Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Might Finally Be Good!!!

(PSN)TertulSee

I'm still hoping they make it so his 4 is a toggle. So, basically, it's active permanently, but it won't activate on its own, you'll have to press it. Even after using it though, the ability would still persist, letting you easily tap it once more to activate. That way, you'd have less delay between casts and you'd have an easier time letting the ability flow in with your style.

Then just make it so enemies affected by Shuriken, Smokescreen or Teleport get Marks as well (so 1 for Shuriken, 2 for Smokescreen and 3 for Teleport), and I feel he'll be just fine.

2 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Ash was always good (fight me), but this is a welcome improvement. Looking forward to seeing more.

Agreed. His kit's pretty good as is, save for the vomit rocket that is firing off his 4, and that's not any different from how it was before.

Curious to see how this change works out, and whether or not attacks from the clones will add to the combo counter.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

I'm fine with the skill -as is, and I'm fine with the new version provided that:

• The cost of teleport is removed for opting in.
  • I get to keep my i-frame during the entirety of Bladestorm IF I opt-in.

While not confirmed... This setup fairly assures that the invincibility period of Bladestorm will be removed as well and I use Bladestorm as an "Oh Crap" button (for that i-frame when things get hairy) currently.

Removing the cost of teleport and letting it opt-in to the current version (i-frame and all) is a fine compromise for all parties...

People like me get to enjoy their current version and everybody else gets to enjoy the extra damage and dramamine-free playstyle.

21 hours ago, JackMcRain said:

Seriously dude, when I saw that video I immediately got so many Naruto vibes. Not only that, that will also be a lot more hepful when dealing with large groups of enemies. Right now it just felt like it took for ever to kill all marked enemies, especially considering that it always goes by the order of the enemies marked. That way it will make things a lot easier for many players especially when fighting against large groups of enemies at any level.

Also... U-ZU-MA-KI NARUTO 5K BARRAGE!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :smile:

I was thinking more of the teleportation technique from Naruto and Minato.

On 02/02/2018 at 1:11 AM, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Ah the "If only you knew how to play (insert frame/game here)" comment. Classic.

Well it's true.
If the problem with Ash is that you're stuck in an animation for 10+ seconds, then that's fine make that argument, but if people are going to suggest he's been nerfed, is under-powered or has poor efficiency etc (which is what the argument normally is) then that is BS on their end and they need to "git good"...

19 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Well it's true.
If the problem with Ash is that you're stuck in an animation for 10+ seconds, then that's fine make that argument, but if people are going to suggest he's been nerfed, is under-powered or has poor efficiency etc (which is what the argument normally is) then that is BS on their end and they need to "git good"...

He has been nerfed in the fact that his bladestorm was made more tedious/ boring. He has one of the strongest damage ultimates in game sure, but when it’s boring to use, nobody really cares. By the time you’ve finished marking your targets, it’s most likely been killed hy another player.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

He has been nerfed in the fact that his bladestorm was made more tedious/ boring. He has one of the strongest damage ultimates in game sure, but when it’s boring to use, nobody really cares. By the time you’ve finished marking your targets, it’s most likely been killed hy another player.

And again I reiterate;

On 02/02/2018 at 12:32 AM, Carnage2K4 said:

If only ppl knew how to play Ash... 

I don't know how 'other players' are using Ash ATM, but if you're trying to clean every room with him... you're playing him wrong, turn on BS, play using his other kit, quick sweep when needed hitting 3-6 enemies after using 2, trigger BS, repeat, it's not hard, it's not boring (which itself is a relative opinion) it's not tedious and other players are not taking your kills. Every player I see seems to imply they want to use Ash to try and regain the click and forget style he used to have and that is why they find it boring or tedious IMHO, or they are losing kills because they are lingering on BS build up for far too long, and so; "If only ppl knew how to play Ash".

25 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

And again I reiterate;

Your reiteration is invalid because your way of playing Ash is not the definite “right way” to play him. You have the gall to say that people who use him to sweep rooms clean are playing him wrong, when that is what Ash is designed to do.

