Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, Transformau5 said:

I still adamantly believe that Chroma's Scorn buff should be left as it is. It is understandable that you're nerfing/fixing Fury because of boss fights being rushed; a 500% increase with proper strength-focused modding is still a strong  buff, especially so with the upcoming weapon reworks. However, dropping his survivability to nearly a fifth of what it is now, even though even the preview video calls him the last one standing on every battlefield, is ridiculous and uncalled for.

EDIT: unless scorn isn't being touched, in which case I'd like someone to post a source that clarifies that.

Unless i'm mistaken, the only thing being changes is the damage portion of the buff. Not the armor buff. Thats how i understood the fix.

The only question that is burning in the back of my mind, is will crush give overshields now since we are losing the overshields from polarize augment? AND IN THAT SAME VEIN. Can we PLEASE change mags passive to something useful? Like maybe double overshields cap for her?

Also #pleasegivewarframesshieldgates

My recommended changes for Atlas (reworked):
landslide: allow us to punch anything that has a HP bar. (including capture targets since you can already damage them but not target them like other exalted weapons)
tectonics: remove the boulder on recast and instead just let us place a new wall (destroying the old one) when we recast it. boulder can be formed by landsliding into tectonics. (so that using tectonics is way faster)
petrify: I preferred the last iteration of petrify, but to keep everyone happy let it petrify non heavy units on cast and allow us to hold petrify to petrify the heavy units and to REFRESH the duration of already petrified enemies.
rumblers: REMOVE petrify on cast and instead stagger>knockdown enemies (like an earthquake. It makes more sense IMO), and allow us to summon 1 rumbler from the get go.

I really hope you will at least see this! good luck with your game we love you!

These changes sound awesome, thank you

I like the ember fire trap addition, maybe make it so that it also burns enemies slowly in a moderate area?, but i think her other skills need a touch up in CC , as she really is missing a whole ton of survivability without her long range firequake CC.

I would also like to give a few possible suggestions regarding chroma's kit( in addition to your changes):

- make Chroma able to switch elements , but allow either him or his effigy to have their element picked from changing the energy color before the mission( so as what we have normally). So his buffs can be changed mid mission, and also when he uses his 1 while his effigy also attacks(or make it attack when chroma uses his 1) their elements can combine, so e.g. fire chroma + ice energy colored effigy = blast damage.( this proposed change, adds more flexibility with chroma, while giving additional active purpose of the effigy, rather than the current cast and forget effigy)

- one more thing, make his effigy cast chroma's buff as well , but depending on its energy color will give that buff instead, (might or might not stack with chromas buff if they have the same element), so as just to have even more range of buffs and this synergizes with the augment that moves his effigy.

example situation: chroma goes to the right to kill mobs, and leaves his effigy with his team, so that they can still get an armor buff, and he can readjust the position to come to him if he wanted to spray mobs with element procs or if he wanted a certain buff.( effectively making the effigy an umbrella of buffs).

I do think that multiple buffs from chroma might be a bit too strong, so just having chroma's effigy just cast chroma's current buff (not stacking)can still be good, because it increases the range where he can buff allies + he can still move away from his teammates while they still get the buff, granted they stay near the effigy or chroma moves the effigy to his allies.

And one more ,suggestion, make his buffs last for a few seconds when people are out of its radius, This would be treated kinda like oberons hallowed ground + renewal armor buff, albeit with a shorter duration.

my reasoning is because its kinda a bad feeling if you get the increase max health buff and able to heal yourself, but because you stepped a bit to far you lost all of that extra health

If you read through this, thank you for reading,i can't wait for the warframe and weapon changes .

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

It still hasn't been clarified, so I'll just keep asking.  Are both Fury and Scorn being changed to calculate before mods, or is it just Fury?

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

Unless this does a crap ton of damage, this sounds like you just made her 4th augmented power transform into a radial version of 1st power.

Which I'm finding puzzling, I was fairly okay with the sound of the drop it for a 5 second burst. 

Now if we're talking an all new Tenno Space Program then I'm in.

Just now, (Xbox One)xDawnx0fxKaosx said:

Unless i'm mistaken, the only thing being changes is the damage portion of the buff. Not the armor buff. Thats how i understood the fix.

In the original post about the changes it changed chroma's damage increase formula from  [(Base * Mods) * Vex Armor], to [Base * (Vex + Mods)], and on the wiki it says that scorn is currently applied after the previous calculations, so it has the same formula has fury.

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

I know you wont touch chroma for a while but at lease by the time his prime comes around consider changing his 1.

