Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When I was your MR Ember was alive

DroopingPuppy

I've been here for 4 years or so and until now have yet to build Ember Prime, which resulted in me not touching vanilla Ember either. I was stocked to finally have my hands on her (not like that you pervs).

Now that I've used her I must say... she's so mediocre. I really don't get the commotion. Yeah yeah, WoF got nerfed. Sorry, I don't think better range would have redeemed Ember from being so meh. DPS frames are the worse.

I have tested Fireball and;

-Ability Strength increases its damage and area. About 5m radius on 220% Ability Strength(so 10m diameter).

-Duration of napalm is fixed(about 10 secs). Nothing can increase or decrease the duration.

-Both Ability Range and Ability Duration does nothing, although Accelerant needs some of them.

-Horrible charge time, and still slow even if you put Natural Talent. Anyway Natural Talent is a must.

Well, maybe Ember still have a place, but it is much more annoying... and needs more time to analyze.

And, Fire Blast is still sucks.

59 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

I have tested Fireball and;

-Ability Strength increases its damage and area. About 5m radius on 220% Ability Strength(so 10m diameter).

-Duration of napalm is fixed(about 10 secs). Nothing can increase or decrease the duration.

-Both Ability Range and Ability Duration does nothing, although Accelerant needs some of them.

-Horrible charge time, and still slow even if you put Natural Talent. Anyway Natural Talent is a must.

Well, maybe Ember still have a place, but it is much more annoying... and needs more time to analyze.

And, Fire Blast is still sucks.

Just a question but if you use high range, good strenght, acceptable duration build cast first fireblast and then accelerant does the heat damage bonus what we get from fireblast is addittive or multiplicative?

If i fire a weapon dealing 100 heat damage at an enemy will i get:

- 250 damage with accelerant what becomes 375 after blastwave damage bonus is added

- 250 damage with accelerant what becomes 300 after blastwave damage add in it 50% bonus

From what I've heard is with the new changes she can kill lvl 100 trash mobs, so maybe she ain't that bad.  Just different.  About switching out to Equinox or Octavia...   Why not just bring a gun and shoot the enemies?  It's not ember fast, but it's still effective. Bring a soma and you won't even go through one clip in a low-level exterm.

After think about it for a time, finally I think that Ember is dead. Well, charged Fireball is actually cause decent damage. BUT, that's nothing diffrent with some bullets of Launchers - or weaker. Then why we are bothered to use Ember? We can play something better instead. Although Ember CAN use the weapon while charging Fireball, its horrible charge rate means it is very annoying to do and we have the better replacements out there already.

Even for procs, or at least Condition Overload, I don't think that Ember is a choice for that.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just a question but if you use high range, good strenght, acceptable duration build cast first fireblast and then accelerant does the heat damage bonus what we get from fireblast is addittive or multiplicative?

If i fire a weapon dealing 100 heat damage at an enemy will i get:

- 250 damage with accelerant what becomes 375 after blastwave damage bonus is added

- 250 damage with accelerant what becomes 300 after blastwave damage add in it 50% bonus

Sorry I don't think that it is worth enough to test Fire Blast, for its radius seems remain unchanged. Whatever I put the mods for duration and range, its spreading radius is keep same.

6 hours ago, traybong111 said:

laughs in 220% power strength flash accelerant 

While I don't disagree WoF was an important CC tool for Ember in lategame, it's at least some consolation that a lot of lazy peasants will move onto other frames. 

to get a new frame "reworked"

2 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

After think about it for a time, finally I think that Ember is dead. Well, charged Fireball is actually cause decent damage. BUT, that's nothing diffrent with some bullets of Launchers - or weaker. Then why we are bothered to use Ember? We can play something better instead. Although Ember CAN use the weapon while charging Fireball, its horrible charge rate means it is very annoying to do and we have the better replacements out there already.

Even for procs, or at least Condition Overload, I don't think that Ember is a choice for that.

Sorry I don't think that it is worth enough to test Fire Blast, for its radius seems remain unchanged. Whatever I put the mods for duration and range, its spreading radius is keep same.

Nevermind it, i tested and the patch notes confirmed my assuption the buff is only applied to allies.

Equinox - Ember but slash, when they complain, tell them your ember was nerf so now you Equinox XD

Banshee - when they complain, tell them your ember was nerf so now you banshee XD

Broberon with 190 range build can cover and clear small defense maps with less movement and is comparable to equinox / ember clear.

14 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

you were MR 24 in the past? if yes, then how did you loose the 110k Mastery you need to reach 24 again?

on a serious note:

ember was never "alive". she was a frame that either was used to brain-afk low level missions or provide CC via Firequake.

and who cares if ember got "nerfed"? like you said, there is a whole lot of other frames that you can use if you don't like the changes

Edited by Helch0rn

12 hours ago, Helch0rn said:
On 2018. 2. 10. at 8:05 PM, DroopingPuppy said:

you were MR 24 in the past? if yes, then how did you loose the 110k Mastery you need to reach 24 again?

on a serious note:

ember was never "alive". she was a frame that either was used to brain-afk low level missions or provide CC via Firequake.

and who cares if ember got "nerfed"? like you said, there is a whole lot of other frames that you can use if you don't like the changes

I'm 23 now, so I can say it to most people especially for newcommers. And, well, that's named after "When I was your age pluto was a planet.", you know.

We can switch to the others, as we does always, but it is sad to see something is nerfed to the ground, as always. Even for something broken and/or what I don't use, it is painful to see something is render useless because someone will weep for it. And I have Ember.