Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin

Vanille

Here is the Mesa Delexue so far. gZaEP1m.png

Stiill need to see her PMs, and the body is decent. But can we please not try and interpret a "space" cowboy hat and just do a cowboy hat. I mean, put some WF flair on it. 3F7JJPL.png

Keep it simple DE, no interpretation is needed on a classic design.  Plus it will look a lot less like Ivara. No offense to Ivara mains. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

There are many varieties of cowboy hats, I wear one almost every day. 

I came here to say this. Thanks. (I don't wear any, but know there are several types of cowboy hats.)

As I said on the subreddit, overall, it seems like the idea was to show off more of Mesa's feminine side, make her more regal (duh, it's a prime deluxe), but retain some of the gunslinger aesthetic. I guess I dislike it (presently) because it's lost too much of the gunslinger aesthetic. I like what it's trying to do, I just think it's unbalanced between a more regal, feminine Mesa and her gunslinger roots. Also, I don't like the helmet. Too pointy. I'm a simple man. I guess I expected an inspired cowgirl hat.

But I also understand they're going for a formal/fancy dress (as someone on the sub pointed out). I got the formal/fancy dress vibes with Saryn's deluxe, too, but it grew on me (I just had to ditch the helmet for her updo helmet, my favorite look for her). It just worked for her. Possibly because she was always overtly feminine.

I play Saryn much more than I do Mesa, but I've always liked Mesa's badass cowgirl look. This is too far a departure for her. Maybe precisely because it's more feminine and less tomboy. Just my thoughts right now.

Edited by Rhekemi

2 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Looks more like Ivara.

Personally I don´t like it, will stay with my Graxx.

It's expertly done.  Beautiful!

Definitely a change.

But you are spot on.  Mesa exudes an athleticism and attitude and has that "roaming the plains/cowboy/bounty hunter grit" in all iterations...except this one.

I often gauge a skin based on my gut reaction/the first thing that comes to mind.

Octavia's deluxe concept?

"Fantastic upgrade to the original"

This Mesa Deluxe?

"Brothel Headmistress"

15 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I came here to say this. Thanks. (I don't wear any, but know there are several types of cowboy hats.)

As I said on the subreddit, overall, it seems like the idea was to show off more of Mesa's feminine side, make her more regal (duh, it's a prime), but retain some of the gunslinger aesthetic. I guess I dislike it (presently) because it's lost too much of the gunslinger aesthetic. I like what it's trying to do, I just think it's unbalanced between a more regal, feminine Mesa and her gunslinger roots. Also, I don't like the helmet. Too pointy. I'm a simple man. I guess I expected an inspired cowgirl hat.

But I also understand they're going for a formal/fancy dress (as someone on the sub pointed out). I got the formal/fancy dress vibes with Saryn's deluxe, too, but it grew on me (I just had to ditch the helmet for her updo helmet, my favorite look for her). It just worked for her. Possibly because she was always overtly feminine.

I play Saryn much more than I do Mesa, but I've always liked Mesa's badass cowgirl look. This is too far a departure for her. Maybe precisely because it's more feminine and less tomboy. Just my thoughts right now.

I agree with you. And the more I look at her helm the more it resembles a "curled" cowboy hat. Still need to see more, still excited!