Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Once the changes are in, there will be no second pass, no changes will be reverted or revisited. Ember is just going to be crippled. Not completely ruined! But crippled.

Dead, not even crippled. People will go to maim Equinox instead, and make her get nerfed till ember actually gets a buff instead of these nerfs

Ok, so you made vex armor recastable, why hasn't it always been that way? You may have increased the aura range, but if you have a high power strength/duration build, that won't matter. You still are hardcore nerfing the only reason he is ever used, he can hit really hard. If you take that away, then people will just throw him out. And all of this because we could 1 shot eidolons? Why nerf a certain frame, when you could most likely find other ways to 1 shot an eidolon without him. Instead, you should try to make a limit on the amount of damage an eidolon can take in a single shot. It was stated in the original post where you announced the chroma nerf, that the reason why it was decided to nerf him now was that you didn't want them 1 shotted. If anything, this should've been adressed BEFORE the plains of eidolon ever was released. You know that the community can find a way to absolutely shred anything. Why would it be different here? And now, because Chroma just so happens to be good at dealing high damage, he's getting a huge nerf.

Also when are you going to change effigy at all, its basically a worse specter scream, that consumes more energy and makes you easier to kill

1 minute ago, An8rchy said:

Dead, not even crippled. People will go to maim Equinox instead, and make her get nerfed till ember actually gets a buff instead of these nerfs

Ember will still be functional, she’ll just be far weaker at high levels, with abilities that don’t scale, don’t do quite enough damage, don’t cover quite enough area, cost just a little too much energy to maintain, and don’t provide enough protection from enemy fire.

3 minutes ago, CarolineVenus said:

There still is no mention about whether Chroma's Scorn buff is affected by the Vex Armor nerfs.

Why is no one asking this? If Scorn is affected, that would completely make him unusable. If Scorn is not affected, I can still use him as my favorite frame.

I'd say Scorn won't be touched, the formula they changed the old vex armor appears to focus on destroying fury. Unless they didn't say anything about it, and scorn is getting nerfed. But from what I can tell, it wont get touched

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Ember will still be functional, she’ll just be far weaker at high levels, with abilities that don’t scale, don’t do quite enough damage, don’t cover quite enough area, cost just a little too much energy to maintain, and don’t provide enough protection from enemy fire.

aka dead, why would you use Ember when now, You can use Equinox maim, you just change frames and ta daaa, 1 frame dead, and the problem isnt solved

il y a 34 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.

Sorry but, still won't use that.

You guys should REALLY do what people have been asking for years, a quiver-like ability to change chroma's element and allow him to launch fireball for AoE Status proc

Alright. DE, I would like it if you could try this: Hold Ember (with her rework in place) in your right hand, and Octavia in your left, look at both of these ‘frames, and say ‘Ember’s in a good place right now, I think she’s finally balanced.’

Hard mode: keep a straight face while doing so.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

How about this decay change be considered also for Rhino's Iron Skin and Inaros's Scarab Armor. 

Edit: If Scarab Swarm is removed via Nullifier you get your health back but still I would like to see at least Iron Skin considered for a change such as this.

36 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

i think we should get this type of drain for rhinos iron skin(its kind off annoying if you get a good iron skin and you walk into a bubble and all your work is gone) and inaros scarab swarm.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Alright. DE, I would like it if you could try this: Hold Ember (with her rework in place) in your right hand, and Octavia in your left, look at both of these ‘frames, and say ‘Ember’s in a good place right now, I think she’s finally balanced.’

Hard mode: keep a straight face while doing so.

Don't tell them to do that, they'll nerf octavia if they see this.

39 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

(NOTE: This post is a follow-up on a prior Dev Workshop. If you missed out last time, be sure to read up on all the changes here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/915093-dev-workshop-warframes-revisited/ )

Hail Tenno!

Thanks to everybody who read our previous thread, tuned in for the stream, and left their comments on our proposed Warframe ability changes. After having the weekend to observe player responses and read feedback, we’ve been trying out a few further changes, and wanted to update you guys on our progress!

First of all, the Warframe changes are also coming with a HUGE rebalancing of guns (as can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916505-dev-workshop-weapons-mastery-ranks-and-stats/ ). We expect an exciting release week as players try out the changes, rework their builds, and rediscover old favorites. To help this along, we’ve got some special rewards lined up:

• Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma and a 3 Day Affinity booster!
  • Console player will receive the same inbox message, by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes.
  • AFTER Friday's Devstream, ALL platforms will get BONUS Gift from the Lotus alerts this weekend with Orokin Reactors!

So without further ado, let's get to it! How have we iterated since last Dev Workshop? Find out in alphabetical order (again)!:

ASH:

• Reduced energy cost of Bladestorm ticks.

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!
  • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.
  • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.

GARA:

• Health gained by Mass Vitrify shown in a UI display.

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).
  • Crush animations slightly sped up
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."

VOLT:

• No changes at this time.

ZEPHYR:

• Tail Wind now costs half as much energy when cast in the air.
  • Tail Wind does more damage.
  • Changed Dive Bomb augment into a Tail Wind augment - now reads: “Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.”
  • Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.
  • (Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.
  • When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

Expect these changes to land on PC soon! Thanks everyone!

YEEEEEAAAAA BOI NEW TITATLAS IS HERE

il y a 6 minutes, CarolineVenus a dit :

There still is no mention about whether Chroma's Scorn buff is affected by the Vex Armor nerfs.

Why is no one asking this? If Scorn is affected, that would completely make him unusable. If Scorn is not affected, I can still use him as my favorite frame.

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)XxIpwneDYoUxX188 a dit :

I'd say Scorn won't be touched, the formula they changed the old vex armor appears to focus on destroying fury. Unless they didn't say anything about it, and scorn is getting nerfed. But from what I can tell, it wont get touched

Let me quote myself from the previous thread...

Le 06/02/2018 à 04:06, Trichouette a dit :

Let's use all strength mods available

• Intensify +30%
  • Augur secrets +24%
  • Transient fortitude +55%
  • Blind rage +99%
  • Energy conversion +50%
  • Power drift +15%
  • Growing power +25%

All this for a total of +298% power strength, and with the default 100% that's a huge 398% power strength.

Now let's take a look at this armor multiplier. The default max value is x3.5, add that much power strength and you get a x13.93 multiplier.

Pre-fix chroma with steel fiber : 735 armor * 13.93 = 10 238.55 armor, that is a 97% damage reduction.

POST-fix chroma with steel fiber : 350 armor * (13.93 + 1.1) = 5 355 armor, that is a 94% damage reduction.

The difference is by 3%, not too much of a huge nerf I'd say. Instead of taking 3% of the damage, you take 6%.

That won't matter until VERY high level (which is unbalanced and useless anyway).

Oh and by the way, I forgot that most players use ice chroma because of the armor bonus, which means with elemental ward and vex armor you get 350 armor * (13.93 + 1.1 + 5.97) = 7350 armor.

That is a 96% damage resistance.

Explain to me again how is chroma dead ?

And now he can recast vex armor to not lose the buffs, how amazingly balanced...

38 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).
  • Crush animations slightly sped up
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."

The new augment is genuinely promising to me, but needs something a bit more.

By my understanding, this is supposed to be a Crowd Control option for Mag, correct? I think this is wonderful, however, this augment ignores Infested which Mag literally does nothing to with Polarize.

I say that this augment should go somewhere between 7-12 seconds, perhaps 7 seconds for consistency, and 'scramble' ancient buffs or confused the infested tissue, slowing them down or keeping them in place.

I really like this concept as an augment, and I think this could make Mag shine.

Archived