You have a very arrogant tone. How you play Ash is not how everyone plays him and your way is definitely not the best way. You do not dictate how Ash is played.

Also yes, many people do find sweeping the camera around, marking enemies very boring when you could just be killing them.

Allies do also frequently take kills before and after you’ve marked enemies.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Your retiration is invalid because your way of playing Ash is not the definite “right way” to play him. You have the gall to say that people who use him to sweep rooms clean are playing him wrong, when that is what Ash is designed to do.

You have a very arrogant tone. How you play Ash is not how everyone plays him and your way is definitely not the best way.

Also yes, many people do find sweeping the camera around, marking enemies very boring when you could just be killing them.

I'm not saying my way is the "right way" I saying that people who think Ash's only use is bladestorming a room over and over are playing him in the wrong way, and creating their own boredom and tedium, which if they are doing that, means they are clearly doing something wrong, as it's really not hard to alter your play style to suit his current powers and make him fun.
The thread title implies "he's not good" well I disagree, I find him a lot more fun since his rework and he's still super powerful, I find he's better at higher levels then low, the [new] changes are fine. He's not the mess these forums seem to make him out to be in his current state, the only reason players might find him "bad" is because they are not utilising or have not adapted to his altered abilities. BS is his Ult, it should not be used as if it's his only ability, yet, it can still clear a room if it needs to, he can destroy eximus units with ease and is one of the only frames that works better the higher levels you use him in. The only reason people might think he's crap is because they have not adequately utilised his powers, the potential is there it just needs to be utilised. 

How good!

I will be able to send clones while aiming at the enemies in a clumsy, slow and unnecessary way! Of course, I could do the same work with my weapons and only in a fraction of the time necessary, but hey! It's a cool rework!

What a @(*()$ rework.

Edited by Awazx

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

How good!

I will be able to send clones while aiming at the enemies in a clumsy, slow and unnecessary way! Of course, I could do the same work with my weapons and only in a fraction of the time necessary, but hey! It's a cool rework!

What a @(*()$ rework.

Or you could just passively leave bladestorm on and play the game normally and when you need it, you can cast it immediately. 

This rework makes this method even better since you can still use your weapons while bladestorming.

Stop thinking "bladestorm vs weapons"

And start thinking "bladestorm with weapons"

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm not saying my way is the "right way" I saying that people who think Ash's only use is bladestorming a room over and over are playing him in the wrong way, and creating their own boredom and tedium, which if they are doing that, means they are clearly doing something wrong, as it's really not hard to alter your play style to suit his current powers and make him fun.
The thread title implies "he's not good" well I disagree, I find him a lot more fun since his rework and he's still super powerful, I find he's better at higher levels then low, the [new] changes are fine. He's not the mess these forums seem to make him out to be in his current state, the only reason players might find him "bad" is because they are not utilising or have not adapted to his altered abilities. BS is his Ult, it should not be used as if it's his only ability, yet, it can still clear a room if it needs to, he can destroy eximus units with ease and is one of the only frames that works better the higher levels you use him in. The only reason people might think he's crap is because they have not adequately utilised his powers, the potential is there it just needs to be utilised. 

Honestly, it always confused me when people call bladestorm useless when the ability can actually kill lvl 100 heavy gunners/bombards without mods on it.

But Ash already is good. 

Seeking Shuriken strips armor better than any frame (Oberon can do it too, but his is expensive af and has low range)

Fatal Teleport is... well.. self explanatory. Scales higher than anything in the game w/ Covert Lethality

7 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I'm not saying my way is the "right way" I saying that people who think Ash's only use is bladestorming a room over and over are playing him in the wrong way

I.e; “I’m not saying it’s the right way, but it is the right way.”

You’re still doing it. Stop trying to dictate what is and is not the right way to play Ash.

Ash is statistcally a very powerful frame, but he is boring in quite a few peoples eyes. Your type of playstyle is one of many I have tried and I find it boring. 

You find him more fun since his rework and thats fair enough. But acting like you’re suddenly an expert on him because people are voicing dissatisfaction with his current state, is just silly. Acting like everyone is just not playing Ash “the right way” is not a good way to challenge the sentiment that he is boring. 

