Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Forced Operator Mode.

Shockwave-

Why DE? Why are we being constantly forced into our operator. When POE came out it was sad because it was all about forcing us into our operators. Everyone I know hates operators. But we were forced to fIsh, forced to mine, and forced to do bounties on POE that many didn't want to just to get the arcanes and quills status for our operator.

At the time some people defended DE by saying that we didn't HAVE to do any of that. We didn't HAVE to fish much, or mine much, or kill eidolons because if we hated operator mode, and weren't playing operator then it didn't matter because we didn't NEED the upgraded prisms, or the magus or virtuous arcanes. THe only reason to advance in quills and POE was do operator things in POE - it was self contained.

My response to those people at the time was... "yes, but we DO have to because eventually DE will make us use these things and we will need to have done all this mining and fishing and quill rank upgrading or else we won't be able to."

Fast forward and here we are. Want to merge your Rivens? Yes... been suggesting this since the day rivens came out. Now you can... IF fight terralysts with your operator.

Want arcanes? Well raids are going away and arcanes are being dropped by terralysts. So if you want Arcane Energize you have to use your operator and fight terralysts.

What used to be normal content is now POE operator content and what SHOULD be normal content (riven merging - which should come from something on the Kuva fortress not POE) is now operator content.

Operators are the worst thing to happen to warframe. I don't wan to be forced to play them but now I have to be. To get to max quill standing and get 3 sets of arcanes (two for the suit one for the prism) you need 150 eidolon kills. With them slowing that down (Chroma nerf) I'm GLAD I sucked it up and got these things prior to this coming update. IT was not fun, it was a chore, but those that didn't do or are just starting now will have a much harder time getting their arcanes and riven merging items

Yea I hate new content too. /s
No one is FORCING you to do anything,if you want you can farm prime parts, sell them for plats and buy the new things that way.
They are already removing raids to appeal to a bigger group and letting you get Arcanes in another way thats simpler.

2 minutes ago, Kayll said:

Yea I hate new content too. /s
No one is FORCING you to do anything,if you want you can farm prime parts, sell them for plats and buy the new things that way.
They are already removing raids to appeal to a bigger group and letting you get Arcanes in another way thats simpler.

people dont' hate new content they hate bad content. THen they hate the bad content being forced on your over and over again at the expense of good content. There is nothing wrong with doing raids outside of a bug here and there, and there are MORE bugs on the plains than in raids. Adding arcanes to teralysts while leaving raids alone would be one thing. Moving ALL NEW CONTENT to POE and hiding it behind operators is not a good thing.

Why is merging 4 arcanes not something from the Kuva fortress which has no reason to go there? Why is killing terralysts now the end all be all for Rivens, Arcanes, etc etc. Why are unvaulted relics only on bounties? All POE all the time gets old, all operator all the time get's old even faster

Hmmm... 

Well I like the new operator systen over the old one... PoE fishing and mining are fun mini games and fighting Eidolons if fun to do to.

My friends also like those things and see them as all good changes...

So different strokes for differet folks. That's the way it always is.

I guess try and not grind it so hard and just keep doing the things you do like.

Man, operators are part of the game. A big part of the game, actually. The game's lore surrounds them, also the focus system, which acts as an endgame long-term task for a lot of people. Their inclusion in the game and their liberation are the most important and popular moments in the quest line. As simple as there's no puppet without puppeteer.

It's ok if you don't like them, but there's (a lot of) people that really do, and it's not forcing anything: it's making a part of the game work. 

Following the other guy's line, it's just new content. You can play the old content as before. You can get a Excalibur with a Skana and play the rest of your life in that corpus ship. The only exception has been trials, what's pretty saddening to everyone who liked them (me included), but it's reasonable. Like you hate operators, a lot of people hate trials and some of the old content. Now it's their chance to get the arcanes, and their prices are going to fall heavily, so you can buy them and keep playing in your operator-free world.

9 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

There is nothing wrong with doing raids outside of a bug here and there, and there are MORE bugs on the plains than in raids.

Please, don't lie.

JV is the most bugged, broken and unplayable content in this game. I lost the count of how many times it got broken, fixed and broken again. And not small bugs. Gamebreaking bugs.

How many times DE fixed JV? How many times it got broken after 2 days?

You may not like Operator and the plains, but don't lie thinking that everyone here will not notice.

