The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculously overpriced mods and parts is ridiculous

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

8 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Of course my idea of playing the game doesn’t overrule everyone else’s. Just the bad ones.

Hint: using the forums and waiting for events is also not playing the game. You are allowed to play other games, you know.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I guess that includes me?

unknown.png

Image result for roasted gif

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

If your idea of playing the game is hanging around in trade chat, then yes obviously.

The definition of playing: "engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose."

Last time I checked, I am engaging in the community trade system for my enjoyment and it is for fun and not serious. I would get off that high horse of what is playing, and interpret it black and white. Playing this game is engaging in anything within warframe.exe after you login with your credentials. Telling me how I do not play to your standards is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

The definition of playing: "engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose."

Last time I checked, I am engaging in the community trade system for my enjoyment and it is for fun and not serious. I would get off that high horse of what is playing, and interpret it black and white. Playing this game is engaging in anything within warframe.exe after you login with your credentials. Telling me how I do not play to your standards is just ridiculous and unnecessary.

Image result for thats a lot of damage gif

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

You’re getting way to triggered over norhing. Its just a game, relax. You can do what you want with Warframe and then pretend you’re actually playing, its fine.

Back to talking about how the warframe market is not a free market, which was actually what my original post was about.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

You’re getting way to triggered over norhing. Its just a game, relax. You can do what you want with Warframe and then pretend you’re actually playing, its fine.

Back to talking about how the warframe market is not a free market, which was actually what my original post was about.

The fact that your still saying its pretending to play the game just shows that you are the one that is triggered.

7 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I will keep pretending to have fun on a video game, thanks.

Warframe is a free market:

free mar·ket
noun
  1. an economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.

Each player is a private entity, and there is no restriction on what prices can be. A great example of this is Primed Chamber. Supply (around 100 in existance) and Demand (many collectors seek this mod for completion) create a value that is quite high; ~65,000 platinum. The only influence DE has on the economy is:

• Introducing new items
  • Changing/Altering existing items
  • Vaulting
  • Prime Access

There are more examples, but these are the big ones. Players regulate the market, and if you need solid proof, here you go: https://warframe.market/.

If you would like to get a more exact and in depth answer, it is here as well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

35 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You’re getting way to triggered over norhing. Its just a game, relax.

Sorry, friend. But in our eyes, you're getting way too triggered over someone else who earned ten times more profit than you.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Sicarus ...*cough* ... Corinth ... *cough*....

So, basically you want rivens, but not just any rivens.
You want currently the most sought after rivens for pennies...

Grow up or change the title:
Ridiculously overreacting threads and childish original posters.

The game is without a doubt a free market.

Yes , look at the definition Voltage posted. That is 100% what the ingame trade chat is. Sure it's affected by things like warframe.market, but its still a free market. 

Honestly if you try to twist the situation into 'proving' the game isn't a free market , you're either just mad, salty, trolling or all of the former.

Because stuff like this happens:

unknown.png

3 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Sorry, friend. But in our eyes, you're getting way too triggered over someone else who earned ten times more profit than you.

Sorry, friend. You are a stranger on the Internet. You live half a world away. I do not know you. I have never met you and I will never meet you. Now let me say, I am so, so sorry, if I somehow gave you the impression that I cared at all about how I might look in your eyes. It was not intended. Let me just assure you now: I really do not!

On one hand, riven trading can be considered as a part of a free market, on the other prime parts are regulated by DE with Twitch promotions, by making rare parts uncommon/common drops and lately by ditching the vaulting system entirely which (if its even true, i don't watch all the devstreams)will be the last nail on the prime part tradings coffin.

These all contributed in devaluing the work of those who made plats from farming temporarily unvaulted parts or farmed all year for syndicate marks to turn them in for relics and get more vaulted parts, as it seems now it will not even worth to bother with anymore at all unless you're the masochistic type.

Rivens are too much Rng that's why some of them are so expensive while others don't even sell.

I wouldn't consider arcane trading as non-regulated and free either as DE seems to willfully neglect raids which also pushes up the prices.

Cheap buyers are more of an issue than sellers. If you don't like MY price to give up MY rare Riven, then move on. Someone out there does value my item, and it's my right in a free market to find that person. I don't have to undercut myself to make you happy. It's not something you need.

Edited by Hypernaut1

10 hours ago, rune_me said:

As someone who have made 1000’s of plat, I can say that making 10k+ plat is never worth the time or effort. The guy who finally made 10k plat has spend hours and hours farming kuva, days and days hanging out in trade chat finding the right buyer. I look at my paycheck, see how much money I make in that amount of time, how much plat I could buy with it, and suddenly the guy who made 10k plat has become the laughing stock of the Warframe community who’s time and effort apparently is worthless.

It’s not a free market. It’s a marketing scheme designed to be so bad (in terms of profit made) that any person with some self respect buys the plat instead, thus making money for DE.

I made 10K Plat and it was worth it and a wasn't a guy! I think I broke all the rules :p

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Cheap buyers are more of an issue than sellers. If you don't like MY price to give up MY rare Riven, then move on. Someone out there does value my item, and it's my right in a free market to find that person. I don't have to undercut myself to make you happy. It's not something you need.

I always sell much cheaper than my items are worth. They sell really fast. Like I said earlier, hanging around in trade chat is inane. Other buyers get so angry at me everytime I sell a prime frame for half its value. They PM me angry messages telling me to raise my prizes because no one wants to buy from them when others are selling as cheaply as I do.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I always sell much cheaper than my items are worth. They sell really fast. Like I said earlier, hanging around in trade chat is inane. Other buyers get so angry at me everytime I sell a prime frame for half its value. They PM me angry messages telling me to raise my prizes because no one wants to buy from them when others are selling as cheaply as I do.

That's what I do! Undercut everyone and you can sell quicker meaning you can play the game and get more stuff to sell quicker :D

Do you need it?

YES: pros/cons

NO: move along

Can you afford it?

YES: think twice

NO: look for a similar one / try to negotiate

Do you REALLY want it?

YES: buy it

NO: stick with your current gear

Keep in mind that not everything you see with such ridiculous prices is going to be sold, no matter how good the riven is. You need someone willing to pay such price to begin with. There are some guys I keep seeing in trading chat trying to sell Kohm Rivens for 1500+ :platinum:with questionable penalties for like at least a month. Well, good luck to them with that.

Also,

https://www.wftrader.com/

https://riven.market/

https://www.reddit.com/r/RivenFrame/

http://warframe.market/

Check these.