetic, I love doing stuff like this! (though i'm not really willing to share my portfolio as it stands) I would die for a chance to see some of my styles get into a game!

To an extent, creating custom hair meshes/textures for Operators would be no different than making custom weapon meshes inside TennoGen. It would add a certain degree of variety to the game, and I feel that (much like TennoGen has for Syandanas and Warframe Skins) many of the hair featured in TennoGen will be better than the hair we have in-game currently. that's totally subjective though. d:

But as Lukinu_u said, without a way to preview it in the engine as you're designing it, there is really no way to make sure it is just right.
Because the way the Evo engine renders hair is a bit odd.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I really do hope to see it still, speaking to the thing that will be difficult likely wouldn't stop DE if they really want to do it. Look at Warframe as a whole, it's an IMMENSE achievement!

Phrases like "it would be hard to create something," haven't seemed to stop them yet.

• 3 weeks later...

There is news about DE wanting to add more Operator hairstyles in the future. They have retextured hair for them on PC and maybe on Consoles and they have changed boundaries/lines(whatever they are called) on Operator suits so you can mix and match Operator suits in a better looking way. They way I understand this is if you mix Manduka suit and Zariman arms they will look better together then they used to. The most exciting part about these changes is that they may open the door for Operator TennoGen. :satisfied:

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian