Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Shade- What Am I doing Wrong?

-RS-Covenant

This thing does nothing for me, if yours works well please make some suggestions.  It hasn't fired a single round...ever.  And cloaks when the enemy is already alerted, so what good does that do?  Using my trusty Kubrow in the mean time.  It was expensive, I am not complaining just want to know how to use it.  Thnx:cool:

ICCT4Ww.jpg

8TjrnVB.jpg

WyJbr5A.jpg

you need to equip revenge on him, otherwise, he will not shoot. If you look at the polarity of revenge, the polarity is called Penjaga.

from the wiki itself: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity

Penjaga (Penjaga Pol) forms the number 10.

• Penjaga is Indonesian/Malay for "guardian" or "protector", and mods in this category are reserved for Companions.
  • This can also be interpreted as I/O, for the fact that this polarity is only present on mods that influence companion behavior.

p.s. Keep in mind your mod placement on your sentinel/kubrow/kavat do mather. the highest priority start from the top left and the lowest at the bottom right. Having guardian before revenge mean the sentinel will stop shooting once your shield is down and refill it, otherwise, you will have to wait for your sentinel to be done shooting before filling your shield.

Edited by Ninjamander
add more information

8 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

you need to equip revenge on him, otherwise he will not shoot

^this, also the orther your mods are equipped affect their priority, for example having ghost before guardian will prioritize ghost.
take a look at: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinels

edit: also, ghost is supposed to cloak at any time as long as you are close to enemies, even if they are alerted.

Edited by JeyciKon

28 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

p.s. Keep in mind your mod placement on your sentinel/kubrow/kavat do mather. the highest priority start from the top left and the lowest at the bottom right. Having guardian before revenge mean the sentinel will stop shooting once your shield is down and refill it, otherwise, you will have to wait for your sentinel to be done shooting before filling your shield.

Does it matter on Warframes also?  Ive got three polarization on top of the stock three that came with Loki, should I change those polarization's to match the mods that are most important to me?

3 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

Does it matter on Warframes also?  Ive got three polarization on top of the stock three that came with Loki, should I change those polarization's to match the mods that are most important to me?

not at all, this rule only applies to companions.

Edited by Ninjamander

37 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

you need to equip revenge on him, otherwise, he will not shoot. If you look at the polarity of revenge, the polarity is called Penjaga.

from the wiki itself: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity

Penjaga (Penjaga Pol) forms the number 10.

• Penjaga is Indonesian/Malay for "guardian" or "protector", and mods in this category are reserved for Companions.
  • This can also be interpreted as I/O, for the fact that this polarity is only present on mods that influence companion behavior.

Kudos to you for picking up on the Bahasa Melayu reference. It can indeed mean to Guard in our language.

It’s most commonly seen on a daily basis for things such as sports - for example Penjaga Gol is the term we use for Goalkeeper, amongst others.

However it’s worth noting here that it can be used to describe people who oversee others - a Watcher or Warden in effect. Another term for this type of person would be Sentinel.

TLDR: ‘Penjaga’ in this context is being used by DE as the direct Malay translation of ‘Sentinel’, the companion type these mods are being equipped on.

2 hours ago, Ninjamander said:

I didn't realize this was the polarity name for that symbol lol.

Ya, in Bahasa Indonesia penjaga is a guard, or sentinel. Also, anjing penjaga is a watchdog, so that's fitting for Kubrows too. :laugh:

Is it possible Revenge-mod is why its not shooting anything, its not upgraded?  I did what you guys told me and its still not shooting.  It is cloaking way better now though.  Nothing gets that close to me(6.6m) or at least inflicts any damage.  My Galatine is a "one-hit" 13,000+ crit damage monster (Blood Rush+Cleaving Whirlwind+Corrosive+heat) with three polarizations and Primed Reach.  I do Melee only on Survival Missions to Level Up my new Warframes, Oberon is a better swords-man than Excalibur.

q52jw6e.jpg

nWbVsVS.jpg

1 hour ago, Hyperdrome said:

Is it possible Revenge-mod is why its not shooting anything, its not upgraded?  I did what you guys told me and its still not shooting.

Could you post a screenshot of your updated build?
Like, instead of unrelated Oberon pics? I mean, I feel ya, I too "upgraded" from (lol Super Jump) Excalibur
to Oberon way back when and I love him to this day (Oberon Prime woot), but there's a time and a place for stuff, you know?

Also, no Sentinel will attack while invisible, so you need to be visible and under fire for Revenge to trigger, which ... is kinda bad :P

Like @shoopypit said, Shade is a Sentinel you might as well not bother modding for offense,
just go for a bit of survival and maximum support.

Its weapon though, Prisma Burst Laser, is actually a pretty decent for a Sentinel weapon,
a proper Status build (especially if Riven'd) with +Fire Rate, sending out a never-ending stream of proc pwnage, pretty fun
(especially on a long-range Sentinel like Diriga, 70m targeting range making laser pew pews near constantly fill the air).

Edited by NinjaZeku

My bad, it(Prisma Shade) doesn't attack at all.  As for cloak something is seriously draining the energy (could be the wrong polarity Aura Mod on Oberon?)  It cloaks for a few seconds in mid-battle that's it.  Haven't tried this set up yet but this is the best I could do so far:

W2xvuz3.jpg

1LhZVi9.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hyperdrome said:

My bad, it(Prisma Shade) doesn't attack at all.  As for cloak something is seriously draining the energy (could be the wrong polarity Aura Mod on Oberon?)  It cloaks for a few seconds in mid-battle that's it.  Haven't tried this set up yet but this is the best I could do so far:

W2xvuz3.jpg

1LhZVi9.jpg

Still missing Revenge in that screenshot. Revenge is the attack Precept for Shade Sentinel Variants

Replace spare parts with calculated redirection. Spare parts relies on your sentinel being destroyed to maybe being useful as a mod, when you should concentrate on actually keeping it alive.

Also, he only stays invisible when you aren't attacking, and if enemies are nearby. 

pistol Gambit is a waste on the weapon. You can get more damage output by putting on a dual status mod.

I stand by my initial advice and repeat that giving the shade a weapon defeats the purpose of the shade. 

So, people have already said what you need to do, but I thought I'd reiterate in my own words to see if it helps. Maybe you've already figured it out, I really don't know.

You need to Equip the mod called "Revenge" on your Prisma Shade for it to attack with its equipped weapon. If you put Revenge in the top left slot it will shoot, but probably never cloak, but if you put Ghost in the top left, it will prioritize cloaking, and only shoot when it is unable to cloak.

Also, whenever you attack, it breaks cloak, so your cloak will break "in the middle of combat" because you are probably attacking. It's worth noting that ability use normally doesn't break the cloak, unless the ability either moves you out of range, or kills all the enemies in range.

Finally, I agree with many of the people above saying that (Prisma) Shade is more for survivability than offense, so giving it a weapon is of questionable usefulness anyway, unless you just want to level the weapon (it can level from sared affinity, I believe)

Don't give him a weapon.  He'll just die faster and not pick up drops for you.  The trick with Shade and his invisibility is that it lasts forever, but he needs to be seeing enemies and you can't use weapons.  So if you jump into a room with a lot of enemies, he'll invis and you can use abilities and walk around fine.  Don't let him lose sight of everyone and you'll stay that way forever.  Works best with large groups.  He loses sight of enemies and it's a while before he can invis again.

since this has basically been answered already, i'll only add one or two things here.

after Equipping the Attack Precept of a Sentinel, it still has a requirement that must be fulfilled before it attacks. read the Mod as it's not the same for each Sentinel. it tells you how it works on the Mod.

(and if you put a Supressor Mod on your Sentinel Weapon, that basically solves the potential issue of your Sentinel drawing attention - if you normally have issues with that, this is a good recommendation).

13 hours ago, Ninjamander said:

the highest priority start from the top left and the lowest at the bottom right.
Having guardian before revenge mean the sentinel will stop shooting once your shield is down and refill it, otherwise, you will have to wait for your sentinel to be done shooting before filling your shield.

to add, note that some Companion Mods do ignore this Priority as they don't take part in it and are 'passively used'. however the game doesn't designate this so it's scouring the Wiki Articles and looking for tips from Digital Extremes to figure out which ones do this.

Dethcube LOVES the Laser Gun, I put a potato on the Laser Gun(had two from Alerts last week) and now DethCube is using it.  Who needs cloak when leveling up on Extermination/Defend/Survival runs?  Honestly I dont know why I bought Prisma Shade lol I guess cause everybody in chat was talking about it.  Now tell me if this makes sense, using Prisma Shade with Loki...LOL