10 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

people dont' hate new content they hate bad content. THen they hate the bad content being forced on your over and over again at the expense of good content. There is nothing wrong with doing raids outside of a bug here and there, and there are MORE bugs on the plains than in raids. Adding arcanes to teralysts while leaving raids alone would be one thing. Moving ALL NEW CONTENT to POE and hiding it behind operators is not a good thing.

Why is merging 4 arcanes not something from the Kuva fortress which has no reason to go there? Why is killing terralysts now the end all be all for Rivens, Arcanes, etc etc. Why are unvaulted relics only on bounties? All POE all the time gets old, all operator all the time get's old even faster

Yea the bugs suck, but they are getting fixed over time.
Like I said and others have said, no one is forcing you to do them.. if you don't have fun doing them then don't do them, isn't that the main point of playing a game, for fun?
I enjoy a nice change of pace from time to time, I've done thousands of missions with my warframes, adding 10 missions to do with the operator isn't going to destroy the game for you.

This thread again...

@Shockwave-

You know, there was a time I was as furious and resentful about all this space magical kids concept. However,  I grew indifferent about it. Why? Because:
1) WF is just a game, and it is not very mature to let something as trifle to affect your mood negatively
2) DE aka the artist loves, and I do mean LOVES their space magical kids concept and absolutely will enforce it. They do have the artist's license to do it, after all.
3) The game moves in the direction I absolutely hate and that means that after 3500+ hours invested, it is likely I will leave WF by May of this year if not sooner albeit with a light heart.

Why? Because there is always the time you have to move on. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

2 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

You mean outside of Kuva runs and Teralyst hunts?

If yes, then agreed that Operators are completely optional. That said, some Operator use is pretty much mandatory in Kuva runs and Teralyst hunts.

Operator participation in Kuva missions is:

Press 5, Ctrl + Space, then 5.

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

You mean outside of Kuva runs and Teralyst hunts?

If yes, then agreed that Operators are completely optional. That said, some Operator use is pretty much mandatory in Kuva runs and Teralyst hunts.

Uhh, You don't even need to hunt in Kuva Missions anymore thanks to them being in both Sortie and Bounty reward tables.

34 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Operators are the worst thing to happen to warframe.

They really aren't.  They are nowhere near as bad as when Auras were first converted into mods and cost additional mod points, meaning everyone had to find a way to free up some space to equip their previously free Aura..

22 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Why is killing terralysts now the end all be all for Rivens, Arcanes, etc etc

It's not the be all and end all for Rivens.  You still get them from Sorties and can still trade them.  You just miss out on the Transmute option.  Could you please elaborate on the 'etc etc'?  I mean, I know it stands for 'et cetera', latin for 'and the rest', but I really don't know what else you mean to tie into being Teralyst exclusive content.

22 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Why are unvaulted relics only on bounties?

What does this have to do with the topic of forced Operator use?  Bounties do not require Operators.

50 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Want arcanes? Well raids are going away and arcanes are being dropped by terralysts. So if you want Arcane Energize you have to use your operator and fight terralysts.

Arcanes are Optional.

50 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Operators are the worst thing to happen to warframe.

Why?

Speak for yourself -"

I love my operator,I even remember when I was doing the second dream and I was like """WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?"

And now we can even use they more in combat (Even with the actual focus system seens a little bit """not enought"""")

If you don't like then,so it's your problem ...and...the part of the community that doesn't like it either....with...is not that big ! 

Actually,the biggest part of the warframe players in a whole doesn't even come to forums or reddit...is just a small part that actually are """"vocal""""

Right now what I most want in the game is a Operator Melee weapon,soo I can make some combos with my Warframe '3'

Edited by _12K

I also love operators and teralyst fights. Some of the best fun I had in this game was killing teralysts and decking out my operator in PoE.

It's very sad to see raids go because I know there was a small but very dedicated fanbase that loved doing those. A lot of my clan mates raid everyday religiously, and I joined them on several occasions. 

But I'm very happy and excited to see more teralyst fights, better rewards and hopefully more operator options and gear in the future. I enjoy how warframe and operator are slowly but surely developing a meaningful gameplay synergy. As someone else here said, if you don't like operators, farm relics, mods or whatever else you enjoy doing and then use the plat to buy whatever it is you need out of "operator content". I do that with stuff rewarded in content I do not enjoy doing.