Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how does one get off of chat suspension ?

Tactical_Shrubby

i was in region i saw a few people talking about trans gendered and other unsavory talk and ask what all that was about as it seemed it was not PC of them to speak in chat ... and not private chat like and i was "chat suspended" for using some non suitable words i did not know i would be suspended for over 4 days.  wow   i do apologize .

Mr Shrubby

Waiting is the safest option. DE's moderators have been extending the duration of the bans for individuals who have been protesting - a sort of "if you still think that you did nothing wrong, here's another week of time for you to think about the harmful consequences of your words".

Pro-tip: if someone is saying "things that sound not PC"... maybe avoid quoting them?

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

Waiting is the safest option. DE's moderators have been extending the duration of the bans for individuals who have been protesting - a sort of "if you still think that you did nothing wrong, here's another week of time for you to think about the harmful consequences of your words".

Pro-tip: if someone is saying "things that sound not PC"... maybe avoid quoting them?

Nah.

Pro-tip : Ignore region chat as a whole. There is an option to disable it.

8 минут назад, Aeon94 сказал:

Nah.

Pro-tip : Ignore region chat as a whole. There is an option to disable it.

Imo this wave of trolling and memes is going through many games so. My only question is why people can't think by themselves and just to not repeat same mistakes hundreds of ppl did before them. DE said many times just during this week, some words are not tolerable and won't be. 

Imo if people can't deal with it and just joke in private or use another, more acceptable types of jokes, it's very childish behavior at all.

1 minute ago, ThousandLights said:

Imo this wave of trolling and memes is going through many games so. My only question is why people can't think by themselves and just to not repeat same mistakes hundreds of ppl did before them. DE said many times just during this week, some words are not tolerable and won't be. 

Imo if people can't deal with it and just joke in private or use another, more acceptable types of jokes, it's very childish behavior at all.

Well its part of human nature , " not learn any lesson from mistakes ".

People love bringing politics , religion and gender preferences into ingame chats and think any meme / joke is fine about them. Its immature and never be tolerated.

I don't ignore region chat. I ignore the content of trolls that is in region chat.

Region chat is my source of quick answers.

Also, you can grab a quick group in there to help.
The LFG chat is like trade chat. You have to scroll up to look or hope that people seen what you said before it disappeared to the void.

You just have to be mindful with who you talk to or not say stupid things.

Just don't say anything that will "hurt" someones feelings. Even though it might be logical / factual / truth. Too many people need a bubble, even online..

Edited by NZ_CodeBlue

I really feel bad for you. The rules are so vague and there is no list of words that you can be suspended and not know why. DE needs to rework moderation and make clear rules. Just saying "no profanity" and "be respectful" is open for interpretation, and if a moderator views it differently, you can't argue about it because they are the person with authority.

These threads will continue to pop up until DE actually does something to inform players, instead of leaving them in the dark on what is not allowed. There would be a lot less bans if the rules were transparent, and it is to the point where I believe it is vague on purpose. These threads have gone on long enough, and it is disgusting seeing no fix to the root problem which is moderation, not he people in Region chat.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

As far as getting rid of the ban, you can only wait.

But for avoiding a ban in the first place;

-Think before you talk.

-Disable the region chat. I only use the Clan chat, and that one has no kick-bots.

Seriously, I see so many posts about people getting banned, I just must ask: Did Warframe get overrun by edgy 12 year old CoD-"gamers", or what?

6 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

But for avoiding a ban in the first place;

-Think before you talk.

You can only do this if you know what you cannot say. If there was a list of words that could ban you, OP would not be making this post right now.

8 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You can only do this if you know what you cannot say. If there was a list of words that could ban you, OP would not be making this post right now.

A list? Do you think that OP would really get off the game and go on the forums to hunt down a long list of ban-worthy terms before writing?

Besides, OP already felt that the discussion was "unsavory" and the terms weren't PC. Do you really need a list to tell you that you shouldn't encourage, or engage in, an unsavory, non-PC discussion?

I mean, there is no disadvantage in having a list somewhere, I guess. But "think before you speak" is a perfectly valid suggestion - if you think that a certain term is or might be offensive, then just avoid it even if you aren't 100% sure that it's offensive.

I mean, that's a lesson I was taught when I was five years old. It's not hard ;)

i thank you all for responding so quickly to my questions, i am very sorry if i offended anyone i have only been a WARFRAME member for about 3 months i love the game...

-i truly pray i can get back on clan chat and ally chat and trade as well. I miss my chat and I will do as you say and be patient and wait after 2 weeks i will ticket my Plee once again...

thank you again.

9 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I mean, that's a lesson I was taught when I was five years old. It's not hard ;)

In this day and age, everything is offensive. I disabled region chat because I already know I would be banned because of it. You could say something as little as a phrase: "This is all Greek to me" (It means you cannot understand something), and some random person can tell you that you just offended them because they are Greek (this example happened to someone I know in a class they were taking). People make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to the internet, so listing what DE finds inappropriate would be better given that technically everything is offensive.

And about "lessons I was taught", one of them was to have self confidence and hold your ground. Being offended by words on the internet is an entirely different debate, but I just thought that I would bring this up because I feel like people like OP get banned because someone has no backbone which is very unfortunate.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, Mr_Shrubby said:

i thank you all for responding so quickly to my questions, i am very sorry if i offended anyone i have only been a WARFRAME member for about 3 months i love the game...

-i truly pray i can get back on clan chat and ally chat and trade as well. I miss my chat and I will do as you say and be patient and wait after 2 weeks i will ticket my Plee once again...

thank you again.

Chat ban shouldn't take longer than 1 week ( imo thats too long ) , Try contacting Support to ask if they can remove ban prematurely. :)

20 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

A list? Do you think that OP would really get off the game and go on the forums to hunt down a long list of ban-worthy terms before writing?

Besides, OP already felt that the discussion was "unsavory" and the terms weren't PC. Do you really need a list to tell you that you shouldn't encourage, or engage in, an unsavory, non-PC discussion?

I mean, there is no disadvantage in having a list somewhere, I guess. But "think before you speak" is a perfectly valid suggestion - if you think that a certain term is or might be offensive, then just avoid it even if you aren't 100% sure that it's offensive.

Players playing warframe sometimes do not speak English perfectly, and language barriers can lead to unintended speech that can get a player chat banned when they meant no harm. Having a list (although it will be quite hard to collect every profanity word) will reduce such confusion and also can provide a justification on why a player have gotten chat banned as well. I agree on "think before you speak", however those that do not speak English fluently may have confusion from words such as "traps" (in a gender term) and vauban's 2nd ability "traps", where one can get you banned and the other cant.

Edited by Viyrew

The forums are unable to help with chat suspensions or bans.

You need to contact support or wait for support to reply to your ticket.

Support: http://support.warframe.com/

If you have already sent in a ticket and have not regained access to chat after 1 week has passed from the date when you were suspended, "bump" the ticket to show its still an issue as most people usually have chat back again by the time support is able to answer their ticket.