1 Spectral Field: Shoots a aoe fire/ice/toxin/lightning ball that turns into a elemental field and can cycle through the elements to effect his 1,2 and 4.

4 Effigy: reduce the armor reduction to chromas armor to 20% and the damage is effected by vex armor.

16 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Ember: The changes are alright, but they don't solve the issues here - Ember is squishy. She survives on WoF straight up murdering stuff, and when it can't anymore (read: late star chart) from its soft CC from heat procs and Fire Quake, or by spamming Accelerant.
If you're taking that from her, she's going to need either survivability or reliable (read: hard) CC.

You don't like WoF being a low level nuke? I'd honestly be fine if you removed  its damage entirely and increased its base range to 20 left the range intact.
Remove the target cap (or speed up its cycle) and make it apply heat procs every ~4 seconds.
That's pretty much what it already does now, past mid-star-chart - this'll just stop the beating around the bush.
And it'll need an additional effect, because unreliable CC in a low area isn't a good sell for an ult.

Technically WoF is hard CC. Hard CC means loss of movement control (stun, panic, fear) while soft CC is any other action impairing effect (slows, disarm)

heat procs cause panic which stops them from controlling themselves (typical behavior -> attack Tenno)

Fix Ember please

Shes still Squishy, Wof is still nerfed to the point which any build is useless, no dmg will help her and no knockdown will help if the range is smaller than a whip.
-Fireball is underwhelmingly useless, not only in dmg but it wont do anything if to cast a napalm i need to use 3x time more energy to cast it
-Fire blast "buff" is almost useless as heat dmg doesnt scale well, and the knockdown is simply useless since we have accelerant, which casted once will make further spam casts faster and actually buff Wof
-Wof is dead, like excuse me ? Halfing range will kill Fq builds, will kill the only survivability Ember will have, double drain is even dumber when u consider shes a caster and she needs the abilities to survive, and the dmg is pointless if anything has armor, which they always have.

Hail Tenno!

Thanks to everybody who read our previous thread, tuned in for the stream, and left their comments on our proposed Warframe ability changes. After having the weekend to observe player responses and read feedback, we’ve been trying out a few further changes, and wanted to update you guys on our progress!

First of all, the Warframe changes are also coming with a HUGE rebalancing of guns (as can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916505-dev-workshop-weapons-mastery-ranks-and-stats/ ). We expect an exciting release week as players try out the changes, rework their builds, and rediscover old favorites. To help this along, we’ve got some special rewards lined up:

• Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma and a 3 Day Affinity booster!
  • Console player will receive the same inbox message, by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes.
  • AFTER Friday's Devstream, ALL platforms will get BONUS Gift from the Lotus alerts this weekend with Orokin Reactors!

So without further ado, let's get to it! How have we iterated since last Dev Workshop? Find out in alphabetical order (again)!:

Only fair considering the nerfs coming for banshee and ember at high level, although imo it should be more than 3 forma, it should be based on how many of the affected frames we own etc.

To be honest, I'd also rather see catalysts over reactors (I've got like 20 of them and only 1 item to use it on when it's built) so at the very least can you do a mixture of reactors and catalyst alerts.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with an excess of reactors especially considering there's been a higher amount of reactor alerts in game of late imo.

In addition to my comments in the other thread, which still seem to apply based on this one.

Ash... still got the 'motion sickness' element of requiring marking.  I personally would still prefer a cone over the 'wiggle the mouse' marking system.   I'd also still prefer a single mark over multiple.  Hopefully the clones have had a speed buff too, the gif shown makes them look very slow to do their thing. 

Atlas... as I said in main thread, I'll expect a nerf in a few weeks.

Banshee... still don't like this, while the old stuck in place wasn't perfect, this still seems like it's a nerf in damage (banshee's base soundquake damage is really bad and has no scaling) and in acquiring focus standing.   Still has ragdoll which many of us don't like.

Chroma... it's better but the damage nerf kind of kills it's niche, if I want strong armor and even a combi buff/armor frame there are 'easier' options to use.

Ember... fireball, well that's nice but unless it scales and/or bypasses armor etc it's kind of useless at high levels.

Fireblast, that's ok but it's still fire damage, unless it's going to combine with elements on a weapon so firing a toxin gun gives gas for example it won't really change much.  At the very least add in some damage reduction or something to make it 'vaguely' worth using at higher levels.

WoF.  The changes are still killing it's high end usage as crowd control with firequake while in all likelihood doing nothing to the complaints about killing low level enemies while bullet jumping.  All we need to 'fix' the nerf to range is increase it at the cost of damage mods which will be compensated by the double damage... it's almost like DE hasn't even checked out their own rework or worse doesn't even play ember, I don't even main ember and I can see the above change to builds a mile off. 

