Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An incredibly opinionated opinion on new Ash's Bladestorm

mosaickle

Thing I love about the cutscene.

I was doing a Lua Survival mission and we end up going into an open area with 20+ mobs and 2 sentients... out of habit I immediately sweep marks across the area and engage the enemy with my fancy bullet jump picking them off. At some point in the fight my shields go down and I think "oh no what am I to do", so I hit 4 and smile. I love that it is a get out of jail free card.

So I still like it if I can still do that.

Edited by Redfeather75

6 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Thing I love about the cutscene.

I was doing a Lua Survival mission and we end up going into an open area with 20+ mobs and 2 sentients... out of habit I immediately sweep marks across the area and engage the enemy with my fancy bullet jump picking them off. At some point in the fight my shields go down and I think "oh no what am I to do", so I hit 4 and smile. I love that it is a get out of jail free card.

So I still like it if I can still do that.

ash has invis, you know that right

45 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

ash has invis, you know that right

I like bladestorm for it's instant 'ash is not there but still attacking' part. I know smoke screen has a brief knockdown immunity during it's cast but I instinctively use blade storm to dodge dangerous moments. It's just my playstyle. Or was my playstyle, as I haven't tried ash in a while. :blush:

Edited by Redfeather75

IMO, the new bladestorm is lacking style now. It's practically his 1, with clones instead of shurikens. He marks people, does a little hand motion and things get stabbed in the distance. It doesn't feel like HE is the one going berserk and stabbing a bunch of enemies multiple times. Its a little stale to me now.

With pre-rework BS, it felt like Ash was blacking out, Wolverine style, and just murdering everyone in the vicinity. Yes, it was OP, but that's how it "felt" and that's what i enjoyed about it, cutscene and all. With the rework, it retained some of that feel, but felt more deliberate. These were enemies that he marked, that he went berserk on, with his shadow clones going in after. Now it just feel like he's gotten lazy and just commands clones to do his work. Just doesn't feel as satisfying to me. Sure i can opt in, but its kind of clunky at the moment, and the incentive isn't really there. Its not ASH doing the killing anymore. Its not satisfying to just do it for show. This is just how i feel, im sure tons of other players just appreciate the DPS. 

Im kind of disappointed in the change. I would have prefered an opt out personally, or maybe less animations per enemy marked. But oh well, i cant expect to like every change. On a positive note, i think my DPS has increased with change. The last survival sortie i was mopping enemies up. It actually felt closer to old bladestorm ash in enemies killed per minute actually. I was constantly marking enemies for death while also shooting at them. I think this change makes Ash more of a mass killer again.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I like the new design personally. I liked the old design too for clarity. I agree with a poster above about the feel of the old BS and its functionality in emergency situations in that it made them a non emergency, However I like the new design as well because I can cast it and watch my clones do the work while I do any other functions, I can also charge into the mobs with bladestorm activated allowing my clones to distract enemies and prevent damage to me or negate part of it. Parkour, blocking and general maneuvering and targeted attacks become more interesting and useful in my opinion I'm not just jumping around for show any more.

I have trouble catching targets some times one the fly to hit teleport and have to remind myself to smokescreen then target.  

I love that DE included the best of both worlds.

Love being able to move around while enemies are murdered? You got it.

Love the cutscenes and invulnerability? Press 3.

I think this is the best Ash has been in a long time, with all his augments except bladestorm augment having a niche to fill.

I can only dream of a bladestorm augment rework, considering how redundant it is with body count/drifting contact/naramon around.

Maybe something to help bladestorm apply more crowd control or something. Nah that would be even more OP.

Edited by ninjase

I hate these new changes.  But then again maybe I haven't figured out how to use them?  For instance do you teleport and then press melee attack?  Do you keep teleporting to make it seem kind of like the old blade storm?  I miss the old blade storm so much. :)

7 minutes ago, Orphan1310 said:

I hate these new changes.  But then again maybe I haven't figured out how to use them?  For instance do you teleport and then press melee attack?  Do you keep teleporting to make it seem kind of like the old blade storm?  I miss the old blade storm so much. :)

You must teleport to a marked target. Then it's the same as before.