7 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

The only reason people might think he's crap

No one is saying he is crap. He is just boring. There is a difference. Again you do not decide what is an “adequate” use of Ash.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Honestly, it always confused me when people call bladestorm useless when the ability can actually kill lvl 100 heavy gunners/bombards without mods on it.

No one is calling it useless. It’s just tedious and hardly worth it when allies kill your marked enemies anyway.

4 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

No one is calling it useless. It’s just tedious and hardly worth it when allies kill your marked enemies anyway.

Everytime I see this it makes me think of people trying to use bladestorm against lvl 20 enemies.

Teammate killing your targets isn't bladestorm's fault, it's your fault for wasting this ability in unnecessary situations, bladestorm isn't a nuke so why do people always think they have to use it when they immediately see a enemy.

Also I sorta agree with Carnage, people who complain about bladestorm's "tedious" marking are only making it tedious for themselves and they should leave the ability passively on and just play normally and use it for sticky situations.

I'm not saying he's right about Ash's "actual" playstyle but he is providing a valid solution to most of people's problems with Ash/bladestorm.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Teammate killing your targets isn't bladestorm's fault, it's your fault for wasting this ability in unnecessary situations

Another person who thinks they know exactly how a frame should be used. Wonderful.

You can make anything seem unnecesary when you want to argue your point. Doesn’t matter what situation it is, teammates will be killing enemies and more often than not, they will kill the ones you have marked, or the ones you were going to mark. So while you’re sitting there swiping away making sure you get three ticks on enemies, others are just actually killing.

bladestorm isn't a nuke

It was. Now it’s been made more boring. Many people would have just settled for removing the forced animation on the old Bladestorm, since Fatal Teleport was the one used for picking off priority targets. BS was a panic button.

I'm not saying he's right about Ash's "actual" playstyle but

What was it Ned Stark used to say? “Everything before the word ‘but’ is horse****”

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Another person who thinks they know exactly how a frame should be used. Wonderful.

You can make anything seem unnecesary when you want to argue your point. Doesn’t matter what situation it is, teammates will be killing enemies and more often than not, they will kill the ones you have marked, or the ones you were going to mark. So while you’re sitting there swiping away making sure you get three ticks on enemies, others are just actually killing.

I see, you're pretty ignorant. I'm just saying that maybe you should use your common sense and maybe idk... Not use bladestorm when your teammates are blitzing through enemies. Or leave bladestorm's marking mode on passively and play normally so  you can have bladestorm ready when you actually need it... Does that make too much sense?

But if you wanna waste your time marking those lvl 50 and below strawman for enemies while your teammates are having no trouble with them and complain about bladestorm being "slow" then go ahead, I'm not stopping you, Carnage2K4 and I only wanted to provide some logical solutions to your problem.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101

im glad BS isnt nuking rooms of low level enemies. Its a move made for high level threats. You use it when its needed, not to spam. If your teammates are still easily killing enemies, then you shouldnt be using bladestorm. Ash is an assassin frame, not made for fodder that's easily dispatched. He's not made for you to have top kills in every mission because you abused his 4 for no reason.

that said, he WILL get top kills in very tough missions when a multitargeting armor ignoring ult is NEEDED.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Not use bladestorm when your teammates are blitzing through enemies.

Sometimes your allies do follow you around. You talk of common sense but seem to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic yourself.

Or leave bladestorm's marking mode on passively and play normally so  you can have bladestorm ready when you actually need it... Does that make too much sense?

No. I don’t like having to play with it constantly on. Is that a crime, or am I “not playing him the right way”.

But if you wanna waste your time marking those lvl 50

Again, thinking you know what situations I’ve been in. Maybe recognise that with rivens and status, anyone can rip through 70+ enemies with ease. Many people I’ve played with have no trouble with high level enemies. Bladestorm is slow and boring both high and low level.

Carnage2K4 and I only wanted to provide some logical solutions to your problem.

Your solutions do nothing to change the fact that Ash is even more boring to play now and his fourth is superfluous. He is far less efficeint in general gameplay compared to other frames. He’s statiscally very strong, but boring.