You said it yourself ember is a squishy damage frame, yet in reality she isn't when you go anywhere above lower level star charts and if you want to take her high level you turn her into a crowd control build to compensate for her squishy nature.  Your're now removing her protection at high levels so are you going to give her a survivability buff to compensate.

Gara... Still no fix for using MV in advance to protect a target.  The current planned rework and necessity to grab as many enemies as possible for it's buff means we'll be more restricted in where we can go because we'll need to be near the 'defence target'...might as well just use stasis limbo if it's to freeze enemies while protecting a target. 

Mag... Still nothing to help towards dealing with grineer then... or the fact that the 'percentage buff' from damage taken will actually work out less the higher you go on enemies.

Volt... Shame, still got the stupid fall off of damage and duration.  Kind of defeats the purpose of a 'crowd control' ability if the duration reduces the further away it gets and I see no reason why it needs to have a damage fall off, it's not like it will be overpowered seeing as it has no scaling for high level.  

Zephyr... Still see no reason to use her and her ragdolling of enemies will continue to be annoying.

Focus passive... about time but we'll still need to void dash needlessly for the energy regen on zenurik etc, how that constant regen of energy was so convenient on focus 1.0....

Nullifiers... why can't this be done with things like iron skin, frost globe etc as well... the 'instant removal' is the thing that annoys players the most about nullifiers. 

Landing on a pc soon...  and just happens to be right after the rush for ember at the start of prime unvaulting with no refunds....maybe I'm just get cynical in my old age...

I think everyone needs to relax and try out what they ve come up with and then base an opinion on that they are the best DE team I have ever seen and they are trying to fix "Is this fun" issue not I want to murder everything without trying issue lol. I personally think the changes and the direction they are going is very good nothing is as saddening then going into a run with an ember with upgraded bullet jump annihilating everything before they have even seen the enemy... 

My suggestion is simply try it before complaining.... if you voice an opinion after trying it and making sure that you dont have the expectation that these abilities will 1 shot everything even stuff you can't see then you will start to realize that it's not so bad..

I mean as is you might as well just turn runs with ember into an obstacle course with stuff dropping randomly around you as a race to the finish... 

As far as the other changes like I said better to test before complaining I'm sure they have and actually enjoy the interaction it creates. If they do being players of the game maybe you will to instead of theoririzing that you wont...

Atlas:
While Petrify changes will definitely make him a lot stronger, they'll also make him too similar to Inaros, I believe that the channeling helped to differentiate them, just need to make the enemies petrify fast enough.

Ember:
While changes are appreciated specially to Fireball, these changes won't make her any funnier to play than it was, since we'll still need to continually recast her 4, and with such big energy costs on cast for her 2 and 4 I doubt she'll still be viable. Not to talk about her useless passive...
For me the solution goes through removing the range decrease over time on her ultimate...

1 minute ago, Lydethlas said:

MAG:

"fragile crowd control caster"

Fragile: As the day she came out. Check mark symbol

Crowd control: Her 1, 2, 3 and 4! Check mark symbol

Caster: An Actual Energy pool, thank you so much! Check mark symbol

By God I think you've gone and done it! 

Yeah I might just pick mag up again but I'm not sure how to go about playing her, and when she shines compared to the like she of nyx and max range sleepvara (my two mains)

except maybe vs corpus I guess, that's the most obvious. But even then in defenses and all nyx might be better

When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

please, make abilities that have requirements to build-up like Inaros fourth , Chroma Vex, Equanox slowing augment be decaying when in nullifiers orb rather then instantly dispelled

52 minutes ago, ExpGui said:

The new augment is genuinely promising to me, but needs something a bit more.

By my understanding, this is supposed to be a Crowd Control option for Mag, correct? I think this is wonderful, however, this augment ignores Infested which Mag literally does nothing to with Polarize.

I say that this augment should go somewhere between 7-12 seconds, perhaps 7 seconds for consistency, and 'scramble' ancient buffs or confused the infested tissue, slowing them down or keeping them in place.

I really like this concept as an augment, and I think this could make Mag shine.

If the duration is affected by power duration mods it should work out fine, since Mag uses duration for Polarize anyways. Making it 7-12 base would make it necessary for them to not let it scale with duration mods, which wouldn't be good or bad either way. 

I do like the idea of messing up the ancient buffs. It would make mag a good choice for higher level infestation and void missions to stop the healers, but even then you would still be better off just taking another frame for infestation. Still a good idea.

Archived